+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspensions

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    You guys are completely missing the point. It is an illegal substance unless prescribed by a doctor. It does not matter if Tech, the NCAA, police officers, or a high school senior administers the test. It doesn’t matter when it happens. They got busted once and were warned. Have some personal responsibility and self restraint and, “STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE!”
    Generally yes. But only to a point. Some laws are more serious than others. Robbing banks is a bigger deal than running a stop sign. Weed is more akin to the latter.

The issue with JMar -- for me at least -- is less about breaking the law and more about (continually) thumbing his nose at school / team policy.

If it were against team policy to eat green Jell-O, then he damn well better stop eating green Jell-O. if it’s against Tech policy for athletes to play Xbox, then you better not get caught playing Xbox.

The legality of the act in question is only tangential, as far as I’m concerned

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The lack of respect shown for his team is what bothers me the most. I don’t smoke, but I don’t care about the weed. What I care about is the way he has blamed his teammates over the last few years for every bad play that happened on the field. This all goes back to a sense of invulnerability created by HCSH. J’Mar’s golden ticket was sealed and delivered when skip refused to recruit, or develop one single freaking QB other than his rockstar.

J’Mar didn’t have to develop leadership skills, or build relationships with his teammates. Therefore it didn’t bother him to screw them over the 1 time in his entire crappy tenure as starting QB, time here they all had a real chance at achieving their goals.

This falls on J’Mar because it was still his actions, but Holtz reaps what he sows from here on out, because he allowed the monster to thrive, and didn’t prepare anyone else.

I feel bad for the guys who may be watching all their blood,sweat,and tears they have put in go down the drain

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    The lack of respect shown for his team is what bothers me the most. I don’t smoke, but I don’t care about the weed. What I care about is the way he has blamed his teammates over the last few years for every bad play that happened on the field. This all goes back to a sense of invulnerability created by HCSH. J’Mar’s golden ticket was sealed and delivered when skip refused to recruit, or develop one single freaking QB other than his rockstar.

J’Mar didn’t have to develop leadership skills, or build relationships with his teammates. Therefore it didn’t bother him to screw them over the 1 time in his entire crappy tenure as starting QB, time here they all had a real chance at achieving their goals.

This falls on J’Mar because it was still his actions, but Holtz reaps what he sows from here on out, because he allowed the monster to thrive, and didn’t prepare anyone else.

I feel bad for the guys who may be watching all their blood,sweat,and tears they have put in go down the drain
    Agreed. In the years of QB RockStar play, I never saw him get the firey treatment that HC gave AA last night. Here you have a kid getting thrown into the furnace with much less game reps than he should have had. The demeanor of AA from kickoff as the game wore on was obvious. Was it "The Holtz Effect"?

I have to ask (anyone): if this was not the first time for J'Mar, why is J'Mar even still on the team?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I didn’t get to see the game, but if Holtz was chewing on AA after 3-4 days of full reps, that has me questioning Holtz even more. If you didn’t want the kid to struggle in live action, maybe should have let him play more than 10 secs a game.

Good way to rattle a QB that is naturally under stress starting a game much less a game with actually stakes on them.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You're not listening to what Breaux --and others-- are saying.

Why did Louisiana Tech wait until the (I'll spell it out for ya!) MOST IMPORTANT STRETCH OF GAMES OF THE YEAR to do the re-test? Lord knows, we had plenty of games we could have won easily (UMASS, etc...) without J:Mar. Or why even bother with these tests at all? The more I read about this shit, the angrier I get at Lousy-ana Tech! This was an effort by somebody inside Lousy-ana Tech to hurt our football program. I want to know why?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-modern-shift/
    Is it too much of a conspiracy to think someone in the administration had money on the game?

The line if I remember correctly was Marshall favored by 3, then before any word gets out the line jumps to over 6? Somehow Vegas knew before anyone that the starting QB had failed a test the athletic department administered.

It seems a little suspect, but then again — I like wearing tin foil on my head sometimes.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    Cannabis is not a performance enhancing drug and has nothing to do athletic competition. Their testing requirement is completely arbitrary.

The reason why they would is to avoid being hypocrites. That is, if for arbitrary reasons, the NCAA prohibits athletes from using then it must be good for their administration to do so as well.

This is not hard to understand.
    It's a totally non-sensical, moot point. Most of the people in the NCAA administration aren't drugs users anyway. That's like telling your pastor he must donate $5.00 to the cookie jar every time he uses a curse word. Since he doesn't curse anyway, you'll just go broke. It's moot.

Now THAT is not hard to understand.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

You guys are completely missing the point. It is an illegal substance unless prescribed by a doctor. It does not matter if Tech, the NCAA, police officers, or a high school senior administers the test. It doesn’t matter when it happens. They got busted once and were warned. Have some personal responsibility and self restraint and, “STOP BREAKING THE LAW, ASSHOLE!”
    You're missing the bigger point. This is only happening to LA Tech, so I want to know WHY? If I was hearing about athletes from a lot of other schools getting suspended too, I wouldn't complain a bit. But I find it remarkable that LA Tech has the only lawbreaking "ASSHOLES" in the NCAA.

Are you suggesting this is the case?. Surely you're not that naive.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This is only happening to LA Tech, so I want to know WHY? If I was hearing about athletes from a lot of other schools getting suspended too, I wouldn't complain a bit. But I find it remarkable that LA Tech has the only lawbreaking "ASSHOLES" in the NCAA.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ll/4030850002/

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No not exactly. Breaux is clueless.

You assume we had a choice of when. The NCAA sets the rules on when not LaTech.

All the players had to do was stop for a few weeks.

You do understand that some players tested positive back in September, but wanted to keep playing so the actually stopped don't you?
    You KEEP ignoring the fact that it's ONLY LA Tech athletes facing this issue. I want to know WHY. See previous post immediately above. Surely LA Tech isn't the only school in the NCAA who has starters smoking pot? And smoking pot even after they are told NOT to? And even AFTER they've failed a previous drug test, and been told to stop smoking pot, they still do it anyway? DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Are we to believe that everyone elses' starters are straight as an arrow? I've already supplied you with a link to a story that said 26.7% of all college football players ADMIT to smoking marijuana regularly.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

You're missing the bigger point. This is only happening to LA Tech, so I want to know WHY? If I was hearing about athletes from a lot of other schools getting suspended too, I wouldn't complain a bit. But I find it remarkable that LA Tech has the only lawbreaking "ASSHOLES" in the NCAA.

No, I’m not that naive. If there are rules in place and we are following them, I’m good with it. I am not concerned with what another school does or does not do.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This is only happening to LA Tech, so I want to know WHY? If I was hearing about athletes from a lot of other schools getting suspended too, I wouldn't complain a bit. But I find it remarkable that LA Tech has the only lawbreaking "ASSHOLES" in the NCAA.

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309694

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

The legality of the act in question is only tangential, as far as I’m concerned
    Exactly. I don't even care about that. I just want to know why LA Tech starters are being singled out.

While I appreciate your effort, this is for something completely unrelated to the NCAA drug policy.

Ten Bulldog football players were wrapped up in an academic scandal in which they allowed a tutor take tests and complete assignments for them in a chemistry class last fall.

No, I’m not that naive. If there are rules in place and we are following them, I’m good with it. I am not concerned with what another school does or does not do.
    That's a silly response. Of course you CARE if LA Tech is being singled out.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

The biggest head scratcher is nobody seems to want to cover this story. I guess not having a beat writer will do that to you, but if a four year starting QB at ANY other FBS team was suspended without warning or detailed explanation there would be a story on it.

+ Reply to Thread