+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Attendance

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Homecoming Attendance

Any Tech fan from this state or region who still lives here will agree that most of their FB "friends" feel the need to update their status regarding the huge win by lsu. Amazing that 75% of these weak human sports fans never attended lsu. Most have degrees from or attended other schools. The common theme seems to be disgust in the way Gary Danielson calls the games. How long have they been watching that dumb ass call games? Have they heard about listening to to the lsu PBP while watching on TV? Stupid is as stupid does.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

I thought Tech had a good crowd compared to attendance the last couple of years. Good vibe at the tailgates and watching the band in Bulldog Village pregame.

I love Tech and LSU. Graduated from both schools.

Attended the Tech game, avoided all phone contact and the Tech scoreboard for other scores. Went home after the Tech BIG WIN and watched LSU on DVR beat Bama.

What a great day of football.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I will say--in defense of students and faculty--that scheduling Homecoming the week before finals was a STUPID idea. I'm not sure which administrator thought this date was good.
    Why is that? Why is scheduling Homecoming the week before finals a bad idea? Seems to me some of you guys just like to make excuses for everything.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I drove down to DC yesterday to meet with one of my family members who I haven’t seen for 9 years. She is here for veteran reunion tomorrow. After our hugs and family talk, she asked if I knew that LSU beat Bama. I told her that I only care about Tech (less now than before). She was surprised and said LSU is the university of Louisiana and we all should support LSU.
    She got her master from Tech by the way.
    She introduced Tech to me when I was looking for college back in 99.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    I drove down to DC yesterday to meet with one of my family members who I haven’t seen for 9 years. She is here for veteran reunion tomorrow. After our hugs and family talk, she asked if I knew that LSU beat Bama. I told her that I only care about Tech (less now than before). She was surprised and said LSU is the university of Louisiana and we all should support LSU.
    The corn dog smell is wretched this morning in North La....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Never smelled it like this. 75% of these people have never stepped foot in Tiger Stadium. MILLIONS of dollars from Tech attendees never see Tech, but go to lsu instead.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Me neither...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Me three. I had to get off of Facebook. I couldn't take the Corndogs.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Could our professors offer bonus points? Send a picture of you and the scoreboard in the 4th quarter. For every game you attend, you get a point added to your final grade. Or, if you attend all home games and provide a picture, you get 10 points added to you final exam? Just trying to think of something non monetary. Students buy concessions just like the west side folks. We would make money.

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why is that? Why is scheduling Homecoming the week before finals a bad idea? Seems to me some of you guys just like to make excuses for everything.
    This may come as a shock, but some students actually prioritize academics and need to write papers, finish projects, and study for exams the weekend before finals. I’m not making excuses. I’m just stating a fact: Homecoming should have been earlier in the quarter, not the weekend before finals.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    No doubt. I love jerking their chains.

Alabama gave away the game in the 1st half with mistakes. LSU will have to beat them again. Those two comments seem to work the best. One is factual, the other highly probable.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Any Tech fan from this state or region who still lives here will agree that most of their FB "friends" feel the need to update their status regarding the huge win by lsu. Amazing that 75% of these weak human sports fans never attended lsu. Most have degrees from or attended other schools. The common theme seems to be disgust in the way Gary Danielson calls the games. How long have they been watching that dumb ass call games? Have they heard about listening to to the lsu PBP while watching on TV? Stupid is as stupid does.
    I think Danielson is pretty good. I liked it better when Verne was PBP, but Nantz(?) is pretty good, also. I'm curious to know 3 things you like - and I will spot you TAGS.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. I would think finals week would mean more students would stay in Ruston (access to library, etc.) for the weekend and what a great way to take a study break.

A 100 years ago when I was a student, finals week was just another week as finals were not comprehensive, primarily. Granted, there were more tests, but on the quarter system with semester hours all tests typically fell within a week or two of each other. Is it different now?

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Cajuns would find that distressing. Only thing I agree with them about, i.e., that LSU is the state university (please don't confuse that with the UL nonsense). When I am told that I say most schools in La. are state universities. Many don't understand that. Don't put me in a foxhole with one that supports another school over their alma mater.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    I love Tech and LSU. Graduated from both schools.
    That's acceptable. You get a pass

+ Reply to Thread