+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CBBS Ranks Tech in Top 25

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: CBBS Ranks Tech in Top 25

I said last night that win was a blow to any chance we had. I wonder what would happen at the end of the regular season if App State was ranked just ahead of us, with both of us having a conference championship to play? You know they’ll be playing ULL. ULL fans would be pulling for their own team to lose so we wouldn’t get in

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I said last night that win was a blow to any chance we had. I wonder what would happen at the end of the regular season if App State was ranked just ahead of us, with both of us having a conference championship to play? You know they’ll be playing ULL. ULL fans would be pulling for their own team to lose so we wouldn’t get in
    They are taking care of business with one slip up.

We have four games left with two on the road. I think we have all the tools to win three (and the 4th in Ruston) which will have us as close as possible and we will have done all we can do.

Special teams continue to be bad for us going on 7 years of Holtz. They have not cost us a game yet. Hopefully they won't, but our punt return and punting is just horrible. Kick return is also bad.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You are using a "close" analogy? How does that apply to App State's two great wins and one bad loss? Nobody is denying the loss was a bad one.

Did you watch them dominate USC last night?
    No, you did. IF they didn’t lose to GSU was your call.

Yes, I saw their “great” wins against bad teams.

A terrible loss mid-season should have kept them out longer.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

If we win out AND:

Cincinnati loses one and then wins the AAC championship game.
    App State loses any game.
    Boise State loses any game.

I think we'll be the highest ranked G5 champion.
    Last edited by boxerdog; 11-10-2019 at 08:58 PM. Reason: wrote Minnesota and meant Cincinnati
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

They are taking care of business with one slip up.

We have four games left with two on the road. I think we have all the tools to win three (and the 4th in Ruston) which will have us as close as possible and we will have done all we can do.

Special teams continue to be bad for us going on 7 years of Holtz. They have not cost us a game yet. Hopefully they won't, but our punt return and punting is just horrible. Kick return is also bad.
    Bad ST sure aided the blowout in Austin.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    No, you did. IF they didn’t lose to GSU was your call.

Yes, I saw their “great” wins against bad teams.

A terrible loss mid-season should have kept them out longer.
    I was making an observation.

They've done something that Holtz has never done at Tech. They've done it several times.

"should have kept them out longer" ?? They won a second game they were expected to lose which re-gained them the respect they earned by beating the first "bad P5 team".

Holtz couldn't even beat G5 teams to keep us in the running in 2014, much less an SEC team on the road.

And as bad as South Carolina is, they did beat Georgia this year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I was making an observation.

They've done something that Holtz has never done at Tech. They've done it several times.

"should have kept them out longer" ?? They won a second game they were expected to lose which re-gained them the respect they earned by beating the first "bad P5 team".

Holtz couldn't even beat G5 teams to keep us in the running in 2014, much less an SEC team on the road.
    WTH does that have to do with anything? USC won’t be bowling this year. UNC may not either. These are “great” wins? Give me a break.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    WTH does that have to do with anything? USC won’t be bowling this year. UNC may not either. These are “great” wins? Give me a break.
    Dude, those two wins are better than any of our wins. If they win out they will, and should be, ranked ahead of us.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Credit to latechsportsreport.com for first posting this. In the 25 votes for Tech in the AP, neither Louisiana sports writers, Brooks Kubena @ Baton Rouge Advocate or Garland Gillen @ WVUE Fox 8 in New Orleans gave any vote to Tech. Disrespect in my opinion. I sincerely hope Tech runs the rest of the table.

If you want to contact either writer:
    Brooks Kubena / bkubena@theadvocate.com / bkubena
    Garland Gillen / garland@fox8live.com / garlandgillen

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    And as bad as South Carolina is, they did beat Georgia this year.
    Georgia slipped up big time. Terrible loss.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas Morning News has Tech at 23rd!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottBell....9211%2Fpage-7

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Appy St has a loss to a Sunbelt team )GA Southern) that's 5-4, including a loss to ULL. That hardly qualifies as Top 25 material.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Dallas Morning News has Tech at 23rd!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottBell....9211%2Fpage-7
    Here's the Dallas Morning News guy defending his position n LA Tech:

Greg Kelminson

@GK314

·
    12h

Replying to @ScottBellDMN

You know LA Tech got destroyed by Texas right?

Scott Bell

@ScottBellDMN

·
    12h

That’s why La Tech is at the end of my one-loss teams and a big reason why Texas got the nod as my only ranked 3-loss team. But I think LaTech is worthy of being ranked, poor opener notwithstanding. An 8-game win streak is notable, even if they’re not the sexiest wins.

If we win out, and win the championship, I like our chances.

+ Reply to Thread