+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Why no Trump impeachment thread on Paw-Litics???

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Why no Trump impeachment thread on Paw-Litics???

“What did Ambassador Sondland tell you that he told Mr. Yermak?” Democratic counsel Daniel Goldman asked (Republican witness) Morrison. Morrison replied, “That the Ukrainians would have to have the prosecutor general make a statement with respect to the investigations as a condition of having the aid lifted.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

This is the Republican star witness? If so, they have to be disappointed.

Volker: “Since I gave my testimony on October 3, a great deal of additional information and perspectives have come to light. I’ve learned many things I did not know at the time of the events in question. First, at the time I was connecting Mr. Yarmuk and Mr. Giuliani–and discussing with Mr. Yarmuk and Ambassador [Gordon] Sondland a possible statement that could be made by the Ukrainian president, I did not know of any linkage between the hold on security assistance and Ukraine pursuing investigations–no one had ever said that to me and I never conveyed such a linkage to the Ukrainians.”

“I opposed the hold on U.S. security assistance as soon as I learned about it on July 18th and thought we could turn it around before the Ukrainians ever knew or became alarmed about it,” Volker continued. “I did not know the reason for the hold but I viewed it as a U.S. policy program that we needed to fix internally and I was confident that we could do so.”

“I now understand that others saw the idea of investigating possible corruption involving the Ukrainian company, 'Burisma' as equivalent to investigating former Vice President Biden," said Volker. "I saw them as very different. The former being appropriate and unremarkable, the latter being unacceptable."

“When I spoke to the Ukrainians about the hold,” Volker continued, “I told them the opposite–that they should not be alarmed; that it was an internal U.S. problem and we were working to get it fixed. I did not know others were conveying a different message to them around the same time.”

“I think the allegations against Biden are self-serving and not credible,” Volker said later on.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The way I heard the testimony from Volker was different. He heard the discussion about “investigations” as investigating corruption. He learned later that some interpreted it as “investigate Biden”. Morrison was trying to say that he was worried about the interpretations that would be spewed about the call, so he spoke to counsel about it. The libs tried to twist his statement or just cut him off. Vindman thought the info on the call was so telling and so damning that he jumped Mr. Morrison and reported to someone else who had instructed him to skip Morrison. Ms. Williams heard the same call and thought nothing of it and didn’t make it a point to harp on it with others.

Seems we can all interpret what we hear or think we hear differently. The difference is what really happened. Did Trump withhold aid because of legitimate concerns that none of us are privy to and maybe, just maybe, they fact was not leaked from the WH or Intel community? Did he release the funds because he got caught in what some called an attempt at quid pro quo or bribery?

Look at what actually happened. Aid was released with no favors given. Was Trump unethical, possibly and probably. Was it impeachable? Hardly.

Bribery doesn’t require the other party to do anything or even accept the bribe.

Whatever happened to those that championed “drain the swamp”? Trump is the most corrupt president we have had since Nixon, and he is quite possibly worse.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Bribery doesn’t require the other party to do anything or even accept the bribe.
    No proof of attempted bribery. Next.

Whatever happened to those that championed “drain the swamp”? Trump is the most corrupt president we have had since Nixon, and he is quite possibly worse.
    I was convinced that Trump was crooked. I voted for him as a vote against Hilliard who I believe is worse. If a decent candidate doesn’t come forward, and as yet has indeed not, I will abstain in 2020.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Clinton and Obama more corrupt. One was too liberal to be held accountable and the other was too black and too liberal to be held accountable.

Looks like now his race may not be enough to prevent his cronys from getting in trouble.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I was convinced that Trump was crooked. I voted for him as a vote against Hilliard who I believe is worse. If a decent candidate doesn’t come forward, and as yet has indeed not, I will abstain in 2020.
    Conversely, I abstained in 2016 but will gladly pull vote for Trump in 2020. Once we have finished investigating the FISA abuse and Russia collusion BS, I want to re-visit the IRS scandal (THAT ONE is so banana republic) and the Fast and Furious scandal of the Obama administration.

The patriot act needs to be repealed.

In his opening statement, Sondland told the committee that he did not wish to work with Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, who was pushing for investigations into Ukraine's role in the 2016 election and Burisma, an energy company whose board included former Vice President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden. But he said he and other officials "played the hand we were dealt" and "followed the President's orders" to work with the former New York City mayor.

"Mr. Giuliani’s requests were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit for President Zelensky" in exchange for "a public statement announcing investigations of the 2016 election/DNC server and Burisma." He also said Giuliani "was expressing the desires of the President of the United States, and we knew that these investigations were important to the President."

Sondland said he came to believe that military aid to Ukraine was suspended "until there was a public statement from Ukraine committing to the investigations."

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

In his opening statement, Sondland told the committee that he did not wish to work with Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, who was pushing for investigations into Ukraine's role in the 2016 election and Burisma, an energy company whose board included former Vice President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden. But he said he and other officials "played the hand we were dealt" and "followed the President's orders" to work with the former New York City mayor.

"Mr. Giuliani’s requests were a quid pro quo for arranging a White House visit for President Zelensky" in exchange for "a public statement announcing investigations of the 2016 election/DNC server and Burisma." He also said Giuliani "was expressing the desires of the President of the United States, and we knew that these investigations were important to the President."

Sondland said he came to believe that military aid to Ukraine was suspended "until there was a public statement from Ukraine committing to the investigations."
    "came to believe" LOL

Let's remember why the former New York City mayor was there to begin with. As Trump's personal defense attorney, he was trying to figure out the origins of the whole Russia collusion Ukraine connection, which is exactly what he should have been doing while Mueller was doing the real quid pro quo thing with his attempts to "flip" so-called witnesses by threatening their very lives with process crimes. Nothing to offer? Off to jail you go. Trump was preparing a defense to whatever BS charges may have been made up and included in the Mueller report (which the dems - and a lot of repubs - wanted to use to impeach the president to return to the status quo where they control everything).

This is still exhaust from the Russian hoax, which will hopefully be resolved with the IG report where the real law breakers will end up in prison. Not holding my breath for that to happen, but I can hope.

Trump 2020 makes it closer to reality.

Ok, Boomer.

Ok, Boomer.
    Sure thing, snowflake.

You are such a group-think lemming.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    "came to believe" LOL

Let's remember why the former New York City mayor was there to begin with. As Trump's personal defense attorney, he was trying to figure out the origins of the whole Russia collusion Ukraine connection, which is exactly what he should have been doing while Mueller was doing the real quid pro quo thing with his attempts to "flip" so-called witnesses by threatening their very lives with process crimes. Nothing to offer? Off to jail you go. Trump was preparing a defense to whatever BS charges may have been made up and included in the Mueller report (which the dems - and a lot of repubs - wanted to use to impeach the president to return to the status quo where they control everything).

This is still exhaust from the Russian hoax, which will hopefully be resolved with the IG report where the real law breakers will end up in prison. Not holding my breath for that to happen, but I can hope.

Trump 2020 makes it closer to reality.
    More baloney. Mueller russian investigation, Clintons emails, fast and furious, Rudy the defense attorney, etc, are completely irrelevant to Trump's behavior in extorting Ukraine to start phony investigations into the fantasy corruption of the Bidens. What is relevant is that Joe Biden is running for President and Trump wanted to create some make believe dirt on him. And he used the Office of the President to concoct and execute a scheme to achieve such a result. That is what the facts show.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The facts show Biden admitting corruption.

+ Reply to Thread