+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Suspensions

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LOL! You really need help. You compare losing ONE (1) LB --that nobody's ever heard of-- before a season even starts, to losing a 5TH YR STARTING QB, our top "NFL prospect" starting wide receiver and a starting LB DURING the WEEK of the biggest game for Tech in a decade?

You can't be serious. How about "lack of equivalency"?
    You're showing your ignorance, buddy. There are plenty of people who have heard of Michael Divinity. He was a potential first-day pick who came back for his senior season. He was LSU's fourth-leading tackler last year and led the team in sacks. He played in five games this year and still leads LSU in sacks right now. This isn't some nobody linebacker. Your ego is showing. Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean nobody else has.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Do you know of any single company where you can come back to work after multiple failed drug test?

Any one?
    Professional compared to amateur? Come on, man! Man, I am sick of this pseudo moral high ground. We have enough of that from Washington. Let us punish one beyond one's transgressions.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Professional compared to amateur? Come on, man! Man, I am sick of this pseudo moral high ground. We have enough of that from Washington. Let us punish one beyond one's transgressions.
    Speaking of which, will the players who make money through the NIL be more likely to clean up their act so they continue to make money or be so arrogant they do what they want and expect favors?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    You're showing your ignorance, buddy. There are plenty of people who have heard of Michael Divinity. He was a potential first-day pick who came back for his senior season. He was LSU's fourth-leading tackler last year and led the team in sacks. He played in five games this year and still leads LSU in sacks right now. This isn't some nobody linebacker. Your ego is showing. Just because you haven't heard of him doesn't mean nobody else has.
    And it is no coincidence that LSU's defense has been leaking oil the last few games. Of course the offense not staying on the field long enough before it scores isn't helping either as we found out in 2012.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Obviously you got your feelings hurt when I called Divinity a LB nobody ever heard of. LOL! Regardless, I'm using this amazing tool called the Internet, and Google, and I can't find anywhere that it says Divinity was cut from the team --or suspended-- due to smoking pot. All the articles say that he
    Divinity left the team for "personal reasons". According to the articles, Divinity CHOSE to leave. J'Mar and our 3 stooges were SUSPENDED. The two situations are completely different. Again, "Lack of Equivalency", people.

Furthermore, even someone as dumb as you would have to agree that there's a huge difference between losing a LB --no matter how good and handsome YOU think he is-- and losing a 5th year starting QB who has literally taken 98% of the snaps over the last 3 years at LA Tech.

Finally, even the periodicals I dug up don't consider Michael Divinity irreplaceable. Here's just one example:

"Losing Divinity doesn’t destroy the LSU Tigers football team considering they’ve played without him in spurts this season, but having a talent like him unavailable opens a big hole that guys like
    [/COLOR]Patrick Queen[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)] and [/COLOR]Damone Clark[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)] need to fill with several SEC matchups still to come."
    Again, Lack of Equivalency. LSU's situation is totally different from LA Tech's.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I agree with that last statement... But, it's because Divinity is actually a good player, while Smith is, well, mediocre at best (being kind).

Of course LSU has better back-ups for Divinity than Holtz has for Smith...duh! Over 2 to 3 years LSU has an entire NFL team on its roster!! They are loaded with talent. Still, Divinity was the starter for a reason, and he was a major disrupter. LSU's defense has taken steps backwards since his departure.

But, again, I agree with Hogdawg insomuch that we do NOT see other schools suspending players, let alone key players, like Tech just did. But, if anyone has some examples then please post links.

All that said, Smith is not a good QB and his absence is not a big loss. Certainly any decent QB should be able to fill in nicely. If Allen doesn't do better this week that will tell us all we need to know about his prospects.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I agree with that last statement... But, it's because Divinity is actually a good player, while Smith is, well, mediocre at best (being kind).

