+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Robertson Named Semifinalist for 2019 Jim Thorpe Award - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Robertson Named Semifinalist for 2019 Jim Thorpe Award - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Junior cornerback Amik Robertson was announced as one of 14 semifinalists for the 2019 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award, awarded to the best defensive back in college football, the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced on Monday afternoon.*In addition, Robertson also picked up Defensive Player of the Week honors in Conference USA.

More...

Discuss it here.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Re: Robertson Named Semifinalist for 2019 Jim Thorpe Award - latechsports.com

Did all of you know that we could vote to get Amik into the semifinalist group? https://www.paycom.com/jim-thorpe-award/

I did not, until I just happened to see a Twitter post from the Amik's hometown newspaper urging people to vote for Amik. Maybe Tech posted something about it, but I cannot find it. A news release on July 22 was the last mention I can find where Tech mentioned.
    Hopefully I just missed an alert from Tech for us to vote for Amik. If not this was a huge missed opportunity by the Tech. He most deservedly belongs on this list.

Here's the list of the other semifinalists. Some big name schools here.

Semifinalists List (2019 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award)

Amik Robertson, Louisiana Tech, Jr.

Luq Barcoo, San Diego State, Sr.
    Essang Bassey, Wake Forest, Sr.
    Douglas Coleman III, Texas Tech, Sr.
    Grant Delpit, LSU, Jr.
    Alohi Gilman, Notre Dame, Sr.
    AJ Green, Oklahoma State, Sr.
    CJ Henderson, Florida, Jr.
    Jevon Holland, Oregon, So.
    Xavier McKinney, Alabama, Jr.
    Tanner Muse, Clemson, *Gr.
    Jeffrey Okudah, Ohio State, Jr.
    JR Reed, Georgia, Sr.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Boy, if this does not get Amik on more radars... here's a twitter post from NFL Network with Amik post-game. It's pretty clear what his goal is, and what he's preaching to the team: Conference Championship.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1185752147197091841

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I thought voting was closed a week ago or so. He needs and desires this award.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I just selfishly hope Amik stays at LA Tech next year too, instead of leaving for the NFL early, after his junior season.

He sure is fun to watch. It's hard to believe all those north Louisianians prefer to stay home instead of going to watch a talent like that.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I just selfishly hope Amik stays at LA Tech next year too, instead of leaving for the NFL early, after his junior season.

He sure is fun to watch. It's hard to believe all those north Louisianians prefer to stay home instead of going to watch a talent like that.
    He's gone. Don't get your hopes up. The whole reason he came to Tech instead of LSU was so he could get on the field immediately and get to the NFL in three years. He had a kid in high school that he is trying to take care of, so I'd say the chances of him coming back are about 0.001%.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I thought voting was closed a week ago or so. He needs and desires this award.
    I just happened to see a Twitter post about the ability for fans to vote. I hope if we have another opportunity to vote for him to be a finalist whoever is in charge of social media posts will get the word out. If I see something I will post. Of course we want him another year, but if he declares himself, Amik deserves our support to get him drafted as high as possible.

+ Reply to Thread