+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smith finally lived up to the nickname “Rockstar”

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Smith finally lived up to the nickname “Rockstar”

I don’t want to hear the following BS:

He is just a kid.

He is a fifth-year senior who was given the keys to the Tech offense and allowed to stay in neutral for most of his career. Tech won in spite of him for most of his career.

I hope that the nonsense of comparing him to the great quarterbacks at Tech is over.

What a damn joke.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Smith finally lived up to the nickname “Rockstar”

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I don’t want to hear the following BS:

He is just a kid.

He is a fifth-year senior who was given the keys to the Tech offense and allowed to stay in neutral for most of his career. Tech won in spite of him for most of his career.

I hope that the nonsense of comparing him to the great quarterbacks at Tech is over.

What a damn Toke.
    Fixed it!

I agree about the comparisons as well. I don't think any QB probably had the golden ticket, guaranteed job security that he has, and comparing from different eras is not apples to apples either. I mean some QB's earned their security, but it has always seemed like he had it no matter how bad it got.

So he should at a minimum be where he is, but if he really was a rockstar he should have been at or near the top now.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Fixed it!

I agree about the comparisons as well. I don't think any QB probably had the golden ticket, guaranteed job security that he has, and comparing from different eras is not apples to apples either. I mean some QB's earned their security, but it has always seemed like he had it no matter how bad it got.

So he should at a minimum be where he is, but if he really was a rockstar he should have been at or near the top now.
    Tim Rattay’s fault.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Tim Rattay’s fault.
    No, this is J'Mar's fault. Timmy didn't put a gun to his head and force him to break team rules.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    No, this is J'Mar's fault. Timmy didn't put a gun to his head and force him to break team rules.
    I said that in jest. Holtz hitched his wagon to a rock star, and got caught with his pants down. I blame Holtz for putting his team in that position.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Yes, GLM knows. It's a running joke because so many here think Smith suddenly got great this year because Tim Rattay stopped coaching him and Todd Fitch started. You know Todd Fitch? The guy who is the eyes in the sky for Holtz. The guy who helped Holtz call such a great game last night.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I am glad Tim got away from this shit show, but I hope after he has gained more experience and accomplished all the things he wants, he comes back and finishes at Tech and has much success.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I am glad Tim got away from this shit show, but I hope after he has gained more experience and accomplished all the things he wants, he comes back and finishes at Tech and has much success.
    😁😁😁You do know he went to the Red Skins, right?😁😁😁 He right rather still be here, except for the money. I do hope he come back one day!

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    😁😁😁You do know he went to the Red Skins, right?😁😁😁 He right rather still be here, except for the money. I do hope he come back one day!
    WTF? Drunk while posting?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It's one thing for the Rockstar to be suspended. It's quite another for the other QB's on our bench to suck so bad. THAT'S ANOTHER thing Skip Holtz owes the fan base an explanation for. Why is this team so ill-prepared at the QB position? It's embarrassing.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It's one thing for the Rockstar to be suspended. It's quite another for the other QB's on our bench to suck so bad. THAT'S ANOTHER thing Skip Holtz owes the fan base an explanation for. Why is this team so ill-prepared at the QB position? It's embarrassing.
    Go check out the comments about the game on the Louisiana Tech Football Facebook page. There are quite a few who are defending Holtz saying he is not responsible for anything that has transpired. There are wayward souls who do not understand why everyone is not happy about five straight bowl games and almost being in the Top 25.

I have been in Utah for quite awhile and my interaction with Tech and its fans very limited. If those people represent the majority of the fan base, Tech is in serious trouble.

To the athletic department’s credit, it has yet to delete negative comments. Though, it will probably happen Monday morning.

+ Reply to Thread