+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshall favored

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Marshall favored

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    That hurdle was amazing. Watched the replay just to see it again. Posterized that NT player. Hype video material. His runs in the middle were punishing knocking defenders back.

Someone on the radio said it looked like we were playing a high school team at one point.
    So happy to see Henderson emerge as our RB1. Dude is a beast.

I was sitting behind the team on the 50 yd line and got to see Boston Scott congratulate Justin on the first TD run. Boston is a big fan of Henderson.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

This year team is probably the most balanced team that we have in the last 10 years.
    We have player makers on both offense and defense.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    So happy to see Henderson emerge as our RB1. Dude is a beast.

I was sitting behind the team on the 50 yd line and got to see Boston Scott congratulate Justin on the first TD run. Boston is a big fan of Henderson.
    .....there's no doubt that LA Tech's improved play mirrors the successful emergence of Justin Henderson this season. We started the year with Jaqwis Dancy at the RB1 slot. Henderson only had 5 carries for 18 yds against Texas and 8 carries for 25 yds against Grambling. But everything changed the following week when Henderson ran for 95 yds on only 9 carries against Bowling Green. Tech started increasing Henderson's work load after that. And Tech's play has gotten steadily better ever since.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    IMO, the health of this team is due to more to having two open dates in in the last 4 weeks rather than the same conditioning we've had for the past 7 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammell View Post
    More likely to me the effect of Hester working with many of these athletes for many years. J'Mar has shown exceptional strength in escaping some sacks. Also, I have never seen one of our running backs that could both run over someone and hurdle someone. That is awesome athletic ability that they didn't show coming out of high school or we wouldn't have got them.
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Henderson is in his 2nd year here and is 23 years old. You think our S&C coach got him this strong in 2 years?

I know many of our fans think our S&C coach is great. They were quiet in years when our players were dropping like flies in the last 4 games. If he was a great S&C guy he'd have been hired away long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think Hester is somewhere between S&C god and average college S&C guy. I don’t care who taught him or how he learned it, but watching Henderson hurdle a guy on one play and then completely truck somebody later was awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Do you think a coach can improve over time just as much as a player can? I'm not sure if that is the case in this instance, but I do believe a coach can improve.

I could train for 2 years and see very little improvement, but with the proper training, I could see marked improvement in 6 months. Hell, if I didn't workout at all and started today, I'd be a totally different person in 6 months with proper training.
    Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    That hurdle was amazing. Watched the replay just to see it again. Posterized that NT player. Hype video material. His runs in the middle were punishing knocking defenders back.

Someone on the radio said it looked like we were playing a high school team at one point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammell View Post
    More likely to me the effect of Hester working with many of these athletes for many years. J'Mar has shown exceptional strength in escaping some sacks. Also, I have never seen one of our running backs that could both run over someone and hurdle someone. That is awesome athletic ability that they didn't show coming out of high school or we wouldn't have got them.
    I also think it's about strength and conditioning and therefore all about Hester. Hester is the reason as well as our player’s commitment to his program. And our players love him as does HCSH and the coaching staff. They are "all in" and it shows. Period!

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I also think it's about strength and conditioning and therefore all about Hester. Hester is the reason as well as our player’s commitment to his program. And our players love him as does HCSH and the coaching staff. They are "all in" and it shows. Period!
    S&C can be a complicated science. It can have both positive and negative impacts on injury prevention and recovery. I think it might show more of it’s worth or failure in the occurrences of non-contact injuries.
    But in football, I think luck and bad luck have just as much of an impact with all the contact, speed, and size of players. We have been lucky to avoid those freak major injuries.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Seems to me that the occurrences of concussions have gone down lately. I am not aware of any concussions with our team this year, at least with the regular starters. I do believe we have caused a few on some opponents.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

I really like our chances against Marshall and I think it will be a very competitive game. But for all those that think this is going to be more of a cake walk than a competition, consider these outside influences:

1. This is a short week for us because of the Friday night game.
    2. Marshall had a bye week and has been planning for this game for 13 days.
    3. This is Marshall's '75' game, which honors the 1970 team that died in the plane crash (they call it the '75' game because 75 people died in the crash).
    4. This is finals week for Tech, so players are also juggling taking finals with the short week and the travel.

