+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CBBS Ranks Tech in Top 25

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Re: CBBS Ranks Tech in Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They are taking care of business with one slip up.
    Taking care of business? They lost to a Sunbelt team. We have never lost to a Sunbelt team. In fact, our only loss is to top 25 P5 team.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I won’t complain until we get to 10 wins. If we reach 10-1, at that point we would have 3 wins over teams with winning records. USM winning out should boost us as well.

Lets beat Marshall.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Just went and looked at all the contenders remaining schedules. Without a miracle, the winner of the Cinci/Memphis game will be going to the Cotton Bowl. Both teams are ranked in the teens, and the winner gets a ranked victory. Will be hard to overcome that unless they both lose before that game which doesn’t look likely.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Credit to latechsportsreport.com for first posting this. In the 25 votes for Tech in the AP, neither Louisiana sports writers, Brooks Kubena @ Baton Rouge Advocate or Garland Gillen @ WVUE Fox 8 in New Orleans gave any vote to Tech. Disrespect in my opinion. I sincerely hope Tech runs the rest of the table.

If you want to contact either writer:
    Brooks Kubena / bkubena@theadvocate.com / bkubena
    Garland Gillen / garland@fox8live.com / garlandgillen
    That's actually part of our SID's job...to inform fans and encourage them to contact voters.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Taking care of business? They lost to a Sunbelt team. We have never lost to a Sunbelt team. In fact, our only loss is to top 25 P5 team.
    The bad loss has been acknowledged many times. Holtz has never beaten a P5 team on the road. He's also had several bad losses to conference mates. Let's see how he finishes this year with only one team favored on the remaining schedule. If he does this, we'll finish in the top 25. It's that simple.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    If they win out they will, and should be, ranked ahead of us.
    Well, you’re wrong, but even if you were right, comparing them to us is no defense of them being in the Top 25.

I can’t tell if y’all are hot and bothered over the P5 or the Sunbelt. Either way, you need an antibiotic.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Thank you

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Tulane and ULL are ranked significantly higher that LaTech in the Massey and SP+ rankings. Our SOS is killing us with the voters that have not seen this team play the last few weeks. I doubt either guy has watched a tech game the last 30 days - they are simply looking at a composite of ratings and rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Credit to latechsportsreport.com for first posting this. In the 25 votes for Tech in the AP, neither Louisiana sports writers, Brooks Kubena @ Baton Rouge Advocate or Garland Gillen @ WVUE Fox 8 in New Orleans gave any vote to Tech. Disrespect in my opinion. I sincerely hope Tech runs the rest of the table.

If you want to contact either writer:
    Brooks Kubena / bkubena@theadvocate.com / bkubena
    Garland Gillen / garland@fox8live.com / garlandgillen

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Just went and looked at all the contenders remaining schedules. Without a miracle, the winner of the Cinci/Memphis game will be going to the Cotton Bowl. Both teams are ranked in the teens, and the winner gets a ranked victory. Will be hard to overcome that unless they both lose before that game which doesn’t look likely.
    In the past 2 weeks both of them barely survived major upsets. Cincy still has Temple and USF to contend with. Since beating Houston a month ago the Bearcats have looked very ordinary. Memphis has Houston and USF before they play Cincy. Also, keep in mind the 2 are in different divisions. In addition, Navy still has to deal with Notre Dame. SMU still has Tulane and Navy.

In the Belt, App State still has Troy and Georgia State (who has an injured QB). In the Mountain West, Boise looked very ordinary and needed officiating help to beat Wyoming on Saturday. They still have Utah State and have to travel to Colorado State, a team that's won 3 in a row and is playing really good football.

All that said, it's college football. Played by 18 to 23 year olds. The craziness that comes up within a program that most of us never hear about in any given season in amazing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Appy State is good. I won't try to convince you "we are better than the Belch, screw the facts" types. Top to bottom the Belch is having a better year than CUSA. Just look at the OOC records. CUSA is a whopping 1-19 vs P5s...Hooray for WKU's big win over Ark!

