+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the most tech $#!+ ever

Varsity Bulldog TechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her game

This is the most tech $#!+ ever

How do we let our 5th year QB get suspended on a school administered drug test the week of one of the biggest games we've had this DECADE.

Tommy is a patsy b#tch. This is the cherry on top of the sh*t mountain that is his tenure here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: This is the most tech sh$t ever

Quote Originally Posted by TechStudent View Post
    How do we let our 5th year QB get suspended on a school administered drug test the week of one of the biggest games we've had this DECADE.

Tommy is a patsy b#tch. This is the cherry on top of the sh*t mountain that is his tenure here.
    You are getting some bad information. I'm no fan our our AD, but this is not on him.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

PD is right, this is not on anyone but the idiot who acted stupidly.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be interested in knowing how this happens before our two biggest games of the year. What’s the drug testing process? Are tests done every week? Or did someone just decide now was a good time to test.

It’s 100% on the players but if I was the coach I would be warning the whole team during the year about this happening, especially as it gets close to critical games. I see nothing wrong with that.

If Smith and Hardy have 3 positives as mentioned on another thread, I’m wondering if that’s three in this season or over their careers.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I would be interested in knowing how this happens before our two biggest games of the year. What’s the drug testing process? Are tests done every week? Or did someone just decide now was a good time to test.

It’s 100% on the players but if I was the coach I would be warning the whole team during the year about this happening, especially as it gets close to critical games. I see nothing wrong with that.

If Smith and Hardy have 3 positives as mentioned on another thread, I’m wondering if that’s three in this season or over their careers.
    These are the same questions I have...doesn't really matter at this point, but I'm curious.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The NCAA rules are specific and easy to find. Apparently the NCAA allows the school to police in house, but requires all results be passed on to them. This is why schools can't play around with the results and why schools ALWAYS say "for breaking team rules".

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It’s common in various businesses and sports to have random drug tests. If your number comes up, so to speak, you’re tested, if you refuse you’re fired, if you fail, you’re disciplined. This was no surprise to the team. They had to have known there would be random tests either by conference or NCAA RULES.

JMar as the team’s focal player was an idiot and totally irresponsible.

Holtz should collect his gear.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    It’s common in various businesses and sports to have random drug tests. If your number comes up, so to speak, you’re tested, if you refuse you’re fired, if you fail, you’re disciplined. This was no surprise to the team. They had to have known there would be random tests either by conference or NCAA RULES.

JMar as the team’s focal player was an idiot and totally irresponsible.

Holtz should collect his gear.
    In business, there is a certain amount of discretion that can be used.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    PD is right, this is not on anyone but the idiot who acted stupidly.
    Yes indeed.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Does seem like a self-inflicted wound. Ignorance is bliss.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechStudent View Post

I laughed as I read the title of this thread. It appears you were a student when you joined this board in 2004. Trust me, you have no idea what things were like in the late 80s and early 90s right after Tech joined the FBS. And it went way beyond the football team into even some women's sports.

To say things were crazy at that time would be an understatement. It makes this look like Romper Room.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I'm sure it happens, but I never heard of this happening to football players from other schools --CUSA schools, for example. It's just insane.

LA Tech continues to fail when its time to WIN. This is stuff that never happens. You know, kinda like turning the bowl bid down in 2012. Or, having 6 starting football players suspended only hours before the 2014 CUSA Championship game. Or, hiring a 23-yr old coach for the Lady Techsters. Or, losing 80 something yds on a bad snap against Mississippi State.

We continue to find ways to fail.

It's as if someone at LA Tech can't stand being normal. You just can't make this stupid stuff up.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

And you wonder why Tech can’t grow its fan base.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    And you wonder why Tech can’t grow its fan base.
    Nah, only the people who wonder are the ones making the decisions. The rest of us have known for years.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Nah, only the people who wonder are the ones making the decisions. The rest of us have known for years.
    I guess they are riding the same yellow submarine with Jmar

+ Reply to Thread