+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: J'Mar Smith GOAT for EllAye Tech?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: J'Mar Smith GOAT for EllAye Tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Don't forget we are all typing these messages on a message board titled, The Blond Bomber Board.

He was pretty good, number one overall draft pick. Four Super Bowl titles. Two Super Bowl MVP's. NFL MVP. Multiple Pro Bowls and All-Pro seasons. Louisiana Tech, College Football and Pro Football Hall of Fames.

In speaking of greatness at Tech the line starts behind Bradshaw for QB's. End of discussion.
    Agreed.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You and the other lemmings keep saying this. What were the other suspension options for your otherwise favorite AD?
    Already posted numerous times.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    Just food for thought but how about a policy for suspending a player for one game for the initial suspension. Then if continued repeated offenses you increase the # of games.
    How do you know they he had not already reached the point of "if continued repeated offenses" and they had already given him a number of passes?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Already posted numerous times.
    I guess I missed it. Since it's such a simple solution please post again. Hopefully you will be able to get the truth from our AD when you guys are rubbing elbows in the Presidential Suite at the Indy Bowl.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

I don't know anything except that the first suspension from actual games was for 2 and not one.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I don't know anything except that the first suspension from actual games was for 2 and not one.
    That's certainly a head scratcher, but it tells me there is a reason other than stupidity or spite.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Just food for thought but how about a policy for suspending a player for one game for the initial suspension. Then if continued repeated offenses you increase the # of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That's certainly a head scratcher, but it tells me there is a reason other than stupidity or spite.
    It's not a head scratcher if that's our policy. If this was truly his second failed test and our policy (which we communicated to the NCAA) was that there was no suspension until the second failed test AND that that failed test results in a 2 game suspension, then we were just following policy.

As it has been explained here, it seems we set the policy and the NCAA makes sure that we're following our policy.

The statements about them giving him multiple chances are confusing to me. I suppose they can have discretion in certain things, but it doesn't seem as though there's much discretion in a failed banned substance test.

If the rumor is true that he opted for the B test, in retrospect, it would've been much better had he sat for UNT and Marshall (unless he could've chosen UNT and UTSA).

There certainly seems to be more cloudiness than clarity in my view, but, that ship has sailed.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Louisiana Tech = QB U. Maybe not, but we have had some good ones come through here. Kickers too (Chris Boniol, Matt Stover, Josh Scobee, Ryan Allen).

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It's not a head scratcher if that's our policy.
    I suppose I should have said IDK instead of it's a head scratcher.

"there's a reason other than stupidity or spite" = policy

Holtz would have told him to begin taking his punishment (miss UNT) when the A test came out positive if he thought it was better for the team. I'm not a fan of Holtz critical decision making skills, but IMO he was flipping a coin at the time. There was still a lot to shake out in the West.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

This is mostly unrelated to this silly thread that started as trolling but got spun into a couple of semi-serious conversations (BB&B man, you just never know), but I was trying to find a list of Tim Rattay's 500+ yard passing games.

Obviously Nebraska '98. I assume USL and ASU of that year. But box scores have been harder to come by than I expected. Anybody know?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    This is mostly unrelated to this silly thread that started as trolling but got spun into a couple of semi-serious conversations
    Wait -- you dont think this thread began in complete earnest?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    What about Cameron? He had a very long string of passes without an interception.
    I had some numbers on Colby too. Just got tired of typing honestly, the more I looked into it the more people I thought would more above Smith so the list was getting long. Almost all of these guys given the same amount of games would have 3000 or so more yards and way more TD's etc. His INT's are the only area where he has a clear lead. I think Smith's completion percentage this year was around 65%, but the two previous years was like 55-57%. So if you make a case for Smith you really have to lean yard on this one season, because 17 and 18 weren't very good for him overall.

Although the way we slung the ball all over during Tim's time, 35 INT's over three years is actually impressive as well. I would take an almost 38 TD to 12 INT ratio every year and say thank you.
    Last edited by DallasDog; 12-12-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

This is mostly unrelated to this silly thread that started as trolling but got spun into a couple of semi-serious conversations (BB&B man, you just never know)
    You can't have the words Smith and GOAT in a thread title, and not have actual facts to dispute it. Other CUSA'ers etc might actually think he is the best we have had.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

This is mostly unrelated to this silly thread that started as trolling but got spun into a couple of semi-serious conversations (BB&B man, you just never know), but I was trying to find a list of Tim Rattay's 500+ yard passing games.

Obviously Nebraska '98. I assume USL and ASU of that year. But box scores have been harder to come by than I expected. Anybody know?

1 Tim Rattay 590 1998 Nebraska
    2 Tim Rattay 561 1999 UCF
    3 Jason Martin 542 1996 Toledo
    4 Tim Rattay 539 1998 Boise State
    5 Tim Rattay 524 1998 UCF
    6 Tim Rattay 510 1997 Central Michigan
    7 Tim Rattay 508 1998 Arkansas State
    Tim Rattay 508 1999 Toledo
    9 Ryan Higgins 504[4] 2016 Middle Tennessee
    10 Ryan Higgins 502[5] 2016 Western Kentucky
    (C-USA Championship Game)

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Wow ... 4 of the top 10 occurred in a single 6-6 season.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    1 Tim Rattay 590 1998 Nebraska
    2 Tim Rattay 561 1999 UCF
    3 Jason Martin 542 1996 Toledo
    4 Tim Rattay 539 1998 Boise State
    5 Tim Rattay 524 1998 UCF
    6 Tim Rattay 510 1997 Central Michigan
    7 Tim Rattay 508 1998 Arkansas State
    Tim Rattay 508 1999 Toledo
    9 Ryan Higgins 504[4] 2016 Middle Tennessee
    10 Ryan Higgins 502[5] 2016 Western Kentucky
    (C-USA Championship Game)
    Thanks. Read an article about how Steve McNair had the most 500+ yard games in a season and I knew Tim had a lot (and I found something that said he had 7, but I couldn't find the games to sort them by season).

On a different note, it's amazing how many of those were losses - I guess when you're down you're more likely to pass more. I guess Texas Tech probably has some 500+ yard passing games that resulted in losses.

+ Reply to Thread