+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the most tech $#!+ ever

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Re: This is the most tech $#!+ ever

https://www.vox.com/2016/3/22/112787...s-racism-nixon

The historic record shows that the desired policy outcome of the initiation of the "War on Drugs" was the oppression of black people. Given that fact, it's unsurprising that a black athlete has been ensnared in it.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's ethical. Slavery was legal. Jim Crow was legal. The "War on Drugs" is the latest, legal implementation of this nation's effort to oppress black people.

It's unfortunate that people feel greater loyalty to a racist, unethical law than they do to another human being with whom they have a connection, even it is as just a sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Nope, I see it as a young adult that knows the law, ignored the law, and harmed his team, his school that provided his education, and the fans.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    We all make mistakes...heaven knows I've done much worse. This is a learning experience for him and I hope it makes him a better person. Personally, I wish him good luck.
    This was not a mistake.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    This was a not a mistake.
    Yeah. Most of my "mistakes" were on purpose, too.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

The question of legality or "right-ness" are irrelevant at this point in time. The current rules have been in place for years. The consequences of violating the rules are well known. Every single school and player in the country are dealing with the same situation. Until the rules change it is what it is.

Our players rolled the dice, selfishly, and lost. Criticism of the Tech or the coaches is in my opinion, are misplaced. The players shouldn't be surprised at the criticism of them or lack of sympathy for them.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

I agree with the last sentence.

No one is served by this but those who value the oppressive aspect of the "War on Drugs." And this incident is a minor example of its injustices.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    The question of legality or "right-ness" are irrelevant at this point in time. The current rules have been in place for years. The consequences of violating the rules are well known. Every single school and player in the country are dealing with the same situation. Until the rules change it is what it is.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    I agree with the last sentence.

No one is served by this but those who value the oppressive aspect of the "War on Drugs." And this incident is a minor example of its injustices.
    Impeech fowty five!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If JMar starts against UTSA, my family will walk out.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

You should be questioning why Tech administration decided to administer the test in the first place this shit does not happen to any other program. And you can’t tell me that smoking pot is strictly a Tech thing. Way to screw your own program Tech

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    You should be questioning why Tech administration decided to administer the test in the first place this shit does not happen to any other program. And you can’t tell me that smoking pot is strictly a Tech thing. Way to screw your own program Tech
    I am not upset at all with the school. It’s illegal in Louisiana. IMO, anyone who wants to put something in their body, legal or not, which is designed to impair it should get no sympathy if they are caught.

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

I’d rather him than Elliott if Allen is out with broken thumb !!!

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    How do you know they weren’t random tests?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg View Post
    How do you know they weren’t random tests?
    He doesn't know anything.

All four guys who were punished knew they had to pass a test a couple of weeks ago since they had all failed a test back in September. All they had to do was lay off the weed after they tested positive in September. They pretty much said, "screw it. I'll keep doing it". Skip and some of our "leaders" are looking to blame the higher ups. Total BS.

This has been part (not all) of the culture that Holtz can't seem to manage. Carlos Henderson is an early example.

Medical cannabis is legal in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I am not upset at all with the school. It’s illegal in Louisiana. IMO, anyone who wants to put something in their body, legal or not, which is designed to impair it should get no sympathy if they are caught.

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    Medical cannabis is legal in Louisiana.
    Yes, well, I’m not sure Dr. Phillips at Green Clinic wrote them a prescription

+ Reply to Thread