+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is he embarrassed now?

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Re: Is Jonathan Ford embarrassed now?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You could, you know, just ask him.
    I have. Yesterday.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Can you answer these three questions?

Who MANDATES the drug testing?
    Who ADMINISTERS the drug testing?
    Who DICTATES WHEN the drug testing must be done?

Thanks.
    JuBru posted the document in the second link in post #8 above.

It is NCAA-mandated year-round testing for Division I and II athletes.
    DFSI administers the testing as explained in the document.
    DFSI determines when testing happens and who is tested. Schools can have as much as two days' notice, and also can have no notice.

After reading the document, I believe if any tests were failed they would have been internal tests done outside the NCAA program because players are ruled ineligible for failing an NCAA-mandated test.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I have. Yesterday.
    Good. Seems more productive.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Good. Seems more productive.
    Wow! Someone is cranky today.

Since I have evidently hit a sensitive subject with you, I’ll ask you. Are you embarrassed by the actions of the offending players and/of the disaster that occurred Friday? Or are you embarrassed by fans who are not happy?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Wow! Someone is cranky today.

Since I have evidently hit a sensitive subject with you, I’ll ask you. Are you embarrassed by the actions of the offending players and/of the disaster that occurred Friday? Or are you embarrassed by fans who are not happy?
    I don’t see what one has to do with the other. Of course, I’m embarrassed when our players break the rules and don’t act in a way that honors our University.

Fans being unreasonable doesn’t embarrass me (though it should probably embarrass them).

Fanaticism is a double-edged sword. Lately, at least around here, we’ve skewed very negative...often when it’s not justified. That doesn’t embarrass me either.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

What is Tech's policy for a student athlete fails an internal test? And how does our policy compare with other universities?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Tech student athlete handbook linked on the website is three years old (2016-2017). The link for its ADAP (Athletic Department Assistance Program) policies found in that handbook does not work.

I have. Yesterday.
    Just read your tweets. I retract my statement about it being more productive.

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

On Sept. 15, Ford was very critical of Tech fans because of their criticism of QB1. His tweet text is below.

Is he now embarrassed about the disaster of the past 36 hours triggered by QB1, or will he follow the party line as dictated by the athletic department?

I wonder if he thinks Tech fans deserve better than the middle finger it has received, or does he still think we are just a bunch of malcontents.

My bet is that he and the BTB elites will choose not to upset the AD or Holtz.

Tweet:

”The #TechFamily’s treatment of QB1 embarrasses me. He’s thrown for over 800 yards and over a 68% completion rate with 5 touchdowns in 3 games. His only intereption was a tipped ball against Texas.

He deserves better #LATech fans, and we’re better than the way he’s been treated.“
    Ford doesnt have anything to do with BTB anymore. Hasnt for a while.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I'm not real happy that this thread publicly attacks a private fan.

We aren't happy when the BTB group looks down their noses at us, let's not do the same, please.

Pit this thread.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm not real happy that this thread publicly attacks a private fan.

We aren't happy when the BTB group looks down their noses at us, let's not do the same, please.

Pit this thread.
    AMEN!! Very typical of the most recent movement on this board.
    Fans that are strictly expressing more positives vs. negatives are slammed and some would like to shutdown their free speech as well.

Obviously I have disliked all of the negative for toward Tech and the ADM for years. Some redirection and change at the top of the ADM has been needed for sure and I have agreed. And there have been many, many good changes. Some on here live to slam fans, ADM, athletes and people we actually know (not stupid arse politicians). I have myself and shouldn't but have. But we should
    not go to such extremes on such a daily basis. You know who you are.

This thread is uncalled for! Period!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Exactly!!

AMEN!! Very typical of the most recent movement on this board.
    Fans that are strictly expressing more positives vs. negatives are slammed and some would like to shutdown there free speech.

Obviously I have disliked all of the negative for toward Tech and the ADM for years. Some redirection and change at the top of the ADM has been needed for sure and I have agreed. And there have been many, many good changes. Some on here live to slam fans, ADM, athletes and people we actually know (not stupid arse politicians). I have myself and shouldn't but have. But we should
    not go to such extremes on such a daily basis. You know who you are.

This thread is uncalled for! Period!
    Don't get me wrong. Those publicly accountable for this farce (the AD, the HC, the Pres) I will continue to call out. But if we're not directly arguing, then what is gained by behind the back sniping?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Don't get me wrong. Those publicly accountable for this farce (the AD, the HC, the Pres) I will continue to call out. But if we're not directly arguing, then what is gained by behind the back sniping?
    Agreed! And yes when we publicly (if ever)get the entire true story as well as those making this decision.

Tylertechsas and Blue Dawg, why is this thread uncalled for?

Ford made a broad swipe at Tech fans who were unhappy because of the QB situation. The QB situation took a drastic turn for the worse. I think it was a legitimate question. I think the disaster that has occurred over the past five days is much more embarrassing and damaging than the opinions / behavior of the fans who did not like the QB situation.

Y'all talk about free speech. NOT ONCE, did I say he or anyone else is not entitled to expressing his or her opinion. He expressed his opinion/feelings in a public manner, which at that moment made it open for debate. When a person does this, don't be surprised when he or she receives public feedback.

The irony of your argument is that while you are are crying about free speech, you are complaining about those who you view as too negative and you want access to their opinions restricted, or some cases, you want them removed. Remember freedom of speech goes both ways.

At the end of the day, though, what you and I say will not matter. But I do like the ability to be positive, negative or neutral if and when I choose to do so. And when I do, I am not going to apologize for it.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Ford was talking about J’Mar’s performance, not potential off the field issues. Who knew this suspension would happen? You can’t hold that over someone’s head.

+ Reply to Thread