+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bluejays Pull Away from Bulldogs Late

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bluejays Pull Away from Bulldogs Late

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Louisiana Tech men's basketball team got it to within one possession on multiple occasions in the second half, but Creighton hit timely shots late to hand the Bulldogs their first loss of the season, 82-72, on Saturday night in front of 16,919 inside the CHI Health Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Bluejays Pull Away from Bulldogs Late

Almost 17,000 fans to watch a basketball.

We haven't had that many at a football game this year.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Well, it wasn't the students that drove up the attendance figure. Their undergraduate enrollment (2016-17) was only 4,149.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

If we would have hit our free throws at a higher percentage, we could have beat them. There were several times that I thought we had the energy on some runs to take the lead, but every time we would get close, they would hit a three. It was a good game to watch, though!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    If we would have hit our free throws at a higher percentage, we could have beat them. There were several times that I thought we had the energy on some runs to take the lead, but every time we would get close, they would hit a three. It was a good game to watch, though!
    If, if, if. Seems like that’s what we’re always saying about Konkol’s team.

Same song, different verse.

I always feels like we’re so close to being a really good team. It’s frustrating.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

It was good to have Archibald back. No apparent issues for him getting right back in the flow of playing. That must have cost Williams though of his spot in the rotation.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    If, if, if. Seems like that’s what we’re always saying about Konkol’s team.

Same song, different verse.

I always feels like we’re so close to being a really good team. It’s frustrating.
    agree 100 percent. this team should have depth, should be able to push the pace and should be able to play a half court game because of the rare presence of talented, athletic bigs. but it is the same old thing. no identity, just like the milk toast coach. gosh, i just want him to grow a pair and get some fire to him...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Almost 17,000 fans to watch a basketball.

We haven't had that many at a football game this year.
    Oh brother. You are such a broken record.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Oh brother. You are such a broken record.
    Why does the truth bother you so much?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I thought we played well for the most part. We were down 13 at one point and pulled within 2. Creighton shot lights out from 3. We were 2-10 from 3 in the 2nd half.

There was a point in the game were we'd gone on a 13-3 run but 4 straight times we missed a 3-pointer. Had we made something, it could have been a different ballgame.

I also like how we did attack inside after their big men went out of the lineup (foul trouble and injury). It just wasn't enough, as they always hit a 3 to end any runs.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

After watching Konkols approach to offense for however long he's been at Tech, I've come to the conclusion that no matter who he has on the team the offensive approach never changes. I dont pretend to be a basketball guru but after watching the Creighton game I saw the same old approach. Pass once shoot the 3. Pull up after crossing half court shoot the 3. Spread and drive to the basket with your undersized guard who cant shoot over the 6'10" defender, oh and we still cant shoot free throws. Occasionally we work it inside, no pick and rolls, no inside outside game. If we had LeBron and Harden shooting the 3s no big deal, BUT WE DONT.
    Creighton was limited on inside depth and still outplayed us in the paint. Creighton was much better behind the 3 pt line, much better at team offense and they made most of their freed throws. With that said I thought we have more depth and perhaps better athletes but not better team basketball players.

Konkol seems to be a great guy and I'm rooting for his success but I think he needs to hire an offensive coordinator.

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

Archibald wasn't the player that missed last year with the heart thing, that was Christian.

TB

+ Reply to Thread