+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skip to Arkansas?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Skip to Arkansas?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Plus Skip has power here that he'd never have at a place like Arkansas.
    And a HELLUVA lot less pressure. Whoever this next coach is will be walking into a no win situation. The people of Arkansas are tired of losing, but they are in a conference with Bama, LSU, Auburn and A&M. That’s gonna be 4 losses for a while. You have to try and find 6 wins out of the other 8 games somehow. Not an easy task for a gutted and demoralized team.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

So, Scott Spurrier or Shane Beamer?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Assemble the dream team, Art Briles and Hugh Freeze

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Some are so desperate. Suggestions like Petrino are laughable. He is the reason they are in this mess. And they wouldn’t dare tough Freeze or Briles either.

Even Bill Clark is confusing. They mention “program builder.” Yes, they won a championship... In possibly the worst CUSA football season he’s coached under. And with a bunch of special waivers.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

If I was Arkansas I would try to get Dykes. At least the offense would be exciting and give kids a reason to go there.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammell View Post
    If I was Arkansas I would try to get Dykes. At least the offense would be exciting and give kids a reason to go there.
    Mike Leach

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

They hired Chad Morris from SMU, I doubt they hit that well again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Some are so desperate. Suggestions like Petrino are laughable. He is the reason they are in this mess. And they wouldn’t dare tough Freeze or Briles either.

Even Bill Clark is confusing. They mention “program builder.” Yes, they won a championship... In possibly the worst CUSA football season he’s coached under. And with a bunch of special waivers.
    You’re talking about Arkansas It’s not like Petrino was a choir boy when they hired him. He’s always been a thug magnet. So ANY coach they think gives them a shot at competing, you can bet they’ll at least interview. Whoever they hire they are stuck with for a long time, so they better make sure they like them a lot.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TBDawg01 View Post
    They hired Chad Morris from SMU, I doubt they hit that well again.
    Yeah, that will probably keep them from going after Dykes, but if they did I think they'd actually get what they thought they were getting with Morris. It would pay off.

But they are pretty unlikely to go that way.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Dykes has to have transfers for his system to work. I have not checked the roster, but I thought I heard Ben say on BTB that he had over 20 transfers at SMU. If true he is pulling a LaTech on them as we speak.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Dykes has to have transfers for his system to work. I have not checked the roster, but I thought I heard Ben say on BTB that he had over 20 transfers at SMU. If true he is pulling a LaTech on them as we speak.
    48 Seniors?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    48 Seniors?
    LOL! I almost referenced that one.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Come on PawDawg, you are low balling it. The Dallas Morning News reported that Sonny has 31 transfers on the roster, including the quarterback, who is a redshirt junior. Sonny is a baseball player at his core and is employing baseball recruiting tactics. Or maybe basketball.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

If Dykes went to Arkansas they'd be bad next season, have a good offense with zero defense the next year (win their $ games at home and knock off a weaker SEC team or two, maybe bowl), and then have a great offense with a poor defense the third year but have a good record. By that time there are enough "miracle turn-around" and "what a fun offense" stories out there that the reputation of the program shifts and they can recruit at a decent level - and most likely settle into that second-tier SEC zone.

They could do worse.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    If Dykes went to Arkansas they'd be bad next season, have a good offense with zero defense the next year (win their $ games at home and knock off a weaker SEC team or two, maybe bowl), and then have a great offense with a poor defense the third year but have a good record. By that time there are enough "miracle turn-around" and "what a fun offense" stories out there that the reputation of the program shifts and they can recruit at a decent level - and most likely settle into that second-tier SEC zone.

They could do worse.
    True, they could do worse. But why would you want a coach who’s defense is always going to be as bad as his offense is good.

I would almost prefer Skip. He’s pretty good except for hiring washed up buddies, micromanaging, and playing not to lose, which causes him to lose games he should’ve won.

Sonny is really almost as bad as Skip about losing games he should’ve won because his defenses are so bad. Think Houston.

+ Reply to Thread