+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Opens Season at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Opens Season at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi

Williams and Armstead are candidates for Best-Hair team.

LeDoux is kind of Boykins 2.0, maybe.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They are in the SLC now. We play all SLC home and home. Make lots of money doing it.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Pretty good production by the local news

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Freshmen Williams and Crawford getting good minutes.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

We have two guys that look like they came straight out of DragonBallZ

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Freshmen Williams and Crawford getting good minutes.
    I love Crawford’s energy. More work on offensive skills but he shows promise to be able to put the ball on the floor and bounce around with his athleticism.

Cobe has a good looking touch on his shots. That’s step back three was in from the moment he decided to take it. Confidence. Shot selection was spotty here and there tonight and against LSU but he looks ready to play good minutes for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    I love Crawford’s energy. More work on offensive skills but he shows promise to be able to put the ball on the floor and bounce around with his athleticism.

Cobe has a good looking touch on his shots. That’s step back three was in from the moment he decided to take it. Confidence. Shot selection was spotty here and there tonight and against LSU but he looks ready to play good minutes for us.
    I agree. Williams plays like he belongs on the court. He in no way appeared lost or overwhelmed to me. That three you mentioned did have some swagger to it. Williams stats showed 13 minutes. Not as much as I thought.

Crawford had 19 minutes. His missed tomahawk dunk attempt from what seemed like 10feet out would have been an ESPN top10 had he been able to finish. It was a pretty violent attack of the goal. Very athletic for 6’6” / 220#s too. Nice change from those 6’6” /180#s guys who we hope to physically transform in time.

Eager to see more games with all these new guys.... LeDoux, Armstead, Gordon, Crawford, Williams.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting to see how minutes will be distributed going forward. If Armstead is going to camp out beyond the 3 point line and mostly fire shots, he needs to hit over 40%. Also, if Archibald can't make plays driving the ball and hit a decent percent or pick up assists, he's probably going to lose some minutes. Defense and rebounding will also be factors. Christon is probably going to be eased back in, but he is also a good shooter/slasher and rebounder. It's a good problem to have. As for the "bigs", I definitely see what yall notice about Crawford. He's going to be splitting time with Pemberton no doubt. LeDoux is as billed--volume scorer. I like the idea of substituting them in waves unless somebody gets in foul trouble. We can play with high energy and fast pace. We basically blew Corpus Christi out of the gym. It's exciting for sure!
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

I knew you would like DFWs Cobe Williams. He's a gamer. Kid is not afraid of anything or anyone.

Also said the pending logjam will cause some rotation/chemistry problems. Once everyone is healthy and the games are more evenly matched...will be interesting to see how coach handles. Hes going to have to relinquish some control, untuck the shirt a little, let the guys play fast and loose...and make some tough decisions.

Maximize the experience of the veterans at the expense of the young/new guys and risk transfers....or sacrifice the older guys and promises made in favor of the young/new players.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I see the "platoon" substitution system as a viable for this squad. It would keep them engaged. Of course, he could tweak it at times related to foul trouble or match-ups.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I see the "platoon" substitution system as a viable for this squad. It would keep them engaged. Of course, he could tweak it at times related to foul trouble or match-ups.
    I think you may be right. Plus it seems this team likes one another. So that would help keep the harmony. Last 10 minutes you go with who's playing best or whatever matchups make most sense.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    It will be interesting to see how minutes will be distributed going forward. If Armstead is going to camp out beyond the 3 point line and mostly fire shots, he needs to hit over 40%. Also, if Archibald can't make plays driving the ball and hit a decent percent or pick up assists, he's probably going to lose some minutes. Defense and rebounding will also be factors. Christon is probably going to be eased back in, but he is also a good shooter/slasher and rebounder. It's a good problem to have. As for the "bigs", I definitely see what yall notice about Crawford. He's going to be splitting time with Pemberton no doubt. LeDoux is as billed--volume scorer. I like the idea of substituting them in waves unless somebody gets in foul trouble. We can play with high energy and fast pace. We basically blew Corpus Christi out of the gym. It's exciting for sure!
    I have been to several practices and scrimmages recently and yet to see Christon step on the floor. I hope he gets released soon but I have my doubts. All he is doing right now is dribbling on the sideline at practice, nothing else. We really missed him last season and he would be a great addition to this team if and when he gets cleared.

We really missed Thomas vs LSU and I can’t wait to see him. I think he is primed for a great year.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Gooddawg, Is Exavian Christon still out due to the injury from last year? I thought he was ready to play this year, but I guess not.

His bio shows why we need him back:
    Played and started in the first seven games of the season before missing the last 26 games due to a medical injury ... Was leading the team in scoring average (12.0), three-point field goal percentage (41 percent) and free throw percentage (81 percent) at the time of the injury

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Vandy beat this team by 5 at home.

Idk how good Vandy is, but that’s fairly promising.

+ Reply to Thread