+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsportsmanlike Conduct 12:36 2nd Quarter

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Unsportsmanlike Conduct 12:36 2nd Quarter

Anybody see exactly what the penalty was for? Obviously wasn’t Amik’s clean, huge hit.

That call extend their drive which ended in a 37 yd run by Abraham to put USM up 21-14.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Unsportsmanlike Conduct 12:36 2nd Quarter

It was Willie Baker pointing at the USM player...it was very restrained, but that had to be it. 46 didn't do anything. I've watched the replay a bunch and that's all I saw.

It was weak sauce.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

It had to be Baker. It wasn’t 46. It wasn’t 21.

It was a weak call, and they followed up with calling Abraham’s spike. Which may have been partially to make up for it. If they aren’t physically assaulting another player, I don’t care. Let them show some dang emotion.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Looked to me like Baker was saying, "yep he is out, get him some help!" He immediately looked to the sideline after he "pointed"."

IMO, the ref had his hand on the flag immediately after the hit. He could not stand not being able to throw the flag for the hit, so he looked for something else.

Any college player who spikes the ball after a TD gets a penalty called.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Looked to me like Baker was saying, "yep he is out, get him some help!" He immediately looked to the sideline after he "pointed"."

IMO, the ref had his hand on the flag immediately after the hit. He could not stand not being able to throw the flag for the hit, so he looked for something else.
    Bingo. I thought the same. The Referee was not happy that Amik's hit was so clean, and he was just hell-bent on throwing a flag at somebody. Really was a completely bogus call.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I watched the replay several times and that little point was nothing to call. I agree, they just wanted to call something because the hit was brutal, but clean. That was a stupid call!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I watched the replay several times and that little point was nothing to call. I agree, they just wanted to call something because the hit was brutal, but clean. That was a stupid call!
    The flag came out on the initial hit....after conferring with others they couldn’t call targeting. Had to come up with a reason for the flag.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    The flag came out on the initial hit....after conferring with others they couldn’t call targeting. Had to come up with a reason for the flag.
    Some referees have been known to just pick up the flag. Evidently C USA refs won't.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

I initially though it was for Amik doing a throat-slash type jester to the USM bench/crowd, but the ref closest to him certainly didn’t find he did anything worthy of a flag. I assumed the ref farther down field saw Amik and threw it after the celebration. Non of that seemed to be the case though when they announce #46. It was aggravating to me regardless if it was warranted or not because it was 3rd and very long. We hadn’t done much of anything to stop them at that point (except for Amik’s first int). Our first real stop is blown by a stupid penalty or a blown penalty. These days it’s 50/50 on wether a player did something stupid or some idiot ref is incompetent.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Amik does that slash after almost every big play he makes.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Amik does that slash after almost every big play he makes.
    Yeah, I have seen him do it several times. Thought there was a time when such a action was penalized. We don’t need to give any snowflake referees something else to be subjective about. Especially CUSA refs. He can do it all the time if there is zero chance of it drawing a flag.

I am always afraid it will draw one. It hasnt yet... but someone may be looking for a reason one day...

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    I initially though it was for Amik doing a throat-slash type jester to the USM bench/crowd, but the ref closest to him certainly didn’t find he did anything worthy of a flag. I assumed the ref farther down field saw Amik and threw it after the celebration. Non of that seemed to be the case though when they announce #46. It was aggravating to me regardless if it was warranted or not because it was 3rd and very long. We hadn’t done much of anything to stop them at that point (except for Amik’s first int). Our first real stop is blown by a stupid penalty or a blown penalty. These days it’s 50/50 on wether a player did something stupid or some idiot ref is incompetent.
    The flag was thrown by a jester

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I am always afraid it will draw one. It hasnt yet... but someone may be looking for a reason one day...
    Antee "
    may be looking for a reason one day..."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    I watched the replay- the flag comes out after Baker “checks” on the player. Barnett didn’t do anything to warrant a flag - he was excited and ran right to Amik - didn’t even look at the player.

+ Reply to Thread