+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gov. Edwards: $10M for La. Tech Research Institute

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Gov. Edwards: $10M for La. Tech Research Institute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, let me get this straight: A Democrat lied to the teachers union, and NOW the teachers act shocked?

Elections have consequences. The teachers got the governor they wanted. I hope it taste real good going down. (I do sympathize for teachers such as PD's wife since she didn't support the idiot!)
    Thanks HD, but we knew what was going to happen. We were surprised that the race was as close at it actually was. She/we are happy with her job situation. Only a few years left...

Sadly these union idiots will keep voting the same way they have since LBJ led them into their current Burnie utopia.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly! So my son now has to have a roommate.

This will prayerfully be ok but this population doesn't like change and in our case our son is almost totally blind as well as his other needs. Another body moving around in his small room is very difficult for him.
    I'm sorry! I know you have probably looked into all of this, but can you have him qualify with his own income and get assistance and SSI? In Louisiana, I believe he would qualify for assistance based on his income. We are trying to make plans for when we are gone at my house -only reason I know or believe that I should say.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I'm sorry! I know you have probably looked into all of this, but can you have him qualify with his own income and get assistance and SSI? In Louisiana, I believe he would qualify for assistance based on his income. We are trying to make plans for when we are gone at my house -only reason I know or believe that I should say.
    Medicaid kicks in and takes all assets of those needing care other than a few dollars spending money each month and enough to cover insurance premiums.. When they go on medicaid they are forced to share a room in medicaid approved facilities.

Private pay is only an option for those who have the funds still in the estate inside of the 5 year look back peroid. Or for those whose heirs are able to pay the private pay fees.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Medicaid kicks in and takes all assets of those needing care other than a few dollars spending money each month and enough to cover insurance premiums.. When they go on medicaid they are forced to share a room in medicaid approved facilities.

Private pay is only an option for those who have the funds still in the estate inside of the 5 year look back peroid. Or for those whose heirs are able to pay the private pay fees.
    Yep. In Louisiana, not only can they qualify for SSI, but also there is a waiver they can get with money either month- not sure of the amount. I haven't looked into that since we declined it though. You are probably right though, they would still have to have a shared room.

Private rooms are available during Medicare rehab stays. That gets complicated and WILL NOT work with Medicare Advantage products. Approximately 100 days per year following a hospital stay of ? Days.

+ Reply to Thread