Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
I believe i'm right that we need to win out to assure we'd host the CCG in Ruston. To PLAY in the game, we just need the best record in the West Division.
I THINK, if LA Tech beats Marshall this Friday night, our Dawgs are guaranteed to win the west (by virtue of our tiebreaker win over USM) as lon g as we beat UTSA (which is highly expected) in the last game. There's nothing USM can do to catch us, even if we lose to UAB.

Also, I believe wins over Marshall & UTSA would guarantee that LA Tech gets to host the CCG due to our record vs the CUSA East teams we played (we would have beaten FIU & Marshall). Again, a loss to UAB won't really matter.

All that said, I believe LA Tech can stream roll UAB, 1) if we don't get out-coached by UAB's Bill Clark, who appears to be one of the best, and 2) as long as J'Mar doesn't have another night like last night. (Yes, I'm perfectly aware that he had a key TD pass dropped last night, but he also had a very rough 1st half passing the ball. J'Mar STILL doesn't get the whole thing about throwing the ball sooner. He needs to throw the ball BEFORE his receivers get to the sideline, or too deep in the end zone. That is still a real problem for him. He threw too many uncatchable balls out of bounds last night.)