+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Football Falls to Marshall in Huntington - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech Football Falls to Marshall in Huntington - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

HUNTINGTON, W. Va. - The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs couldn't overcome a series of miscues, losing 31-10 on the road to the Marshall Thundering Herd.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Football Falls to Marshall in Huntington - latechsports.com

“Series of miscues”? That would be a PG explanation of events.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    “Series of miscues”? That would be a PG explanation of events.
    It was so bad I had to laugh, to keep from crying. Our punter dropping the snap, the bad snap on the 4th and inches. BTW, the Marshall dude illegally batted the ball. The missed FG...clank! That's 17 pts right there on just three plays.

We will see if it was "just one of those nights" or if the wheels have come off, and we'll see next week at UAB.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I knew Marshall was the bet of the week. Holtz gave us all a gift last night and I doubt any Tech fans took advantage of the bird in hand

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We didn’t fall to Marshall. We tripped after tying our own shoes together.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It was so bad I had to laugh, to keep from crying. Our punter dropping the snap, the bad snap on the 4th and inches. BTW, the Marshall dude illegally batted the ball. The missed FG...clank! That's 17 pts right there on just three plays.

We will see if it was "just one of those nights" or if the wheels have come off, and we'll see next week at UAB.
    That's a great point. It really is laughable. And of course, our defense let somebody named Obi Obialo --who hails from Coppell TX,-- catch 8 passes for 146 yds. What's so strange about that you ask? Coming into this game, "Obi" had not caught a single pass all season. He must have been wearing his invisible uniform last night.

Again, LA Tech makes hero's out of the mundane.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Miscues? Let's count the ways:

1. First and foremost, the three stooges getting suspended.
    2. Holtz refusing for three years to bench Smith in both bad blowouts and good blowouts and allowing the backup qb's playing time.
    3. The "special" teams are SO bad! Dropped perfect snap on punt at our own one yard line....piss poor punting when he did get it off.....missed chip shot FG....pourous coverage. UGH!
    4. Freshman qb thrown to wolves. The worse grounding I have ever witnessed.
    5. Two dropped TD passes.
    6. Pathetic pass defense.
    7. Worn down defense allowed way too many yards right up the gut.
    8. A replay of the Mississippi State terrible snap fumble for a gigantic loss and turnover when about to score.
    9. Pathetic officiating. Blown calls all over the field and no replays.
    10. Second string qb hurts hand, sending in the third string qb who looked pretty good for a while, then throws one of his patented terrible interceptions when about to score.
    11. Etc, etc......

Epic fail.....

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post

2. Holtz refusing for three years to bench Smith in both bad blowouts and good blowouts and allowing the backup qb's playing time.
    3. The "special" teams are SO bad! Dropped perfect snap on punt at our own one yard line....piss poor punting when he did get it off.....missed chip shot FG....pourous coverage. UGH!
    8. A replay of the Mississippi State terrible snap fumble for a gigantic loss and turnover when about to score.
    10. Second string qb hurts hand, sending in the third string qb who looked pretty good for a while, then throws one of his patented terrible interceptions when about to score.
    11. Etc, etc......

Epic fail.....
    Let me see if I am tracking with you. You are saying it’s actually not that bad...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

11. Etc, etc......

Epic fail.....
    It was "Bad News Bears" wearing LA Tech uniforms last night. We continued giving Marshall one gift after another. The weirdest thing is, despite all these "Keystone cop" antics, we were still in the game until very late. I still don't think Marshall is that good. God knows we helped 'em out.

I've never said this before, but I really think I could have coached this LA Tech team to a win vs that Marshall team last night. They just weren't that good.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

11. Etc, etc......

Epic fail.....
    #2 is the one that perennially bugs me. When the game is in hand, I'd like to see the backup QB run at least a possession with the starting offense, since if the starter goes down that's who he's playing with. Then start subbing in back ups after that possession. This wait until the last possession, sub the whole offense, and only let the QB hand off the ball doesn't give them the real-world experience of running the offense that these opportunities could otherwise provide.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    #2 is the one that perennially bugs me. When the game is in hand, I'd like to see the backup QB run at least a possession with the starting offense, since if the starter goes down that's who he's playing with. Then start subbing in back ups after that possession. This wait until the last possession, sub the whole offense, and only let the QB hand off the ball doesn't give them the real-world experience of running the offense that these opportunities could otherwise provide.
    I agree.

And....if this was a multiple offense suspension, that means it was foreseeable and even more should have gone into making sure we had an acceptable alternative.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I remember Farlow's fumble as him catching the ball, holding it for a about a second, then basically throwing it away instead of trying to punt it.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

This calamity has been four years in the making and Holtz owns every single bit of it. For that whole time almost everybody here has commented on all the things that were so obviously wrong and yet they persisted. It’s true that in a few instances we were tricked by some achievements but they didn’t outweigh all the crap.

I’m not going to rehash it all but one thing that has stuck in my craw was Rattay not getting JMar straightened out. Now we know why and I think Holtz has protected Smith in way more ways than we ever suspected.

Now as it turns out Smith has shit in Holtz’s hands, ruined the season and added another black mark of under accomplishment to Holtz’s resume. If Skippy isn’t taking this personally then he’s a bigger woos than I already thought he was. If he doesn’t eat nails and spit out nuts and bolts these next two weeks then he’s not even a man.

All number 8 jerseys should be lockered and lost for all time, retire this one in an unfavorable way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    All number 8 jerseys should be lockered and lost for all time, retire this one in an unfavorable way.
    I think we should make the player who has underachieved the most each week wear 8 for the next game on the schedule. Seems like a good form of punishment and calling attention to half assery.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I've never said this before, but I really think I could have coached this LA Tech team to a win vs that Marshall team last night. They just weren't that good.
    It seems so much could be said about this, but I speechless. Maybe a “TWSS” would apply? No?
    I am willing to bet your offense would not be predictable.

+ Reply to Thread