+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspensions or not lol

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Suspensions or not lol

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I don't assume a dang thing. But yes I will tell you I still believe in "PAY THE MAN and his staff!! The actions of a select few doesn't negate what Skip has built here at TECH.
    If not paid, it will be another 5 + years until we even sniff a 11-1 , 10-2, 9-3 season again.

Really, the one thing I'm PO'd at our staff is the lack of backup QB's on our team. And that goes back to Skip's previous coaching staff not here now as well.
    He's not going anywhere. Good grief man. He is 1-12 vs P5s (not all good P5s)

Why would you redo a brand new contract? He's about to lose the last 3 regular season games. He has LOST this team.

Puppy DurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the rough

You lose the team in 1 week?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurDog View Post
    Holtz’s obit has been written so many times.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurDog View Post
    Get back to me when he goes from 8-1 to 8-5

That's losing the team.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We’re on a repeating cycle. Catch fire, crash and burn, catch fire, crash and burn. I can’t think of another team that keeps having debacle after debacle like we do. Did Holtz have a press conference today to go over the latest calamity?

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

We can win these last two regular season games. It may be ugly winning this week, but we can do it. We are still better defensively than anyone UAB has beaten this season. UAB should focus on stopping our running and force QB3 to throw. Need a little luck for QB3 to complete passes only to our team. Scary, but possible. I am more optimistic about this one than the Marshall game. For UTSA we can pick up where we left off pre-suspensions.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The season is not over. Maybe the dream of YE top 25 is, but I'm not convinced that would've put a ton of butts in the seats either. I think we need to continue to make progress. Most of the attendance gripes have been more about the administration than the play on the field. A top 25 finish wouldn't change that.

I hear a lot about the casual fans. The casual fans don't know the details of the "fubar", so I don't know that this is anywhere near the travesty of that 2012 team not bowling. I suppose we'll see.
    You are overlooking the 8 game win streak that could/should have been a 13 game win streak going into next year. That sells tickets. The CUSA-Championship would have been a by-product of that success not the main reason for that success. It's doubtful we'll even be in the championship now, but even if we win, ticket sales won't go up.

Attendance gripes were product on the field for 2 straight years along with our AD and President killing the game day atmosphere. Throw in 3 1/2 hour games due to poor C-USA refs and so called TV...

Many former Tech followers were tuned in on Friday. NOT A SINGLE ONE was excited because the C-USA championship was in the future. They watch the Top 25 polls and they've heard the Top25 talk. Just like several times before we let them down. They also wanted to see a team that was on an 8 game win streak. Those potontial fans are gone and won't be back because we MIGHT be playing Marshall again for the weak ass C-USA Championship. They'll take another look when we are making national noise.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You are overlooking the 8 game win streak that could/should have been a 13 game win streak going into next year. That sells tickets. The CUSA-Championship would have been a by-product of that success not the main reason for that success. It's doubtful we'll even be in the championship now, but even if we win, ticket sales won't go up.
    I'm not overlooking it. I'm looking at it in a larger context...chiefly that it's a position NO ONE predicted. Skip gets blame for "losing the team" because 3 players did something stupid, but he rarely gets credit for getting us to the place where we had a season to blow!

I don't know what ticket sales will do. I don't understand the pricing structure or some of the decisions that our admin has made that have led to a depressed game atmosphere. Those are all valid concerns (never said they weren't). But it's also true that this is a national trend. Clemson's attendance has been down while they've been winning national titles!

I don't know how many former fans were paying attention Friday but I do know that we often project on to others our own concerns. Skip isn't going anywhere until he decides, so if it's all the same with ticket sales, I'd just prefer we get the championship.

Allen will play Saturday as will James Jackson. J'Mar and Hardy will be back for UTSA. Everything but a New Year's day bowl is still on the table. I'll jump on the "Skip has lost the team" bandwagon just as soon as he actually does. Right now, we're 8-2 and in first place.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Right now, we're 8-2 and in first place.
    Enjoy the euphoria for a few more days.

Enjoy the euphoria for a few more days.
    It's easy to make doom and gloom predictions because, if you're wrong, everybody is happy. If you're right, you get to say "I told you so." Hell, even if we win out, the "realists" will be able to say, "Why did it take so long? Skip is a moron."

That's a pretty miserable posture on "entertainment", but you do you.

Puppy DurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the roughDurDog is a jewel in the rough

Bingo!

It's easy to make doom and gloom predictions because, if you're wrong, everybody is happy. If you're right, you get to say "I told you so." Hell, even if we win out, the "realists" will be able to say, "Why did it take so long? Skip is a moron."

That's a pretty miserable posture on "entertainment", but you do you.
    That's not my stance at all.

My stance is and has always been not to get all giddy about a possible conference championship. It is a great team goal. It means something to the handful of people that show up at the C-USA championship game (15,000 ish for the past 4 years).

Yes, the entertainment had gone up some this year. Not sure about the value.

My stance is and has always been not to get all giddy
    I feel certain you've never been accused of that!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Once.... when Holtz beat Southern Miss this year.

You'd be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread