+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Named LSWA Offensive Player of the Week - latechsports.com

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Smith Named LSWA Offensive Player of the Week - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I owe Jamar an apology - cause I have called him every expletive out there - it he was never the problem - it was coaching - glad Rattay is gone cause Jamar is starting to play like a winner - and I like it.
    Exactly!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yep, Rattay was coaching him to take sacks (he is still doing that) and throw the ball in the dirt or 10 ft over the heads of the receivers. Rattay was also responsible for telling him NOT to pull the ball and give it to the RB for a 3 yard loss. It's funny that some of the Rattay bashers are now defending Smith and Holtz for holding the ball because we didn't have a good backup and needed to protect Smith. Amazing!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I owe Jamar an apology - cause I have called him every expletive out there - it he was never the problem - it was coaching - glad Rattay is gone cause Jamar is starting to play like a winner - and I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Yep, Rattay was coaching him to take sacks (he is still doing that) and throw the ball in the dirt or 10 ft over the heads of the receivers. Rattay was also responsible for telling him NOT to pull the ball and give it to the RB for a 3 yard loss. It's funny that some of the Rattay bashers are now defending Smith and Holtz for holding the ball because we didn't have a good backup and needed to protect Smith. Amazing!
    Like he's doing such a great job with QBs at Washington now as well.
    Look, I loved him while a player like you did but a QB coach he has a questionable track record. Heck, coaching might not even be his true calling. Just the facts. Or maybe he might make a better OC but for now he's in a squeeze. Admit it Monty. I again wish him and his family well and very much success for the future.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Look, I loved him while a player like you did but a QB coach he has a questionable track record. Heck, coaching might not even be his true calling. Just the facts. Or maybe he might make a better OC but for now he's in a squeeze. Admit it Monty. I again wish him and his family well and very much success for the future.
    Why is it so hard for you to admit that Holtz was the problem when you've already made the claim that Holtz was holding him back from running before this year in order to keep him healthy. Try to be consistent with your BS. You can't blame Rattay for horrible passes and getting sacked due to his head coach telling him not to run

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Having a run game helps him. Tech has been one-dimensional under J'Mar and that's too much to ask of him (carry the team by himself), imo. The defense having to respect the run game opens things up for J'Mar.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Having a run game helps him. Tech has been one-dimensional under J'Mar and that's too much to ask of him (carry the team by himself), imo. The defense having to respect the run game opens things up for J'Mar.
    exactly! But the Rattay hating crowd would rather blame him than Holtz

No hate here at all and there is no "hate crowd". Hate is a strong word my friend. Dang you sound like the left or Hillary, whom I will and have used the term "hate". Yes, I have used the term hate quite a lot for that group of criminals. Is Rattay your client or something? What's up?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

And the Holtz-hating crowd likes to blame Holtz. It’s a group effort (all the staff and all the team).

And the Holtz-hating crowd likes to blame Holtz. It’s a group effort (all the staff and all the team).
    Whatever. Holtz runs the whole show and you know it.

No hate here at all and there is no "hate crowd". Hate is a strong word my friend. Dang you sound like the left or Hillary, whom I will and have used the term "hate". Yes, I have used the term hate quite a lot for that group of criminals. Is Rattay your client or something? What's up?
    You and FIM blamed Rattay for something you gave credit to Holtz and said it was a smart decision...not to allow him to run the ball. THAT was our problem for 2 years, not Rattay.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Holtz is the HC. Even if it was a group effort, which it’s not because Holtz is a micromanager, he ultimately is the one signing off on all decisions. It’s not that difficult to understand.

Holtz has done okay this year, other than almost losing to Grambling and Rice. If Holtz is any good, Tech will finish the regular season with one loss. Let’s see if he can pull it off.

You and FIM blamed Rattay for something you gave credit to Holtz and said it was a smart decision...not to allow him to run the ball. THAT was our problem for 2 years, not Rattay.
    Nah, only for the first games this season evidently. JMar ran plenty and had to many times the last two years (some even didn't like the way he would slide). But JMar's main problems the last 2 years were his lack leadership, pouting on the field, holding the ball way too long and poor touch throwing the ball, which our past "QB coach" didn't seem able to fix. Period! He's a different player now Thank The Lord!
    And yes Skip's poor offense play calling.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Do you watch the Redskins? I have kept up with them for years because my husband is a fan- and I have to hear him every Sunday. They don't have a lot to work with, and haven't done anything to protect the QB. The jury is still out on whether or not he can coach at this point. A lot has to do with the owner and poor decisions regarding players they are making. They let Cousins go and were fine at QB until Alex Smith got hurt. They have been trying to fill the position with players no one is wanting. Haskins may be alright eventually, but is not ready right now for sure. They could certainly use Trent Williams this year on the line, but have gotten nothing for him. This is not a good organization.
    Last edited by Cal&Ken; 10-30-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Fingers can be pointed at more than one... i believe Holtz admittedly held him back, that doesn’t mean Rattay was a fantastic QB coach either. Who recruited and worked with the QBs? Rattay. So why wouldn’t he have some blame if Holtz’s reasoning involved not having confidence in the backup QBs?

You don’t have to just be a a “Holtz hater” or a “Rattay hater.” All you can do is acknowledge what you see. J’Mar is doing better this year, it could be a result of one thing or it could be a result of both.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Fingers can be pointed at more than one... i believe Holtz admittedly held him back, that doesn’t mean Rattay was a fantastic QB coach either. Who recruited and worked with the QBs? Rattay. So why wouldn’t he have some blame if Holtz’s reasoning involved not having confidence in the backup QBs?

You don’t have to just be a a “Holtz hater” or a “Rattay hater.” All you can do is acknowledge what you see. J’Mar is doing better this year, it could be a result of one thing or it could be a result of both.
    Smith is getting better mostly because of experience on his end and the receivers end, not because of a change in QB coach. He has multiple weapons to throw to, so many that Hardy has barely even been mentioned this year. Plus the Oline play has been much better this year, and we’ve found more of a bruising RB in Henderson that has allowed us to open up the playbook on offense. In other words, the offense as a whole is playing much better, making Smith better at the same time. That’s not to take anything away from Smith and the year he’s having. He is definitely making better decisions and throws this year.

+ Reply to Thread