I totally believe we can overcome these obstacles and still win, but all of this will make it a more competitive game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I really like our chances against Marshall and I think it will be a very competitive game. But for all those that think this is going to be more of a cake walk than a competition, consider these outside influences:

1. This is a short week for us because of the Friday night game.
    2. Marshall had a bye week and has been planning for this game for 13 days.
    3. This is Marshall's '75' game, which honors the 1970 team that died in the plane crash (they call it the '75' game because 75 people died in the crash).
    4. This is finals week for Tech, so players are also juggling taking finals with the short week and the travel.

I totally believe we can overcome these obstacles and still win, but all of this will make it a more competitive game.
    Looks like a list of excuses to me.

- After steamrolling UNT in only 3 quarters, our guys should be well rested this week.
    - All that plane crash stuff from 1970 is stuff Marshall needs to be concerned with, not our guys.
    - As previously mentioned, the 2.5 hour plane travel across 1 time zone is short, compared to our old WAC days when we consistently traveled across 2 or 3 time zones on flights to California, Idaho, Nevada, Utah and Hawaii.
    - Regarding finals week for Tech, well.....it is college. But I suspect most of our guys save the Calculus, Statistics and Quantum Physics courses for the off-season.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

This is a tough one for the Dawgs. Marshall has had one "oof" game this year in the loss to Middle Tennessee, 24-13 on the road. Otherwise the Thundering Herd have been solid across the board. They lost an early match-up against nationally ranked Boise, in Boise by 7, and they were clobbered by nationally ranked Cincinnati. Other than that, they have been good. Marshall also has an impressive road win at FAU.

We don't have an impressive road win yet, so if the 2019 Dawgs want recognition and the trophy for a CUSA title, this game is the litmus test. The back to back road contests of Marshall and UAB will honestly show us what type of team we have this year. Things have been smooth for a month now, but we aren't too far removed from struggling against the likes of Rice and Grambling. I think we've turned the page, and I think the defense and offense are clicking well. This short week-cross country trip against perennial CUSA top "dog" Marshall will be a major test and gauge for us.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Seems to me that the occurrences of concussions have gone down lately. I am not aware of any concussions with our team this year, at least with the regular starters. I do believe we have caused a few on some opponents.
    Dante - 92 was a concussion.....Not to disagree just never saw it stated anywhere...He should be back...

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    We've played well at home, but I still think Holtz teams play better on the road. Win this one and it's all down hill from here.
    I agree, and I would love to know why. Maybe I will pose that question to Skip next Monday night @ 6pm when he and Teddy have their radio show. I just hope this trend stays in effect the next two games!

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I really like our chances against Marshall and I think it will be a very competitive game. But for all those that think this is going to be more of a cake walk than a competition
    Add to the list it will be 30 degrees @ kickoff.

In the nine years of current coach, Doc Holliday's, tenure, Marshall has not lost a "75" game. While it's not a big deal to us, know that their guys will be playing with a lot of emotion and pride. Which can be a difference maker.

Local article: https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports...1bfe1a196.html

Excerpts:
    Quarterback Isaiah Green, who played in his first ‘75’ game as a freshman last season, said there is a definite difference in the atmosphere surrounding the annual game.

“It just feels like there’s an extra spirit out there with us — an invisible 12th player on the field,” Green said. “That’s how it feels and how I would describe the feeling playing in this game.”

“There’s a lot of things that line up in this game,” Holliday said. “We know what the reason is.”

Everything from the game-day preparation to the game-day attire — black jerseys and pants and a helmet that has the 1970 logo on one side and ‘75’ emblem on the other — is dedicated to the memory of those lost.

The emphasis placed on the game by Holliday has also translated to the field. In Holliday’s previous nine ‘75’ contests at Joan C. Edwards Stadium, Marshall has not suffered defeat.

“They love to play in this game,” Holliday said. “It’s the only time you put that black jersey on, the only time you put that ‘75’ on your helmet. When you do that, you strap it up a little tighter, prepare a little harder and get ready to go play a great game. You feel the responsibility you have as a coach and a player to uphold the standard that is expected.”

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Holtz closed practice this week. Has he ever done that before?

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Our players will be extra motivated to win this game: win it and they won’t have to come back there to play in the cold for the CCG.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I’m interested to see how much the line moves toward Marshall the next two days, or will it be taken down altogether?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread