+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race for the West

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Race for the West

We’ve got 4 left to play (4-0)

11/9- North Texas
    11/15- @ Marshall
    11/23- @ UAB
    11/30- UTSA

Southern Miss (3-1) with loss to us

11/9- UAB
    11/16- @ UTSA
    11/23- WKU
    11/30- @ FAU

C-UAB (3-1) loss to WKU

11/2- @ Tennessee
    11/9- @ Southern Miss
    11/16- UTEP
    11/23- LaTech
    11/30- @ NTX

Of course it’s best if we win out, but assuming we drop one to UAB, Marshall or NTX and end up with 1 or two conference losses. In my opinion, UAB is by far the most important game left and a must win.

If Southern Miss beats UAB at home, UAB would need a lot of help to make the championship game. I’m hoping they beat UAB and lose to WKU. That would make it very hard for either team to win the West.

UAB has the hardest stretch left. They have no bye week, and they have to go to Knoxville and play a Tennessee
    team that’s finally showing signs of life and trying to get bowl eligible. The next week they have to go to Hattiesburg and play Southern Miss. And they still have to play us.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Race for the West

3/4 would do it, as long as one of the wins is UAB (if UAB wins out).

I'm really torn between pulling for UAB to lose to USM to buy us a little more wiggle room (and not have everything hinge on that one game to win the division) and pulling for a big showdown for the division between two teams with really good records (that we go on to win of course).

Either way, we're hoping UAB beats Tennessee. And no matter what we've got a lot of winning left to do if we want that shot at the title.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I hope UAB beats Tennessee, but I doubt it. They gave Alabama all they wanted and took the Gamecocks to the woodshed. I think Pruitt is finally starting to slowly turn them around. A UAB win would be great for CUSA though. However, I hope they lose to Southern Miss. I feel like Holtz always needs wiggle room

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

Since we're playing them there I would like to have them lose to Southern Mess. We will have a short week when we play Marshall there so some cushion would be good.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the schedule, we definitely want USM to beat UAB.
    USM has much tougher remaining schedule than UAB. USM will lose at least a game or two against WKU/FAU.
    Other than us, I don't see UAB will lose to anyone else on their remaining conference schedule.
    CUSA refs will do everything in their power to make UAB vs Marshall title game.

+ Reply to Thread