+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insulting Frustrating Disrespectful to Us

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Insulting Frustrating Disrespectful to Us

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    The title says it all... whatever went down regarding the suspensions should be told to the fans. I’m not saying infinite detail should be said about exactly what these players did. What I am saying is that the process should be explained, the reasoning made known and the decision makers should be identified. This behind the black curtain stuff feels ultra privileged like the fans don’t matter. It’s bad PR and because of it, I’m that much closer to not renewing my 8 season tickets next year. We’re being blown off!
    You are 100% correct. I feel the same way you do.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    With all due respect, I'm sure you'll understand if some of us who give money to the program would prefer to hear it from someone other than some guy named PawDawg on a message board.
    Yeah, you know I'm all about defending our AD and his decisions.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    They didn't. Holtz closed practices because the suspensions were already set. Allen got QB1 reps all week.
    No, he just demoralized the entire fan base, took a loss he KNEW he was going to take in the biggest game of the year, made our team look like excrement on national TV and is on the verge of destroying our season.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Name me one school that releases public information about drug-test violations and suspensions. This stuff is always kept in house.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I’ll say this, what little fan base that remains is fragile. If Holtz doesn’t find a way to go into UAB and win, then go back to Marshall and win, we will see lows next year like we haven’t seen in sometime. People have come to expect a disastrous end to the season when it comes to Tech, and for good reason. That’s our specialty. 2012, 2014, 2016 and now 2019.
    I was a die hard Cubs fan for years. Watched every game without fail. When the debacle with Bartman happened in 2003, I walked away and haven’t looked back. Haven’t watched a game of baseball since. I’m getting very close to doing the same thing with Tech football. It’s getting harder to make that investment, both financial and emotional, when the results are the same year after year.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The thought of any casual fan has been gone for the last couple of years because of the exciting offense we have been Playing . We are starting to erode the diehard fan base which was only 5000 or so alumni strong in recent years.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Name me one school that releases public information about drug-test violations and suspensions. This stuff is always kept in house.
    If you can find one, you will probably be reading about the lawsuit against them for federal privacy law violations.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I would think FERPA would still come into play in that situation.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It’s not about Tech divulging personal information about the players involved, what they did or didn’t do. It is all about Tech explaining to their dwindling fan base the process of what they did, a timeline of Tech’s steps in response to whatever it was that was happening... Tech being the adult in the room and doing ALL they could to support and Drive the player to overcome the problem and be successful.

Just some examples of trying to do something to help a student athlete and offset the team being significantly weakened and the onset of chaos.

On (?) Player X violated Tech policy: “was counseled, required to attend awareness training, and was assigned a faculty mentor.”

On (?) Player X repeated the violation for a second time: “was counseled, received a written reprimand of continuing discipline, cautioned of consequences of repeated occurrence, faculty mentor was replaced, a team mate was added as a mentor, Player X was assigned weekly counseling sessions.”

On (?), (?), (?) and (?) faculty counselor reported to Tech administration updates to Player X’s conduct and participation in mentoring sessions. Repeated standard of expectations.

On (?) Player X repeated the violation for a third time and “was suspended”.

With essentially no trust or belief in Tech doing ALL they could for these players, the team and the fans, I want them to lay it out there. Them not doing so says they failed this situation even more than the players. Tech has resources to achieve the right results.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

It’s not about Tech divulging personal information about the players involved, what they did or didn’t do. It is all about Tech explaining to their dwindling fan base the process of what they did, a timeline of Tech’s steps in response to whatever it was that was happening... Tech being the adult in the room and doing ALL they could to support and Drive the player to overcome the problem and be successful.

Just some examples of trying to do something to help a student athlete and offset the team being significantly weakened and the onset of chaos.

On (?) Player X violated Tech policy: “was counseled, required to attend awareness training, and was assigned a faculty mentor.”

On (?) Player X repeated the violation for a second time: “was counseled, received a written reprimand of continuing discipline, cautioned of consequences of repeated occurrence, faculty mentor was replaced, a team mate was added as a mentor, Player X was assigned weekly counseling sessions.”

On (?), (?), (?) and (?) faculty counselor reported to Tech administration updates to Player X’s conduct and participation in mentoring sessions. Repeated standard of expectations.

With essentially no trust or belief in Tech doing ALL they could for these players, the team and the fans, I want them to lay it out there. Them not doing so says they failed this situation even more than the players. Tech has resources to achieve the right results.
    I completely understand your frustration, I am just not sure that is something they can legally do.

I am far from an apologists for this bunch; in fact I think they border on incompetence. But, in this case there is just too much exposure to openly talk about student discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I’ll say this, what little fan base that remains is fragile. If Holtz doesn’t find a way to go into UAB and win, then go back to Marshall and win, we will see lows next year like we haven’t seen in sometime. People have come to expect a disastrous end to the season when it comes to Tech, and for good reason. That’s our specialty. 2012, 2014, 2016 and now 2019.
    I was a die hard Cubs fan for years. Watched every game without fail. When the debacle with Bartman happened in 2003, I walked away and haven’t looked back. Haven’t watched a game of baseball since. I’m getting very close to doing the same thing with Tech football. It’s getting harder to make that investment, both financial and emotional, when the results are the same year after year.
    ........You forgot to include 2018, and our outstanding "last game" loss to a pitiful WKU team at home on Senior day.

Fantastic post. You are definitely the adult in the room on this issue. IMO, LA Tech's leadership has some explaining to do, and if they don't do it quickly, they are going to be in this alone.

Like many others here, I'm starting to second-guess my donations to LTAC, because I'm starting to not trust the leadership anymore.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Listened to a number of die-hard fans (contributing alumni) before church this morning discussing the situation. Consensus was that we need a new A.D.; PRONTO !!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Is that type of process SOP for other programs around the country? Meaning full disclosure of disciplinary process for any player infraction.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Is that type of process SOP for other programs around the country? Meaning full disclosure of disciplinary process for any player infraction.
    No. Absolutely not.

+ Reply to Thread