+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspensions or not lol

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Suspensions or not lol

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think winning 5 bowl games in a row and ticket sales going down is a safe indication that a C-USA championship wouldn't boost sales.

Gotta be a Top 25 ranking so the average fan actually hears about it.
    Maybe that bowl wins don’t matter. How many bowl teams are there each year? How many conference champs?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Why do we need to win the west? Oh you mean so we can go back to Marshall? Let me know how all that works out.
    Unlike you, I was not impressed with Marshall at all. Frankly, Marshall hardly did anything to win the game. Our guys were simply hell bent on losing Friday night. From our receiver dropping a potential TD pass in the end zone (7 pts), to our kicker clanging a chip shot kick off the upright (3 pts), to our punter literally dropping a perfect snap and turning the ball over to Marshall at the 1-yd line (7 points), to "Turnover Machine" Weston Elliott throwing a late game INT in the Marshall end zone (7 points)......we did everything we could to LOSE. That's 24 points we left on the table in only 4 plays. We lost by 21.

So yeah, I like to have another shot at Marshall.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Maybe that bowl wins don’t matter. How many bowl teams are there each year? How many conference champs?
    Good point. Our marketing peeps can probably really take off and make huge strides with it. I can't wait to hear the telephone solicitations.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Good point. Our marketing peeps can probably really take off and make huge strides with it. I can't wait to hear the telephone solicitations.
    You made the blanket statement that conference championships don’t matter. That’s just silly.

I can understand you wanting to minimize a goal we can still attain because ultimately, you want Holtz gone. That’s a pipe dream and silly. It’s like hoping we lose the bowl game just because you hate the coach.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You made the blanket statement that conference championships don’t matter. That’s just silly.

I can understand you wanting to minimize a goal we can still attain because ultimately, you want Holtz gone. That’s a pipe dream and silly. It’s like hoping we lose the bowl game just because you hate the coach.
    I never said I want Holtz gone. Stop putting words in my mouth. I don't hate him.

It won't sell tickets. We could have the game in Ruston at this point and 10K wouldn't show up in perfect weather.

I never said I want Holtz gone. Stop putting words in my mouth. I don't hate him.

It won't sell tickets. We could have the game in Ruston at this point and 10K wouldn't show up in perfect weather.
    I didn’t say you did. I said that would make your position more reasoned.

Clearly, you’re a big Holtz fan!

Not sure why being a realist after 40 years of fandom makes me a hater. I think it makes me very knowledgeable toward our fanbase. I know which fans left, when, and why over that period. I always thought winning mattered the most, but what I've discovered is arrogance from our AD and HC will offset winning. The recent fubar that was allowed by our players may be as detrimental as 2012 was.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    ...but would you play Smith in a bowl game? I would also add a championship game, but I doubt we make it to one now.
    If he provides the best way to win, its a no brainer. He will have served his sentence and should be allowed to continue his normal, legal, and by-the-rules pursuits. Test him weekly if thought necessary.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    2 bad plays on punt team & a horrible mistake ob 4th down cost us this game.

The botched snap wouldn’t have happened had Holtz not played so conservatively at the end of the half. The screen plays to Smoke had been worse. Why run the ball there amd let them call timeout.
    2 dropped TD passes certainly didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Better check USM's remaining schedule. It's no cakewalk.

Home next week vs WKU and then at FAU.
    Its easier to give up on the season and promote a self fulfilling prophesy.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    If they lose to both of them, they would still only have one western division loss right? If we lose to UAB we would have two western losses and USM would have the best record in the west unless I have their losses wrong.
    But wouldn't Tech have the best conference record?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree......and I'm hoping they lose 'em both. We need USM to tank RIGHT NOW, to have any chance to win the west.
    On the other hand it would be better, and possible, for Tech to win out and USM to win out. I think that is the way to assure us hosting the CCG.

I'll play.

How? Give examples please.
    A lot of folks certainly complain about winning bowl game but not winning championships. Must be important to many. Championships are always good.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    For us to see the needle move as a program, we have to string together multiple 9-10 win seasons, play for and occasionally win the conference championship, win bowl games, AND CARE ABOUT EVERY FAN ENOUGH THAT OUR COACHES AND ADMIN CAN SEE THEM INSTEAD OF JUST THE END OF THEIR NOSE.
    Every coach I have interacted with has been very friendly and gracious.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Last thing JMar needs is another bowl

+ Reply to Thread