+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspensions

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDawg8 View Post
    Half these chucks on this forum pointing blame at anybody other than the players guilty haven't taken a snap of organized football in their life.
    What does one have to do with the other?

Plus, have you met anyone on this board? Of course we wouldn't take a snap because none of us were small enough to be quarterbacks, placeholders, or punters.

Puppy TexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the roughTexasDawg8 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    or maybe they are just in the "safe space" crowd instead of the "personal responsibility" crowd
    I didn't realize a 5th year senior didn't have personal responsibility for his own actions? I didn't realize any player on the team doesn't have personal responsibility for their own actions? In fact I didn't realize that anybody past the age of 18 didn't have personal responsibility for their own actions. C'mon pledge.

Puppy LyleK is an unknown

Do all Division 1 schools (randomly) test for recreational drug use during the season? The way the rule is written makes this seem like a University decision and not a NCAA requirement. I would love some clarification so I can mentally move on from this. Rules are rules, but if we are putting ourselves at a competitive disadvantage over MARIJUANA then all I can do is throw my hands up. Kids smoke weed, it's a reality.

Also, long time lurker, first time poster. Go Dawgs, hope Allen grabs the reins and runs with it.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize a 5th year senior didn't have personal responsibility for his own actions? I didn't realize any player on the team doesn't have personal responsibility for their own actions? In fact I didn't realize that anybody past the age of 18 didn't have personal responsibility for their own actions. C'mon pledge.
    I am afraid personal responsibility has became an oxymoron in this day and age.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LyleK View Post
    Do all Division 1 schools (randomly) test for recreational drug use during the season? The way the rule is written makes this seem like a University decision and not a NCAA requirement. I would love some clarification so I can mentally move on from this. Rules are rules, but if we are putting ourselves at a competitive disadvantage over MARIJUANA then all I can do is throw my hands up. Kids smoke weed, it's a reality.

Also, long time lurker, first time poster. Go Dawgs, hope Allen grabs the reins and runs with it.
    Good question, would love to have a clear answer on this which I am sure someone on this board has an answer to. Are the rules we have in place overly-stringent? I have no idea, even if the NCAA allows us to turn a blind eye to it or make the punishment minor and flexible, there is always going to be a moral questioning associated with this.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Right we shouldn't expect a guy making almost $1M per year to keep up with his key player and make sure they don't cost the team due to REPEATEDLY breaking rules.
    Smith is over 21. HCSH shouldn’t have to babysit these players. Lots of things are Skip’s fault. This ain’t one of them. If it happened once and Skip told him don’t ever do it again. Then he does it again and he pays the price.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Skip and TM are ultimately responsible for the comprehensive management (athletic, scholastic, and personal) of the football program.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Skip and TM are ultimately responsible for the comprehensive management (athletic, scholastic, and personal) of the football program.
    But does management of the program include an expectation that they can prevent these kids from doing things? Do we live in The Minority Report?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't care. Thought I might be upset, but, I find I am unmoved by all of this. Of course, this gives Skippy a convenient excuse for losing at Marshall and at UAB, if that indeed occurs. Actually, I think our chances for winning both just got better.
    Same here. But I don't think Skip mentions it as an excuse if we lose.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Rock Star is responsible for his choices and his suspension.

But ... where Holtz will be at fault is if we lose because the backup(s) did not get enough reps before now. There have been too many times when Rock Star remained too long in games in which the outcome had long been decided. I am not going to claim to know if Rock Star was a “suspension-waiting to happen.” What I do know is that at QB, he was always at risk of getting hurt (as is every QB.) It was stupid not to take every reasonable opportunity to get a backup QB ready to go in game situations. It only takes one play (or in this case, one puff) to dramatically alter a season. (Granted, Allen may come out tonight and look like the second-coming of Peyton Manning.)

I hope I am wrong, but the years of the unwarranted Rock Star status may burn the program tonight.
    Finally, whoever in the Tech family that decided to designate Rock Star as #QB1 on social media should feel like #dummy1. I can't help but wonder if that designation was done to spite Tech fans who have been critical about the overall play of #QB1.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Smith is over 21. HCSH shouldn’t have to babysit these players. Lots of things are Skip’s fault. This ain’t one of them. If it happened once and Skip told him don’t ever do it again. Then he does it again and he pays the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Rock Star is responsible for his choices and his suspension.

But ... where Holtz will be at fault is if we lose because the backup(s) did not get enough reps before now. What I do know is that at QB, he was always at risk of getting hurt (as is every QB.)
    Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    But does management of the program include an expectation that they can prevent these kids from doing things? Do we live in The Minority Report?
    Honestly man your kidding yourself if you think this is Skip or TMAC fault. They weren't there when Jmar and Hardy started to light the bowl up and pass it around. If they were you think they would have encouraged it? if you go home and beat up on your wife, rob a store, or use drugs is it your boss fault?
    No.... its them and their dumba$$ friends who they associate themselves with.
    Exactly guys. This generation is use to being enabled and coddled. They need to grow the heck up and take responsibility for their actions. I would bet all 3 of these guys have apologized to the team, staff and their families.

In addition:

For information purposes only since some on here might not be aware of this council at Tech. Not saying they or any member did anything wrong at all as I don't know any of the details.

ATHLETICS COUNCIL. Purpose: Reviews intercollegiate athletic programs and activities and makes recommendations to the President for his consideration.

https://catalog.latech.edu/content.p...d=8&navoid=352

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It's not Holtz' fault Smith made a bad decision, but don't think for a minute that Holtz didn't contribute to the enabling process. Y'all assume this is the first or second time for Smith to get caught.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

And here I am worried about the Fall quarter grades submitting and hoping someone’s keeping up with finals, since we’ve had former problems. Guess that was the least of our worries.😞

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    And here I am worried about the Fall quarter grades submitting and hoping someone’s keeping up with finals, since we’ve had former problems. Guess that was the least of our worries.
    True. We won't know those casualties until the conference championship.

Remember last year? Holtz was so proud of only losing 1 player to grades.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Ya know what parents do? Set rules and enforce them. The RULES say to play NCAA Football is clean pee. No matter your personal, religious, or political feelings, thems beez the rules to play in this sport.

Growing up, my Dad told me "If I catch you smoking, or drinking, you're not living in my house." That was my warning. You know what I did? Neither of those things. Set the rules, enforce the rules and if playing Football was important to Smith and Hardy, they would toe the line. Once they popped positive the first time, there should have been consequences. If it happened again (which it sounds like it did), then step up the punishment/suspensions!! If you show your team that nobody is above the rules, then they will keep each other in line. Or they can GTFO and transfer.

+ Reply to Thread