+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is he embarrassed now?

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Is he embarrassed now?

On Sept. 15, Ford was very critical of Tech fans because of their criticism of QB1. His tweet text is below.

Is he now embarrassed about the disaster of the past 36 hours triggered by QB1, or will he follow the party line as dictated by the athletic department?

I wonder if he thinks Tech fans deserve better than the middle finger it has received, or does he still think we are just a bunch of malcontents.

My bet is that he and the BTB elites will choose not to upset the AD or Holtz.

Tweet:

”The #TechFamily’s treatment of QB1 embarrasses me. He’s thrown for over 800 yards and over a 68% completion rate with 5 touchdowns in 3 games. His only intereption was a tipped ball against Texas.

He deserves better #LATech fans, and we’re better than the way he’s been treated.“

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Is Jonathan Ford embarrassed now?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    On Sept. 15, Ford was very critical of Tech fans because of their criticism of QB1. His tweet text is below.

Is he now embarrassed about the disaster of the past 36 hours triggered by QB1, or will he follow the party line as dictated by the athletic department?

I wonder if he thinks Tech fans deserve better than the middle finger it has received, or does he still think we are just a bunch of malcontents.

My bet is that he and the BTB elites will choose not to upset the AD or Holtz.

Tweet:

”The #TechFamily’s treatment of QB1 embarrasses me. He’s thrown for over 800 yards and over a 68% completion rate with 5 touchdowns in 3 games. His only intereption was a tipped ball against Texas.

He deserves better #LATech fans, and we’re better than the way he’s been treated.“
    Do you know that we are the reason that he stressed out and had to hit the bong to calm himself down?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Maybe the next facility upgrade can be a safe space with all the bells and whistles.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I don't believe our AD and Holtz are on the same page here. Our AD has a boss (bosses). In this case I believe he acted according to the NCAA rules. Was Holtz asking for him/them to overlook the rules? I don't know that to be true, but somebody is out there spreading rumors that our AD and the athletic council were out to get Smith. That's an insane assumption.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

He can suck a lemon. You do the crime you pay the time. This isn't on anyone but the players. Timing sucks, but so did they when they inhaled.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I don't believe our AD and Holtz are on the same page here. Our AD has a boss (bosses). In this case I believe he acted according to the NCAA rules. Was Holtz asking for him/them to overlook the rules? I don't know that to be true, but somebody is out there spreading rumors that our AD and the athletic council were out to get Smith. That's an insane assumption.
    No way they would screw the team and fans like this “to get” anyone!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Every school is required to have a drug testing program. And this was no overnight situation as described already.

My only question is why the players weren't suspended immediately if they had previously tested positive. NCAA rules are what matter here, and there is ZERO tolerance for failing tests. Those NCAA rules aren't going to be changed no matter what is legal or not.

As much as I don't like Tommy-Boy, this isn't on him. Holtz gets blame for not getting the message across to his players. If Skippy is whining at all about the consequences, then that's on him too. But the ultimate responsibility is on the offenders, QB0 most of all.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Every school is required to have a drug testing program. And this was no overnight situation as described already.

My only question is why the players weren't suspended immediately if they had previously tested positive. NCAA rules are what matter here, and there is ZERO tolerance for failing tests. Those NCAA rules aren't going to be changed no matter what is legal or not.

As much as I don't like Tommy-Boy, this isn't on him. Holtz gets blame for not getting the message across to his players. If Skippy is whining at all about the consequences, then that's on him too. But the ultimate responsibility is on the offenders, QB0 most of all.
    The schools set there own rules. If they don’t follow those rules, it could lead to NCAA infractions

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Jonathan Ford is as good man. But he's young, and he apparently hasn't learned that you NEVER WIN when you call your fan base (i.e., customers, readers, watchers, listeners, patients, clients, etc...) ignorant and wrong. Let's hope he learns from this without having to be humbled.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    The schools set there own rules. If they don’t follow those rules, it could lead to NCAA infractions
    Tech's rules are that every athlete gets tested at the start of every school year. If the suspensions are for drug test failures related to the annually scheduled test, that is inexcusable and 100% on each player involved. Even if it is from a random test, players know that random testing is always performed.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

You could, you know, just ask him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Tech's rules are that every athlete gets tested at the start of every school year. If the suspensions are for drug test failures related to the annually scheduled test, that is inexcusable and 100% on each player involved. Even if it is from a random test, players know that random testing is always performed.
    Timing. It's all about the timing. The adults should have resolved this long before Week 12. Tech had two open dates this season and plenty of time to resolve this in-house stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Timing. It's all about the timing. The adults should have resolved this long before Week 12. Tech had two open dates this season and plenty of time to resolve this in-house stuff.
    If this is drug test related, Tech has no say on when testing is done and who gets tested in the random testing process. Players who fail tests are declared ineligible, not suspended.

Based on the latest information, I think the likelihood is the current situation is something completely different.

If this is drug test related, Tech has no say on when testing is done and who gets tested in the random testing process. Players who fail tests are declared ineligible, not suspended.

Based on the latest information, I think the likelihood is that situation is something completely different.
    Can you answer these three questions?

Who MANDATES the drug testing?
    Who ADMINISTERS the drug testing?
    Who DICTATES WHEN the drug testing must be done?

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread