+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/26 @UTEP Game

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 10/26 @UTEP Game

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If both teams bring their "A" game we should win by at least 3 TDs, something like 42-21. Any other iteration of the level of play will, of course, cause the final score to swing wildly from:

Tech "A" game 52 UTEP "B" game 16
    Tech "B" game 27 UTEP "A" game 20

If we only bring our "C" game, we will likely lose.

I hope we donkey-stomped 'em! Beat 'em 100-0! I still remember those jerkweed Uteppers posting on our board when they got invited to CUSA over us. I never forget, and I never forgive.
    It was a bad move by CUSA and misfortune for Tech. We may be in a better conference now had we been selected then. Tech had much more upside than UTEP, as has been proved.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    It was a bad move by CUSA and misfortune for Tech. We may be in a better conference now had we been selected then. Tech had much more upside than UTEP, as has been proved.
    our leaders were full of excuses then and they are now. Nothing has changed. We still lack leadership and the "money" folks are fine with that just like they were when Stovall was hired

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    our leaders were full of excuses then and they are now. Nothing has changed. We still lack leadership and the "money" folks are fine with that just like they were when Stovall was hired
    There was a big announcement today concerning a new academic building....We continue to grow in the academic areas. Does that help with conference alignment? Our AD needs some improvement, from what I hear not much chance he grows into the position. My feedback is limited though. We complain about football, but we have had decent results with Holtz. Growth is a process, it takes time.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    There was a big announcement today concerning a new academic building....We continue to grow in the academic areas. Does that help with conference alignment? Our AD needs some improvement, from what I hear not much chance he grows into the position. My feedback is limited though. We complain about football, but we have had decent results with Holtz. Growth is a process, it takes time.
    That’s hilarious. We went 1-A in 1988. We’ve had 30 freaking years.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Of course I understand the announcement today was more about results in the governors race than anything....but whatever it takes.

I would love to see our leaders take a cross section of personalities on this board and have an open forum of ideas. It’s seems we have a lot of real world experience on this board as well as a few in the world of academia. If we could ever marry the two together....the results would be great.

On this board, I’m just sharing my thoughts....The feedback from other posters challenges my viewpoint. That is how growth occurs....I hope we have leadership that is willing to grow and develop.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    That’s hilarious. We went 1-A in 1988. We’ve had 30 freaking years.
    Have we had the same leadership or vision for 30 years? How old are you? Did your thoughts and beliefs change between the time you were 10 and the time you were 40?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Have we had the same leadership or vision for 30 years? How old are you? Did your thoughts and beliefs change between the time you were 10 and the time you were 40?
    The vision should always be to improve, be better, achieve the highest level you can. That should not change when leadership changes. There should always be specific, clearly communicated goals and expectations. Progress against such goals and expectations should be measured and changes made when goals are not being achieved. The goals have to include providing the absolute best product or service you can, when you do price for that product or service becomes less relevant because people want it.

Tech tends to take one step forward, then two steps back.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

UTEP game DirecTV channel for SportsPack subscribers is 792.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Tech would be best off just letting this board serve as the athletic department. I bet we would free up a ton of money for coaches and have better ideas than the suit and tie guys shaking hands and maintaining what we have going on.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Tech would be best off just letting this board serve as the athletic department. I bet we would free up a ton of money for coaches and have better ideas than the suit and tie guys shaking hands and maintaining what we have going on.
    They've done great with tailgating, ticket sales, and attendance.

You sound like the old man saying, "get off my lawn".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

You'll have to remember, Dixonfor6 "don't even know." Just humor him.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Oh my gosh. The 3C (critizise-condemn-complain) Club is holding another meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Oh my gosh. The 3C (critizise-condemn-complain) Club is holding another meeting.
    Why are you so negative?

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    UTEP game DirecTV channel for SportsPack subscribers is 792.
    Thanks! Love being able to DVR rather than just stream.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

FYI, Skip Holtz has won 6 games in a row against UTEP. During his time as headcoach at USF and ECU, he never lost to the Miners.

UTEP, who is your daddy?

+ Reply to Thread