+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Suspensions or not lol

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Suspensions or not lol

Gotcha PD

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Honest Question: So, why did Ryan Higgins get a 1-game suspension for a DWI, --which obviously puts other lives on the road at risk-- but J'Mar and company got a 2-game suspension for what was apparently a simple matter of failing a marijuana drug test? Just curious, because the DWI seems to be a much more serious offense to me. Seems like we got the punishment backwards?
    The crazy thing is Higgins was actually only suspended 1 half. (If I remember correctly) Skip stuck with J’Mar because of how things went in the 1st half of that game... but Higgins could have played in the second half.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    The crazy thing is Higgins was actually only suspended 1 half. (If I remember correctly) Skip stuck with J’Mar because of how things went in the 1st half of that game... but Higgins could have played in the second half.
    The crazier thing is, given hindsight, if Higgins played the whole game we would have won at Arkansas.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The crazier thing is, given hindsight, if Higgins played the whole game we would have won at Arkansas.
    If J'mar had played at Marshall or UAB, we'd have won the games

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    If J'mar had played at Marshall or UAB, we'd have won the games
    The unprovable hypothesis...

But, I still don't think we'd have beaten MU that day, no matter who was playing. UAB, yeah, but not MU. Especially if ST and the D played like they did that day. But, who really knows? I do find it comical how so many fans have jumped on the Rockstar's band wagon just because it's a convenient excuse to try to understand/accept the results of the past two weeks. Smith is still Smith, a very mediocre QB (at best).

But, we may get a chance to see the Rockstar step up and deliver. Might have a game at FAU, followed by a bowl vs. a "good" team. Then Smith can strut his stuff for real.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

With the way ST played at Marshall, we wouldn’t have won with Joe Montana.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    With the way ST played at Marshall, we wouldn’t have won with Joe Montana.
    We wouldn’t have needed our punt team with J’mar

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    We wouldn’t have needed our punt team with J’mar
    And our D would’ve been fresher with fewer 3 and outs.

The most frustrating thing about the suspension is the fact that we would be 10-1 right now, ranked, and poised to finish the season ranked.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    And our D would’ve been fresher with fewer 3 and outs.

The most frustrating thing about the suspension is the fact that we would be 10-1 right now, ranked, and poised to finish the season ranked.
    Agreed. And both UAB & Marshall were definitely beatable for us, even with a backup QB. What could of been.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

What could of been.
    Yep, so many of those times to remember over the past 7 years. But hey, we have 5 bowl victories in a row. Can't ask form more than that. It's the first time in EllAye Tech history it's ever been done.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'm no attorney, but I have friends who have had a DUI or two. Besides the cost of auto insurance going through the roof they have a criminal record forever. Imagine needing a job that requires driving a company vehicle among many other things. Hopefully Higgins is past all the bad it brought, but it will always be out there.

Nobody will ever see the suspension for "breaking team rules" in Smith's official history.
    Most of the time, a judge will expunge a first DUI offender's record after he\she meets the requirements of the conviction. In his case, I'm sure it was expunged.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I get that. And I DON'T CARE that it was J'Mar's 2nd time for smoking dope, or not making his bed, or whatever. That's NOT the point. Nobody's arguing that J'Mar was a "bad boy". It's still a matter that Higgins put peoples' LIVES at risk by driving drunk, and J'Mar didn't. (Unless there's more to J'Mar's story that you haven't told us.) Your and my family's lives could have been jeopardized due to the Higgins DWI, which was much more serious than J'Mar's offense. THAT'S the point.
    Exactly! And I don't care about any of it from here on out. From another thread:

From the Teddy/Skip radio show tonight a few takeaways from Skip:
    • We want UNT to beat UAB in Denton this Saturday. This is our best route (with us winning of course) to go to the conference championship.
    • J'Mar has addressed the team and apologized and "manned up, face the music".
    • HC said that J'Mar and Adrian are "available", "we will see how practice goes".
    • If we win this Saturday, this senior class will be the winningest class since Tech has gone D-1.
    • We have the number one defense in the nation in the red zone.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Most of the time, a judge will expunge a first DUI offender's record after he\she meets the requirements of the conviction. In his case, I'm sure it was expunged.
    I don't believe it being expunged makes it go away. It's like a case being dismissed, but it's still out there and especially for auto insurance and inspection reports. Louisiana has some screwed up laws. I've heard of some guys getting a 1st and 2nd offense "expunged" but when they got the 3rd DUI they all three jumped back up to bite them hard. They never completely go away. I think five years is a key time period, but I'm not sure how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly! And I don't care about any of it from here on out. From another thread:

From the Teddy/Skip radio show tonight a few takeaways from Skip:
    • We want UNT to beat UAB in Denton this Saturday. This is our best route (with us winning of course) to go to the conference championship.
    • J'Mar has addressed the team and apologized and "manned up, face the music".
    • HC said that J'Mar and Adrian are "available", "we will see how practice goes".
    • If we win this Saturday, this senior class will be the winningest class since Tech has gone D-1.
    • We have the number one defense in the nation in the red zone.
    We shall see how much Smith has "manned up." He has a chance to prove it on the field, not just behind closed doors.

But, although I don't share in the myth of 2-0 vs. MU/UAB with Smith playing, he is QB1 with the most PT and as such offered us the best opportunity to at least split those games. Clearly Allen is just Smith II but with less experience. So...Smith effed up and ruined a promising season. That can't be undone. There are no "mulligans," do-overs in football. The 2019 season that might have been is forever "gone with the wind."

What is left is a shot at that elusive 10-win season. That remains firmly in our reach, in our grasp! Let's see how the "manned-up" one and the team approaches this.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I recently heard that JMar’s transgression was a domestic type matter, assaulting a female in some sort of way. I haven’t gone back to read every post. Is this supposed incident gaining publicity?

+ Reply to Thread