On the flip side CUSA is 2-1 vs. the Belch this year, so we have that going for us!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Well, you’re wrong, but even if you were right, comparing them to us is no defense of them being in the Top 25.

I can’t tell if y’all are hot and bothered over the P5 or the Sunbelt. Either way, you need an antibiotic.
    I concur. I'm not sure what this love fest for the Sunbelt/Appy St is all about. I watched the entire Appy St/GA Southern game, and I was NOT impressed with Appy at all. I'm not sure why everyone else is.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I concur. I'm not sure what this love fest for the Sunbelt/Appy St is all about. I watched the entire Appy St/GA Southern game, and I was NOT impressed with Appy at all. I'm not sure why everyone else is.
    Did you watch their games against North Carolina and South Carolina? How about Tech’s games against Grambling and Rice, did you watch those? It’s easy to cherry pick.

I’m not saying they’re better than Tech. I’m saying if they win out their body of work will be better than ours, and I think the polls will agree.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Did you watch their games against North Carolina and South Carolina? How about Tech’s games against Grambling and Rice, did you watch those? It’s easy to cherry pick.

I’m not saying they’re better than Tech. I’m saying if they win out their body of work will be better than ours, and I think the polls will agree.
    I don't agree. As far as I'm concerned, GA Southern (5-4) was a season killing bad loss for them. And it didn't come in Week 1, 2 or 3 of a season. It was only a couple of weeks ago.

Okay, so Appy beat a bad North Carolina (4-5) team, and an even worse South Carolina (3-6) team. Big whoop. Are you kidding me? Both of those teams suck. Both are very beatable P5's this year. USC is almost guaranteed to finish this season with a 3-8 record. USC fans just want the season to be over. And if North Carolina gets to 6 wins this season, its only because they play the mighty Mercer Bears (4-6) on Nov 23rd. That's right, MERCER! Somebody that I didn't even know had a football team.

If you want to congratulate somebody at Appy St, congratulate their AD. He certainly hit a home run by scheduling all these losers in 2019.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Has the Sun Belt won 3 P5 games? These two and Tennessee? Tennessee is the best win, they’ve grown a bit since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Has the Sun Belt won 3 P5 games? These two and Tennessee? Tennessee is the best win, they’ve grown a bit since then.
    What this shows, is that our AD really needs to do a better job of scheduling, like Appy's AD does. And I don't mean lining us up against LSU, or Alabama, or Texas, Clemson or Ohio St. I'm talking about us playing some of these very beatable P5's, like Appy does. Why is WKU playing Arkansas in Nov of 2019, and LA Tech isn't? Why did UNT get to play Arkansas in 2018, and LA Tech didn't?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Appy State is good. I won't try to convince you "we are better than the Belch, screw the facts" types. Top to bottom the Belch is having a better year than CUSA. Just look at the OOC records. CUSA is a whopping 1-19 vs P5s...Hooray for WKU's big win over Ark!

On the flip side CUSA is 2-1 vs. the Belch this year, so we have that going for us!
    I understand what you're saying. But I also know the difference is largely the fact CUSA is a 14-team league with 4 teams at the bottom of the league who have struggled each of the past couple of seasons. Over the past 5 seasons when we've gotten bowl time CUSA has performed well.

Our top 6 to 7 teams are certainly better than the Belt's top 6 or 7. You don't see it as well in computer rankings where margin of victory matters, because we have coaches like Holtz or Doc Holliday, or even Kiffin this year, who try to win by grinding it out and protecting the football if they can. Old school football. But you do see it when you actually watch the teams play.

There are 5 teams in CUSA right now - FAU, WKU, Marshall, USM, and Tech who are as good or better than the Belt's top 2 teams - App. State and ULL. We have another 2 teams - UAB and North Texas (when Fine is healthy) who are as good or better than any team in the Belt outside of those top 2.

+ Reply to Thread