+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the most tech $#!+ ever

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: This is the most tech $#!+ ever

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He doesn't know anything.

All four guys who were punished knew they had to pass a test a couple of weeks ago since they had all failed a test back in September. All they had to do was lay off the weed after they tested positive in September. They pretty much said, "screw it. I'll keep doing it". Skip and some of our "leaders" are looking to blame the higher ups. Total BS.

This has been part (not all) of the culture that Holtz can't seem to manage. Carlos Henderson is an early example.
    . Thanks for posting the truth! None of them should be allowed back this year. They knew they had to take the test and didn’t care who they harmed. Obviously Skip didn’t address this harshly enough when they failed the first time! Winning is important, but they easily could have won against some of the crappy teams we played sitting them for a game the first time. The picture would have been clearer for them about the results now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Maybe Skippy is trying to be their friend, not their coach.

I know from experience you can't cross that line as a head coach. There has to be an arm's-length distance between a coach and his players (or a shorter distance in the case of a certain former Techster coach, ahem...). Once a coach becomes "friends" with his players, it's over.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....so you're saying, Louisiana Tech has the ONLY STARTING PLAYERS IN AMERICA tokin on marijuana weed during football season, and breaking NCAA rules as a result?
    That's not at all what I said. Athletes were smokin' weed when you and I were at Tech back in the 70s. We lost two of our best athletes to drug issues back then.

Some guys can't be monitored or helped. Some coaches (Holtz) don't care enough about the players, team, or overall program to stay on top of the players who can cause problems.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Skip Holtz has done this twice now. He suspended 6 starters --for academic reasons-- right before LA Tech's 2104 appearance in the CUSA Championship game. Now he has suspended 3 more starters for undisclosed reasons, on the eve of an extremely important road game that held many conference title implications. He lost both games.

Do you guys know how RARELY this happens to a school once, much less twice? In only a 5-yr timeframe, no less?

I'm starting to think Skip Holtz finds some kind of sick pleasure from suspending important starters just before important games. Before you laugh, note that his daddy did it back in 1977 when he suspended 3 starters just before his Arkansas team played and beat #2 ranked Oklahoma 31-6 in the 1978 Orange Bowl. After that, Lou Holtz was forever remembered as a great coach, who wasn't afraid to "do the right thing". Lou Holtz even got the Notre Dame job because of this.

Doing something similar becomes a no lose situation for Skip. Rinse and repeat. If his team wins without the suspended starters, he's a hero (like daddy). If he loses the game, well he can't be held accountable because, "Oh well, he didn't have all his starters playing".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-91a8b99759a8/

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Skip Holtz has done this twice now. He suspended 6 starters --for academic reasons-- right before LA Tech's 2104 appearance in the CUSA Championship game. Now he has suspended 3 more starters for undisclosed reasons, on the eve of an extremely important road game that held many conference title implications.

Do you guys know how RARE this is to happen once toa school, much less twice to a single school? In only a 5-yr timeframe, no less?

I'm starting to think Skip Holtz finds some kind of sick pleasure from suspending important starters just before important games. His daddy did it back in 1977 when he suspended 3 starters just before his Arkansas team played and beat #2 ranked Oklahoma 31-6 in the 1978 Orange Bowl. Doing this becomes a no lose situation for Skip. If his team wins without the suspended starters, he's a hero. If he loses the game, well he can't be held accountable because, "Oh well, he didn't have all his starters playing".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-91a8b99759a8/
    I can be easily convinced that all of these screwups are on purpose. It is just too predictable. No other team has the consistency of bad luck that we do

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Are you sure Skip had a choice?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Are you sure Skip had a choice?
    I think Skip is a lot smarter than his bosses if that's what you mean

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

HD those players flunked out in 2014. He didn't suspend them. Four of them were jucos who didn't even go to class.

We won't know if he lost any this year until Winter Quarter begins.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Miss St suspended 4 announced today. It happens everywhere. Given the high profile of two of ours, that is abnormal. Don’t KNOW who that’s on. None of the stories being pushed are 100% internally consistent.

Doesn’t matter. It’s over. I’ll watch the last few games, but my interest has been severely dampened.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Miss St suspended 4 announced today. It happens everywhere. Given the high profile of two of ours, that is abnormal. Don’t KNOW who that’s on. None of the stories being pushed are 100% internally consistent.

Doesn’t matter. It’s over. I’ll watch the last few games, but my interest has been severely dampened.
    So they were suspended the DAY AFTER they played Bama? That'll show 'em.

Do we even know who they are, what positions they play, or what they were suspended for? I'm guessing you're going to tell me "no".

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Do we even know who they are, what positions they play, or what they were suspended for? I'm guessing you're going to tell me "no".
    If you look in the top left corner of posts, they are date stamped. They suspended the 4 BEFORE the BAMA game. I don’t know who they are because I don’t follow MS State. They were suspended for the same reason our guys were...for violating team rules.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Amazing the number of booster and fans that are walking away and / or ready to burn down the athletic program then rebuild.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Amazing the number of booster and fans that are walking away and / or ready to burn down the athletic program then rebuild.
    Not really when you think about how many times we have done this rinse and repeat. Get headed in the right direction and then blow our own feet off. Most of the die hard fans have seen this so many times, and blind loyalty on gets you so far.

I think everyone would agree that people wouldn’t be this worked up if some outside force had us derailed over and over. We would be pissed, but not like we are when it is self inflicted, whether it be at the player level or at the president level.
    Last edited by DallasDog; 11-19-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Mississippi State Football Suspensions

Clempson

A
    lerBama

Last edited by DocMarvin362; 11-18-2019 at 04:31 PM.

To me, the issue is not "does this happen anywhere but Tech?"

It's that "why does this happen at Tech at the most strategic times, in creative and new ways each time, on a consistent and extremely predictable basis?" That's the question we need to answer.

+ Reply to Thread