+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4th Quarter - Holtz 3rd Down Pass Play Call

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

4th Quarter - Holtz 3rd Down Pass Play Call

Tech 38 - USM 30

3rd down and 3 at USM 39 with 2:03 left. USM with 1 time out left.

What do you call?

I LOVED Holtz call to roll J’Mar out to throw to Cee Jay Powell in the flats. If Cee Jay makes the catch it looked like he would have been able to get the first down and seal the deal.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 4th Quarter - Holtz 3rd Down Pass Play Call

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Tech 38 - USM 30

3rd down and 3 at USM 39 with 2:03 left. USM with 1 time out left.

What do you call?

I LOVED Holtz call to roll J’Mar out to throw to Cee Jay Powell in the flats. If Cee Jay makes the catch it looked like he would have been able to get the first down and seal the deal.
    I didn’t like it because the throw did not go beyond the line to make for a 1st down. Now maybe it was just poor execution but even if he caught it I didn’t think he would’ve had the 1st down. So in that case why not just run it and not risk stopping the clock.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I would have run something, maybe have Smith keep it on the old naked bootleg like he turned into the GW TD vs. UTEP last year. Would have rather forced USM to burn their last timeout, or! maybe the bootleg works and it's game over, baby!

BUT! I must hasten to say, that for Holtz that was a gutsy call. He also went for it TWICE on 4th downs while in point-blank FG range with the game on the line. I am so proud of Skippy...he's starting to show he has a pair.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

BUT! I must hasten to say, that for Holtz that was a gutsy call. He also went for it TWICE on 4th downs while in point-blank FG range with the game on the line. I am so proud of Skippy...he's starting to show he has a pair.
    He's been playing with house money for years.

Also, it's obvious that he has FINALLY turned his QB loose to run the ball. It has made all the difference in the way we are defended.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Screenshot from NFL Network postgame interview sums it up...8FF9E52A-1364-4B3B-9441-C81DE0C61127.jpeg

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    Screenshot from NFL Network postgame interview sums it up...Attachment 14469
    Yep! he was quite animated "and thanks to the NFL Network for showing it!"

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Smith keep it on the old naked bootleg like he turned into the GW TD vs. UTEP last year.
    That was an amazing play. I was sitting right behind the Tech bench when they trotted out a bunch of huge linemen and the QB. Every UTEP defender crowded the line because everyone could see it was going to be a QB sneak for the short distance needed for a 1st down

But it wasn't. Old J'Mar surprised everyone by taking off running around the end for an untouched TD scamper.

And Holtz called it instantly when the situation arose. There was no timeout to plan. He must have had that one in his back pocket for a while.

That play was my favorite of the year.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

Some of the calls today surprised me. Maybe the importance of the game. Maybe someone grew something- I don’t know. But going on 4th when so often we’ve settled for 3. Playing to WIN not just playing to be close at the end and hoping things rolled our way. Cheers Skipper! Cheers JMar! Let’s look at UTEP now S the most important game of the season because it’s next!

+ Reply to Thread