+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers/Browns

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Steelers/Browns

I wonder if I took a helmet and just randomly hit someone in the head with it if I’d be charged? The answer to that is yes. What’s the difference in swinging a helmet or any other object meant to inflict bodily harm? You may could avoid charges if he had his helmet on, but he didn’t.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

No one has brought up that Rudolph was trying to rip Garrett’s helmet off first. That sparked the rest of it.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    No one has brought up that Rudolph was trying to rip Garrett’s helmet off first. That sparked the rest of it.
    The play was over before he tackled him-should have been a yellow flag flying before the fight even started.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Steeler/Browns

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It's happened in hockey. Don't see why it can't be done in football.
    Hockey stopped the bench-clearing brawls that led to ugly crowd incidents with an automatic 10-game suspension for the first player who leaves the bench and automatic 5-game suspensions for every other player who does.

This last incident in U.S. pro sports I can recall that even comes close to this is the Kermit Washington punch on Rudy Tomjanovich.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

No one has brought it up because it didn’t happen.

Garrett started it by slamming Randolph into the ground.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    No one has brought it up because it didn’t happen.

Garrett started it by slamming Randolph into the ground.
    I don’t think he knew the ball was gone. Also, that’s still a “football play”...sacking the QB or taking him down with your head down. Attempting to rip off a helmet is not.

No I’m not condoning Garrett or taking sides, but what would have happened had Rudolph removed Garrett’s helmet?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think he knew the ball was gone. Also, that’s still a “football play”...sacking the QB or taking him down with your head down. Attempting to rip off a helmet is not.

No I’m not condoning Garrett or taking sides, but what would have happened had Rudolph removed Garrett’s helmet?
    But he didn’t, and quite frankly I couldn’t really see that he was trying to.

Tell me the truth, you’re a SJW, aren’t you?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

They did show him trying to get his helmet off, but it was as you said, he had already slammed him to the ground after the play was over. No way he thought he still had the ball.

If by “SJW” you mean someone that logically takes into account the actions of all parties involved instead of only the easiest to identify, then yes.

I just realized you said you couldn’t see Rudolph trying to take off Garrett’s helmet? Seriously!? You must have missed it because it didn’t fit your narrative.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized you said you couldn’t see Rudolph trying to take off Garrett’s helmet? Seriously!? You must have missed it because it didn’t fit your narrative.
    I remember Aikman saying during the game he thought Rudolph caught his hand in Garrett's helmet and was trying to pull it out. Does this prove out? Or was Rudolph just trying to get Garrett off him after staying on top of him way too long? Maybe Garrett had bad breathe . Which is it?

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

They are missing the big red flags , they need to trade him while he has value . It will only get worse.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    They are missing the big red flags , they need to trade him while he has value . It will only get worse.
    Time will tell whether this is a good move or not. He is a great football player with more than one troubling issue in his past. To me it seems weird the Browns would sign him with one more year left on his contract with an additional team option year. To your point, given his past I would want too see some time pass with better behavior. He has not played a down since the helmet issue. Plus the Browns have not been able too see him much this off season. The only other thing to consider here is, this is the Browns. I mean they have started 29 different quarterbacks since 1999 and they thought Freddie Kitchens could be a head coach.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The NFL is doing a lot of things I don't like these days. This is just one more to add to the list.

+ Reply to Thread