+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Abraham Butt Lickers

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Re: Abraham Butt Lickers

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    The game has changed. Adapt or die. I don't believe I came from a monkey, but things evolve over time. Dinosaurs are extinct....
    When I watch LSU, its offense this year reminds me of the pass happy offense that Tech ran under Crowton and Rattay. It is similar to what the Saints currently run. If that offensive style of play is a dinosaur, it definitely isn't extinct because it is stomping the hell out of a lot of people.

It is comical that there is an attempt by some of the Tech faithful to run down the offenses of Crowton, the early Bicknell years and Dykes, while also diminishing the impact of really great Tech quarterbacks. In my humble opinion, if those teams faced the weak schedules that we have seen the past few years (especially this year's), Tech would have had at least four 10-win seasons.

Oh, and for reference, the coach responsible for LSU's new passing game is not some old fossil. Joe Brady is 30. That is a youngster when talking about coordinators. And by the way, he is a part of a dinosaur's coaching tree: Crowton > Carmichael > Brady.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No, no... 415 passers? 3rd string QBs don't count. And he's frickin' 19th! That's NINETEENTH!!! Sucks.
    Correction, 435. Sorry I cut the list short. https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo.../regularseason

Oh, and he's 12th now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Correction, 435. Sorry I cut the list short. https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo.../regularseason

Oh, and he's 12th now.
    Woo hoo!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yes, I don't doubt that was part of the reason last year, but he was either held back or didn't want to run the two years before. I didn't hear it, but others here have said Holtz admitted that he had been holding him back out of fear of him being injured. Sounds EXACTLY like the way Holtz plays the game.
    Holtz did say that because he didn't have faith in our backup QBs early on. Heck he still probably doesn't. Smart move this year it appears so far.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Whatever it is, his game-time leash is obvious: throwing an interception is an immediate rotation. It happened with Elliot all year, it just happened with Allen.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Whatever it is, his game-time leash is obvious: throwing an interception is an immediate rotation. It happened with Elliot all year, it just happened with Allen.
    Yeah, I'm concerned that none of our backup QB's can play 5 min of football without throwing an INT. I mean, come on!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yeah, I'm concerned that none of our backup QB's can play 5 min of football without throwing an INT. I mean, come on!
    HD, you thought Elliot should have been given a shot at QB1 last year.....Don’t make me use the search function! ��

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

HD, you thought Elliot should have been given a shot at QB1 last year.....Don’t make me use the search function! ��
    ....and I was high on Allen this year.....until last week.

Dude....just give me a damn backup QB who can play 10 min of football without throwing a damn INT. I mean, for the love of God, we can't seem to find anybody that can do it.

We've been very fortunate that we haven't HAD to play a backup QB in many years. Injuries happen to QB's at other schools all the time. If there was ever a school that's totally UNPREPARED to play a backup QB, it's LA Tech.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Allen has at least lead a scoring drive this season. I can overlook one bad pass, its fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Allen has at least lead a scoring drive this season. I can overlook one bad pass, its fixable.
    ....we sure have a lot of "over-looking" where our backup QB's are concerned.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

....we sure have a lot of "over-looking" where our backup QB's are concerned.
    Speaking of “over looking” our former QB 6’9” now 240 lb Nate Cox posted some highlights on Twitter from his season so far in Garden City.

https://twitter.com/nate14cox/status...247025665?s=21

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

He left Tech and went to Garden City because he wasn’t getting any reps at La Tech. I think we can assume after seeing Elliot and Allen that he was never going to be a contributor here. Why the need to show highlights?

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

He left Tech and went to Garden City because he wasn’t getting any reps at La Tech. I think we can assume after seeing Elliot and Allen that he was never going to be a contributor here. Why the need to show highlights?
    Because I wanted to......what does it matter to you what I do? Some may be interested to see how he has filled out and is progressing. He went to JC to get reps and improve, hell he may come back next year and become our next backup and he definitley overlooks the field at 6’9”.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Maybe he can play center for the basketball team?

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Because I wanted to......what does it matter to you what I do? Some may be interested to see how he has filled out and is progressing. He went to JC to get reps and improve, hell he may come back next year and become our next backup and he definitley overlooks the field at 6’9”.
    He probably got a fair shot at La Tech..it didn’t happen for him. He chose to leave.

+ Reply to Thread