+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference USA Standings/Schedule

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Conference USA Standings/Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Getting to go back to Marshall is an exciting possibility.
    They are going to lose to CLT and/or FIU (both fighting for bowl eligibility). We are going to win out. We just need FAU to lose to USM and we'll have 12,345, at JAS on December 7th. I will be part of that number.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    They are going to lose to CLT and/or FIU (both fighting for bowl eligibility). We are going to win out. We just need FAU to lose to USM and we'll have 12,345, at JAS on December 7th. I will be part of that number.
    Even if they don't, it's hard to beat a team twice. Further, the team Marshall beat last week will look different than the team they would have to beat for the CG. Perhaps I'm just getting "giddy", but the season isn't over.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Even if they don't, it's hard to beat a team twice. Further, the team Marshall beat last week will look different than the team they would have to beat for the CG. Perhaps I'm just getting "giddy", but the season isn't over.
    Let’s hope this team won’t look further different come CCG due to any academic issues. I assume such issues would present themselves sooner than that now that the fall quarter has ended.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    I assume such issues would present themselves sooner than that now that the fall quarter has ended.
    I was wondering about that yesterday. I suppose there's a bit of a lag for the finals to become "official". The last time we played Marshall in the CG, some of our academic issues were known before the end of the quarter because some of our players had declined to go to class.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It's based on when Winter Quarter begins. December 3rd.

If there are any casualties they should be able to play in the UTSA game, but not when we go back to Marshall.

Marshall and USM lost...what does that mean?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

CUSA sucks.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

EAST - FAU exclusively wins the east with a win over USM next Sat. Marshall is out of it unless FAU loses. Marshall does hold the tiebreaker over FAU, so if FAU slips, Marshall can still win the East with a win at home over FIU.

WEST - Anybody that loses next weekend is likely out. USM, who is tied with Tech and UAB for 1st in the west, will likely lose to FAU next Sat on the road. If they do --and Tech beats UTSA as expected-- then UAB must win at UNT to win the West. Tech simply needs to beat UTSA at home, and hope UAB can't score as often on the road as UNT can at home. If UAB beats UNT, they'll be the West champion by virtue of owning the head to head tiebreaker vs LA Tech. As long as LA Tech beats UTSA, it doesn't really matter if USM wins or not, because Tech still owns the tiebreaker vs USM.

If UAB (vs UNT) wins, USM (vs FAU) wins and Tech wins (vs UTSA), it will go down to some 2nd and 3rd level tiebreakers.

Holtz really screwed this season up for everybody.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but in all probability, LA Tech will still win the west, unless UNT is just simply too injured to even dress out a team. UNT is typically pretty tough a Apogee Stadium.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Means nothing to go to the championship game or to even win it now. It won't sell tickets or excite the fan base. That's all that matters.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    EAST - FAU exclusively wins the east with a win over USM next Sat. Marshall is out of it unless FAU loses. Marshall does hold the tiebreaker over FAU, so if FAU slips, Marshall can still win the East with a win at home over FIU.

WEST - USM, who is tied with Tech and UAB for 1st in the west, will likely lose to FAU next Sat on the road. If they do --and Tech beats UTSA as expected-- then UAB must win at UNT to win the West. Tech simply needs to beat UTSA at home, and hope UAB can't score as often on the road as UNT can at home. If UAB beats UNT, they'll be the West champion by virtue of owning the head to head tiebreaker vs LA Tech.

As long as LA Tech beats UTSA, it doesn't really matter if USM wins or not, because Tech still own the tiebreaker vs USM.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but in all probability, LA Tech will still win the west, unless UNT is just simply too injured to even dress out a team. UNT is typically pretty tough a Apogee Stadium.
    Fine's last game at Apogee. I could see them beating UAB.

We win today without the suspensions. Now the suspensions are completely the fault of the players but it will be somewhat comical if J'Mar and Hardy come back in time to play in the conference championship game. I really don't think any of the teams in the conference can beat us full strength. It will also be ironic to hear all the sanctimonious folk who take their prescriptions for "anxiety" on the regular jeer J'mar and Hardy for smoking dope.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Fine's last game at Apogee. I could see them beating UAB.

We win today without the suspensions. Now the suspensions are completely the fault of the players but it will be somewhat comical if J'Mar and Hardy come back in time to play in the conference championship game. I really don't think any of the teams in the conference can beat us full strength. It will also be ironic to hear all the sanctimonious folk who take their prescriptions for "anxiety" on the regular jeer J'mar and Hardy for smoking dope.
    Boxer, Hardy hasn't really been legit all year. IMO, we have not missed him. Jackson was back in today. FWIW, I think I heard them say he graduated this past week.

Our defense was horrible today and last week.

Our special teams were bad again today. What other coach wastes two spots on the travel roster with punters?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Boxer, Hardy hasn't really been legit all year. IMO, we have not missed him. Jackson was back in today. FWIW, I think I heard them say he graduated this past week.
    I think he was our leading receiver before the suspension. He's really good at gaining leverage on his defender and catching the ball. We were trying to use Stanley in that way today but he's not as good on the sideline--needs to play inside. I actually believe we would have won today with Hardy (even without J'mar)
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Means nothing to go to the championship game or to even win it now. It won't sell tickets or excite the fan base. That's all that matters.
    I call major BS on that one and refuse to waste my time arguing with you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I call major BS on that one and refuse to waste my time arguing with you about it.
    Show me the increase in ticket sales if it happens. Ticket sales and exciting the fan base is all that matters. How do you improve on 5 straight bowls other than winning 6? You go on a 10 game win streak and earn a top 25 ranking.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yeah, winning a conference championship is important. Maybe not for PD but for the rest of us.

+ Reply to Thread