Of course LSU has better back-ups for Divinity than Holtz has for Smith...duh! Over 2 to 3 years LSU has an entire NFL team on its roster!! They are loaded with talent. Still, Divinity was the starter for a reason, and he was a major disrupter. LSU's defense has taken steps backwards since his departure.

But, again, I agree with Hogdawg insomuch that we do NOT see other schools suspending players, let alone key players, like Tech just did. But, if anyone has some examples then please post links.

All that said, Smith is not a good QB and his absence is not a big loss. Certainly any decent QB should be able to fill in nicely. If Allen doesn't do better this week that will tell us all we need to know about his prospects.
    Perhaps these players were scapegoats for Skip's own inadequacy. He squanders every season.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Perhaps these players were scapegoats for Skip's own inadequacy. He squanders every season.
    No arguments there.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/09/five-mississippi-state-players-suspended-for-violation-of-team-rules.html

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/11/16/mississippi-state-injuries-suspensions-in-out-against-alabama-sec-football-game-tua-tagovailoa-ankle/4213384002/

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/10/26/mississippi-state-injuries-suspensions-multiple-starters-out-against-texas-a-m-sec-football-msu/2468348001/

https://thespun.com/sec/florida/florida-suspensions-tj-slaton-brad-stewart-miami

A
    ll that's just from a quick google search. One thing I noticed is that the "good" teams seem to suspend their players early rather than late. I would imagine that's strategic. It certainly would've been better for the team to suspend our players early, but our rules are set and communicated to the NCAA, so I imagine we were just following our process.

Which brings up the next question: if our rules say the penalty is 2 games, will the "law and order" crowd here accept J'Mar and Hardy returning for UTSA?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Again, Lack of Equivalency. LSU's situation is totally different from LA Tech's.
    For those of you watching at home, this tactic is called "moving the cheese".

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Obviously you got your feelings hurt when I called Divinity a LB nobody ever heard of. LOL! Regardless, I'm using this amazing tool called the Internet, and Google, and I can't find anywhere that it says Divinity was cut from the team --or suspended-- due to smoking pot. All the articles say that he
    Divinity left the team for "personal reasons". According to the articles, Divinity CHOSE to leave. J'Mar and our 3 stooges were SUSPENDED. The two situations are completely different. Again, "Lack of Equivalency", people.

Furthermore, even someone as dumb as you would have to agree that there's a huge difference between losing a LB --no matter how good and handsome YOU think he is-- and losing a 5th year starting QB who has literally taken 98% of the snaps over the last 3 years at LA Tech.

Finally, even the periodicals I dug up don't consider Michael Divinity irreplaceable. Here's just one example:

Dude, I know you're a smart guy. You graduated from Tech. You've been extremely successful. I don't understand why you aren't getting this. Drug suspensions aren't reported. Divinity voluntarily left the team to avoid a 6-game suspension. He failed either three or four tests. I have a guy who is intimately involved with covering LSU. The school or Divinity won't talk, just like the folks at Tech won't.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Dude, I know you're a smart guy. You graduated from Tech. You've been extremely successful. I don't understand why you aren't getting this. Drug suspensions aren't reported. Divinity voluntarily left the team to avoid a 6-game suspension. He failed either three or four tests. I have a guy who is intimately involved with covering LSU. The school or Divinity won't talk, just like the folks at Tech won't.
    Winner winner chicken dinner

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    Is it too much of a conspiracy to think someone in the administration had money on the game?

The line if I remember correctly was Marshall favored by 3, then before any word gets out the line jumps to over 6? Somehow Vegas knew before anyone that the starting QB had failed a test the athletic department administered.

It seems a little suspect, but then again — I like wearing tin foil on my head sometimes.
    This was the conspiracy theory I talked about last Monday - didn't take Vegas long to sniff out that something was rotten in Ruston.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/22/bettin...mpression=true

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

This was the conspiracy theory I talked about last Monday - didn't take Vegas long to sniff out that something was rotten in Ruston.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Vegas knowing first is quite common.

+ Reply to Thread