+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is he embarrassed now?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Is Jonathan Ford embarrassed now?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Tylertechsas and Blue Dawg, why is this thread uncalled for?

Ford made a broad swipe at Tech fans who were unhappy because of the QB situation. The QB situation took a drastic turn for the worse. I think it was a legitimate question. I think the disaster that has occurred over the past five days is much more embarrassing and damaging than the opinions / behavior of the fans who did not like the QB situation.

Y'all talk about free speech. NOT ONCE, did I say he or anyone else is not entitled to expressing his or her opinion. He expressed his opinion/feelings in a public manner, which at that moment made it open for debate. When a person does this, don't be surprised when he or she receives public feedback.

The irony of your argument is that while you are are crying about free speech, you are complaining about those who you view as too negative and you want access to their opinions restricted, or some cases, you want them removed. Remember freedom of speech goes both ways.

At the end of the day, though, what you and I say will not matter. But I do like the ability to be positive, negative or neutral if and when I choose to do so. And when I do, I am not going to apologize for it.
    I'm not crying about free speech at all.

I think we ought to have some civility left. We complain about enough as it is.

I didn't like what Ford said. I thought he was wrong. I try to keep my opinions close to chest about other Tech fans expressing their privately held views.

I saw a bunch of people on the Facebook post expressing what I felt to be bootlicking opinions. Should we call them out by name here?

I agree with you that this is a disaster which only adds to the continual and unrelenting embarrassment of being a Tech fan. You engaged with Ford directly on Twitter and there's nothing wrong with that. If he were a regular on this board I might feel differently.

As it is, it feels cheap to hash it out here.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: Is he embarrassed now?

Ford’s comments are unrelated to this matter. It was performance based, earlier in the season. This is not necessary.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Ford’s comments are unrelated to this matter. It was performance based, earlier in the season. This is not necessary.
    ....Ford's comments --which he chose to broadcast widely on Twitter-- went after a segment of LA Tech's fans. As for Tech fans who didn't like J'Mar's performances, Ford specifically said "Plenty of Detractors of him, and it's pathetic". He also said "#TechFamily's treatment of QB1 embarrasses me".

Those are direct Twitter quotes from 9/15/2019. You do have to wonder if he's embarrassed now.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm not crying about free speech at all.

I think we ought to have some civility left. We complain about enough as it is.

I didn't like what Ford said. I thought he was wrong. I try to keep my opinions close to chest about other Tech fans expressing their privately held views.

I saw a bunch of people on the Facebook post expressing what I felt to be bootlicking opinions. Should we call them out by name here?

I agree with you that this is a disaster which only adds to the continual and unrelenting embarrassment of being a Tech fan. You engaged with Ford directly on Twitter and there's nothing wrong with that. If he were a regular on this board I might feel differently.

As it is, it feels cheap to hash it out here.
    Not at all embarrassed, personally

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Most of the people who were down on J'Mar were not down on him because he had a bad game or a bad start to a season. They were upset with 2-3 year of under performance, over protection from the HC, ad a generally poor attitude on the field. I hope he succeeds in life, and I am glad he was doing well enough for us to go on a run. This season could have been much worse than it is/will be. His climb up the stats is a combination of number of starts and the era of the game, not him being one of the great Tech QB's. A lot of those same people have watched most of the Tech QB's to have a direct comparison by era as well.

He is obviously entitle to his opinion and wants the hits on this account. He may think my criticism of QB1 is pathetic and that's is quite poetic because that is the word I have most often used to describe J'Mar's play and attitude for the majority of his tenure. So I guess we kind of agreed.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Not at all embarrassed, personally
    Agreed. I am not embarrassed. To think HS/College aged young men aren't going to F up is ridiculous. I am MAD that our success is never halted by an adversary on the field or in an academic field, but 70% is self inflicted and 30% straight BS from the legislature etc. in Baton Rouge.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I agree with you that this is a disaster which only adds to the continual and unrelenting embarrassment of being a Tech fan.
    I don't agree with that one.

+ Reply to Thread