+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/26 @UTEP Game

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: 10/26 @UTEP Game

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    You be happy with a 13-10 win over UTEP??? Over suck ass UTEP?
    Will do us as much good as beating them 50-10. Sure, I’d prefer 50, but UTEP has 85 scholarship FBS players and they’re in our division. Every week teams lose games like the one we’re about to play.

I’ll be happy with a win.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As someone mentioned lowly/crappy Bowling Green beat Toledo. Such WTF upsets happen weekly.

I personally can't relate to the mindset that causes players(teams) to go into a game like this flat. I, and most of the other guys I associated with, was like a shark smelling blood in the water...attack! without mercy, without remorse. When we had a weak-ass team next on the schedule all week in practice our coaches had to TRY to keep us calm. We couldn't wait to get at 'em, to humiliate 'em, to hurt them, if we could. Like sharks! But...most kids are not like that today, which is part of the pussification of America. But, that's another story for another time.

Anyway, hopefully, the Dawgs will show up and do enough to get a nice win, then move on.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

UTEP fans expect a blow out and an empty stadium.

MinerIllustrated |
    Thread: LA Tech @ UTEP Prediction Thread
    Last edited by qng001; 10-22-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

UTEP's "Top Plays" last week against FIU. Not too many impressive top plays.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    UTEP's "Top Plays" last week against FIU. Not too many impressive top plays.

Agreed. BUT.....that very last Pass play for the UTEP TD was beautiful. Beautiful throw by the UTEP QB.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another ESPN3 game, so once again an ESPN College Extra game.

DirecTV hasn't posted its schedule on the guide yet, but that should happen by Thursday based on the last few weeks.

Hope their ESPN3 production is good. Rice and FIU are the worst.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’m not sure I buy into the belief that Holtz is going to all of a sudden play aggressive. I think the players are playing aggressive and because they’ve been successful Holtz is going along for the ride for now. Case in point, it was Akim’s individual aggressiveness that squashed a few USM possessions. As a result the team played with confidence. If you all remember until the pick 6, USM had the ball and was going to try to drive to either win or prolong the game. Holtz didn’t orchestrate the pick 6 either. Don’t be fooled by conditional changes to what’s been the norm. Holtz is going to resort to playing it safe soon enough.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our QB having the green light to run in the biggest help to our offense and team

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’m not sure I buy into the belief that Holtz is going to all of a sudden play aggressive. I think the players are playing aggressive and because they’ve been successful Holtz is going along for the ride for now. Case in point, it was Akim’s individual aggressiveness that squashed a few USM possessions. As a result the team played with confidence. If you all remember until the pick 6, USM had the ball and was going to try to drive to either win or prolong the game. Holtz didn’t orchestrate the pick 6 either. Don’t be fooled by conditional changes to what’s been the norm. Holtz is going to resort to playing it safe soon enough.
    Nah,
    Skip’s more aggressive play calling last week says it all.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If both teams bring their "A" game we should win by at least 3 TDs, something like 42-21. Any other iteration of the level of play will, of course, cause the final score to swing wildly from:

Tech "A" game 52 UTEP "B" game 16
    Tech "B" game 27 UTEP "A" game 20

If we only bring our "C" game, we will likely lose.

I hope we donkey-stomped 'em! Beat 'em 100-0! I still remember those jerkweed Uteppers posting on our board when they got invited to CUSA over us. I never forget, and I never forgive.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Of the 21 pass attempts by J’Mar this game, about a third of them were throws 5yds or less of the line of scrimmage. That seems to be a bit less than the norm for us this season. Glad we were able to go more down field which I associate with being more aggressive offensively. Of course being able to do so depends on factors like pass protection, what the defense’s scheme is, receivers getting open, QB finding the open receivers, etc. Maybe it was more of a “take what they give you” and “if it isn’t broke then don’t fix it” game plan worked the majority of the game.

UTEP fans expects a blowout. Look at their prediction thread.

UTEP Message Board
    Thread: LA Tech @ UTEP Prediction Thread

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If both teams bring their "A" game we should win by at least 3 TDs, something like 42-21. Any other iteration of the level of play will, of course, cause the final score to swing wildly from:

Tech "A" game 52 UTEP "B" game 16
    Tech "B" game 27 UTEP "A" game 20

If we only bring our "C" game, we will likely lose.

I hope we donkey-stomped 'em! Beat 'em 100-0! I still remember those jerkweed Uteppers posting on our board when they got invited to CUSA over us. I never forget, and I never forgive.
    I agree.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The jury is still out on this team. Seems like they are presenting evidence of being championship caliber, but more testimony is needed:

They have won ugly games against lesser opponents on the road.
    They have properly disposed of an awful opponent at home.
    They have shown resilience in beating a formidable opponent at home.

Now they need to show they can dominate a lesser opponent on the road. If they "pick up where they left off" instead of "starting over at square one" against UTEP, it would be another piece evidence. We have seen teams under Holtz "play down" to the opponent in the past so this would be something else different.
    Last edited by boxerdog; 10-24-2019 at 10:28 PM.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread