+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Smith Named LSWA Offensive Player of the Week - latechsports.com

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Smith Named LSWA Offensive Player of the Week - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So he beat a guy out who was not competing yet...I see.

Yeah, Rattay knows nothing about how to become a great QB. My bad.
    What qualifies Rattay as a great QB? Did he win any Super Bowls? National Championships? He was definitely one of the best to play at La Tech....not sure that qualifies as great.

There is a big difference between being a great player and being a great coach.....

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    What qualifies Rattay as a great QB? Did he win any Super Bowls? National Championships? He was definitely one of the best to play at La Tech....not sure that qualifies as great.

There is a big difference between being a great player and being a great coach.....
    So by your definition Dan Marino wasn’t a great QB since he didn’t win a SB or NC. Got it. There’s a lot of great players that haven’t done either of those two things.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    So by your definition Dan Marino wasn’t a great QB since he didn’t win a SB or NC. Got it. There’s a lot of great players that haven’t done either of those two things.
    Lol! Your making my point for me.... Please define great. Marino was a great Qb......

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Lol! Your making my point for me.... Please define great. Marino was a great Qb......
    How am I making your point? You say Marino is great, but he doesn’t meet either of the criteria you listed. You must be using other criteria than what you said.
    Great is a comparative word. Rattay was top 25 all time in passing yards and top 15 in career TD’s in just 3 years. He was drafted by a bad 49ers team and never found the success he did here at Tech. Does that mean he wasn’t a great QB? I don’t think so. Had he played 4 years at Tech he would be a top 5 QB in most meaningful NCAA stats. If that doesn’t qualify as “great”, I can’t wait until we manage to land one that is.

How am I making your point? You say Marino is great, but he doesn’t meet either of the criteria you listed. You must be using other criteria than what you said.
    Great is a comparative word. Rattay was top 25 all time in passing yards and top 15 in career TD’s in just 3 years. He was drafted by a bad 49ers team and never found the success he did here at Tech. Does that mean he wasn’t a great QB? I don’t think so. Had he played 4 years at Tech he would be a top 5 QB in most meaningful NCAA stats. If that doesn’t qualify as “great”, I can’t wait until we manage to land one that is.
    I was asking for the criteria....Comparing Marino and a Rattay is laughable....Of the top 25 NCAA passers you mentioned, how many had long term success in the NFL?

+ Reply to Thread