+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/15 @Marshall Game (Friday Night)

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/15 @Marshall Game (Friday Night)

We had to suffer 3 years of shitty quarter back plays with Jmar - just when we supposed to enjoy his development he blew it all up.
    Skippy needs to be held accountable for this.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    We had to suffer 3 years of shitty quarter back plays with Jmar - just when we supposed to enjoy his development he blew it all up.
    I see what you did there.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Maybe when all the smoke clears Allen will prove to be the QB we truly need!!

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Allen looked good when he played earlier this season. Of course, it was mop up against a beaten team. But he looked promising.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

A couple of takes:

1. I agree that Jmar should be done. After all Skip has done for him, to do this shit is unacceptable. I don't know that I would kick him off the team, but he definitely needs to ride the bench. I don't think that should depend on how Allen plays, either. If Allen plays great, then its an easier decision. If he struggles a bit, its a more difficult decision. We only have 4 guaranteed games left, so in theory we could play the freshman as well, if necessary. Rumor is, the other guys have had multiple (3 plus) positives, if that is true they should definitely be gone.

2. I am actually less concerned about AA's ability than I am Skip's propensity to "shut it down", run the f'ing offense. Prior to this, I was lamenting the fact that Skip has really played JMar later in a couple of games than he should have. AA should have another 40 or 50 snaps and at this point, that would have helped.

I realize that kids make mistakes, and the crime isn't as much of a crime as it used to be. However, he has let his coach, his family, his team, his university, Tech fans, and himself down, and possibly cost the University millions.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Man, nothing from Tech hyping it's another game week via social media. No travel pics, no videos, no graphics (other than the uniform combo).

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    A couple of takes:

2. I am actually less concerned about AA's ability than I am Skip's propensity to "shut it down", run the f'ing offense. Prior to this, I was lamenting the fact that Skip has really played JMar later in a couple of games than he should have. AA should have another 40 or 50 snaps and at this point, that would have helped.

I agree with everything you said, but especially this.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, it’s Tim Rattay’s fault.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Man, nothing from Tech hyping it's another game week via social media. No travel pics, no videos, no graphics (other than the uniform combo).
    They posted a video 13 hours ago.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone confirm......

Did Allen find out he would be starting before the end of last week? I heard the positive test was last week and apparently we played JMar and Hardy against UNT because we hadn’t had time to prep Allen at that point.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post

Did Allen find out he would be starting before the end of last week? I heard the positive test was last week and apparently we played JMar and Hardy against UNT because we hadn’t had time to prep Allen at that point.
    If you follow Allen's twitter, you can read into a few of the posts. He seems to have known for a while. Not sure if it's been since last week, but you can tell he knew early.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

A couple of takes:

1. I agree that Jmar should be done. After all Skip has done for him, to do this shit is unacceptable. I don't know that I would kick him off the team, but he definitely needs to ride the bench. I don't think that should depend on how Allen plays, either. If Allen plays great, then its an easier decision. If he struggles a bit, its a more difficult decision. We only have 4 guaranteed games left, so in theory we could play the freshman as well, if necessary. Rumor is, the other guys have had multiple (3 plus) positives, if that is true they should definitely be gone.

Would those 3 plus be for the season or during their entire career?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post

Hopefully they played because there was some type of appeals process, and not because Allen wasn't ready.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I realize that kids make mistakes, and the crime isn't as much of a crime as it used to be. However, he has let his coach, his family, his team, his university, Tech fans, and himself down, and possibly cost the University millions.
    I don't care about the nature of the crime itself, not a bit.

Rules, however, are rules. You broke a rule, intentionally, that you KNEW would have this consequence. And you did it anyway.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You broke a rule, intentionally, that you KNEW would have this consequence.
    Not exactly. I'm sure there are numerous players that smoke (in all sports) and never get caught. It's a gamble, but it's not like everyone is tested all the time. I drive 5 over because I feel like the odds are pretty good that I won't get a ticket. Not sure this is much different.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread