+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Marshall favored

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Re: Marshall favored

A big "thanks!" to La Tech Sports Report for putting that clip together of all Allen's throws! He has shown the ability to move the ball and throw the ball down the field. One of his best throws was at Bowling Green when he successfully got a first down on third and 13. His pass was on the money to Malik Stanley right at the first down marker.

I am actually optimistic thinking about how Allen has been getting first team reps this week at practice. Hopefully he's going into tonight's game feeling prepared.

And I agree with the sentiment that we might hold Marshall's offense to 21 points or less. I am thinking we win this 30-20.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This is a blessing. With stale old Smith playing we would have lost tonight for sure. Now, no one knows how the team will react, but I'm counting on the guys circling the wagons and rallying around each other. I hate we don't have Jackson...his is the biggest loss of the three...but I am optimistic the D will play lights out and we'll do enough on offense (probably better) and win this thing.

GO DAWGS!

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

#46 is better than #10 IMHO.....Faster, longer, broader skillset, as good tackling, better in coverage..........Based on my observation SINCE CAMP.....#6 has been a detriment....

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    You are right. Why would a coach advertise a change? That wouldn't make sense at all. To claim this is Holtz' fault is ludicrous.
    Holtz’s Rock star. 100% on Holtz for bad judgement in picking QB’s.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    #46 is better than #10 IMHO.....Faster, longer, broader skillset, as good tackling, better in coverage..........Based on my observation SINCE CAMP.....#6 has been a detriment....
    Has Jackson even played the past two games? He didn’t record any tackles or stats if he did. Last stats I saw were for USM game. I agree with you we are fine with Barnett.

Also agree with many that pointed it out WR depth makes up for Hardy.

Big question mark is Allen, but I am excited to see him play. Biggest game of the year? So be it. Let’s keep rolling to 13-1. I think we are still in good shape.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I was gonna play football but then I got high
    I was gonna win the conference too, until I got high
    Now my senior year is all messed up and I don’t know why...
    Cause I got high
    Because I got high
    Because I got high

Now it’s up to QB2 cause I got high
    He’ll have to do it without Hardy too, because we got high
    Now Tech fans will see my true colors and they know they ain’t blue
    Cause I got high
    Because we got high
    Because we got high
    Lolly dot dot dot dah!

Everybody now!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

The question is, with no real #3 QB, will HCSH allow AA to run the ball at will and on designed plays since we practically have no backup? We need the QB to be able to run on designed plays and pull back or down and run with it when necessary.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

He hasn't ever shown any intention of playing AA unless J'Mar was carried off on a stretcher. He has coached like we only have one QB on the roster the last couple of year anyway. So run it all and try to win out, and let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully AA will be great and durable.

If HCSH decides to turtle back into his old playing calling shell, we are screwed no matter who is behind center.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Bold prediction.....

After he settles in, which may take a few series, Stanley, and Graham will each have 5 catches, Smoke will have 2, Hebert will have 4, and Powell(is he playing or injured?) will have 3. Between that an a few screens to running backs. AA goes over 300 and has 2 TD passes.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Bold prediction.....

After he settles in, which may take a few series, Stanley, and Graham will each have 5 catches, Smoke will have 2, Hebert will have 4, and Powell(is he playing or injured?) will have 3. Between that an a few screens to running backs. AA goes over 300 and has 2 TD passes.
    I see you’ve been hanging with J’Mar.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I see you’ve been hanging with J’Mar.
    I am the hopeless optimist in spite of my sarcasm here. I was praying I would be right, but I wasn’t holding my breath.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    The skills are there. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do the next two games, and possibly beyond this season.
    Really? I didn't see great QB skills last night. I was surprisingly disappointed. And I'm not talking about the final score. As much as I appreciate the "deer in the headlights" look --and the impossible situation AA was put in by a very selfish teammate-- I just didn't see the skills I hoped to see last night. Here's what I saw:

- A weaker than expected arm. He threw too many passes too short and too late.
    - A passer who finished the night with a QB rating of 30.1
    - A surprisingly poor running QB who finished the night with 5 carries for -4 yds
    - A QB who fumbled an ordinary hand off to Henderson
    - A QB who averaged only 5 yds per completion. (Without the "down field" pass threat, MU's DB's crowded the LOS, which made things much tougher for our run game)
    - A QB who made some poor decisions (e.g., Intentional Grounding call, calling unnecessary timeout when Holtz didn't want it, etc.)
    - I don't know what happened on the fumbled snap, but there's THAT

I'm NOT blaming AA for this loss., I'm just trying to evaluate his skills that you made reference to. He was put in an almost impossible situation, and I said it before the game. This was NOT his fault. But it WAS his opportunity. And he just didn't impress much. I know Marshall's defense is far better than an average. Also, in an effort to protect the football, I'm sure Holtz probably wouldn't let AA pass further than about 10 YDS down field. That's why we saw so many screens. (But defenses eventually catch on.) I expected a better performance with AA being surrounded by so many good, experienced teammates.

To beat UAB, AA is going to have to play much better than this.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This is a blessing. With stale old Smith playing we would have lost tonight for sure. Now, no one knows how the team will react, but I'm counting on the guys circling the wagons and rallying around each other. I hate we don't have Jackson...his is the biggest loss of the three...but I am optimistic the D will play lights out and we'll do enough on offense (probably better) and win this thing.

GO DAWGS!
    Okay...so I was overly optimistic. Won't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Really? I didn't see great QB skills last night. I was surprisingly disappointed. And I'm not talking about the final score. As much as I appreciate the "deer in the headlights" look --and the impossible situation AA was put in by a very selfish teammate-- I just didn't see the skills I hoped to see last night. Here's what I saw:

- A weaker than expected arm. He threw too many passes too short and too late.
    - A passer who finished the night with a QB rating of 30.1
    - A surprisingly poor running QB who finished the night with 5 carries for -4 yds
    - A QB who fumbled an ordinary hand off to Henderson
    - A QB who averaged only 5 yds per completion. (Without the "down field" pass threat, MU's DB's crowded the LOS, which made things much tougher for our run game)
    - A QB who made some poor decisions (e.g., Intentional Grounding call, calling unnecessary timeout when Holtz didn't want it, etc.)
    - I don't know what happened on the fumbled snap, but there's THAT

I'm NOT blaming AA for this loss., I'm just trying to evaluate his skills that you made reference to. He was put in an almost impossible situation, and I said it before the game. This was NOT his fault. But it WAS his opportunity. And he just didn't impress much. I know Marshall's defense is far better than an average. Also, in an effort to protect the football, I'm sure Holtz probably wouldn't let AA pass further than about 10 YDS down field. That's why we saw so many screens. (But defenses eventually catch on.) I expected a better performance with AA being surrounded by so many good, experienced teammates.

To beat UAB, AA is going to have to play much better than this.

Agreed. Allen is no Division I QB. Now, we're probably looking at 3 years of "Smith, the Sequel."

+ Reply to Thread