+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Uab -4

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Uab -4

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I still say we need to "Pay the man and his staff"! He has built something good after being given a bunch of JUCOs leaving and few HS signings on the team. That takes time. The issue I can't stand is the poor talent of QB's on the roster. This goes on Skip, those in charge of recruiting QBs and past coaches in charge of QB recruiting that left the last 3-4 years. Otherwise we won't even sniff 9-3, 10-2, 11-1 again for 5 years after he leaves.
    HELL NO! Don't pay Holtz another dime until he can get his players back on the field, they represent us with dignity, and they can win a conference championship. After that, we'll talk about it. If he doesn't like it, he can hit the door.

After the disappointing events of this past week, I question whether Holtz has really built anything. Our attendance is way down. Are we really even better than ULL in state? ULL has the same 8-2 record that we've got. Or how about ULM? ULM beat Grambling (31-9) a lot worse that we did, and played Florida State to OT.

We may just not be "all that".

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    HELL NO! Don't pay Holtz another dime until he can get his players back on the field, they represent us with dignity, and they can win a conference championship. After that, we'll talk about it. If he doesn't like it, he can hit the door.

After the disappointing events of this past week, I question whether Holtz has really built anything. Our attendance is way down. Are we really even better than ULL in state? Or how about ULM? ULM beat Grambling (31-9) a lot worse that we did, and played Florida State to OT.
    I agree, I want to see him control the program, allow his coaches to coach, win games he should and occasionally ones he shouldn’t, win conference, and at least be in serious consideration for NY6. How long is he under contract? Long enough to us to hide and watch him do this if he is capable.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Allen actually played much better in second half once Holtz loosened the reins and allowed him to throw something other than a screen. We drove the field, converted several 3rd downs on nice throws from Allen but stalled and kicked a fg to make it 17-10.

Marshall got several breaks on next drive-the catch that wasn’t a catch but didn’t get reviewed. Two egregious holds that were not called on the same play for a big run into red zone. Then our FR DE made a mistake and allowed the TD run. 24-10

Next possession, Allen and Henderson mostly drive down field inside 10 and snap goes over head. Ballgame. Allen cramps then Elliott comes in.

I wasn’t sure I wanted to rewatch but feel better about Allen and offense after quick review of second half. Holtz was far too conservative in first half as we all knew he would be.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Allen actually played much better in second half once Holtz loosened the reins and allowed him to throw something other than a screen. We drove the field, converted several 3rd downs on nice throws from Allen but stalled and kicked a fg to make it 17-10.

Marshall got several breaks on next drive-the catch that wasn’t a catch but didn’t get reviewed. Two egregious holds that were not called on the same play for a big run into red zone. Then our FR DE made a mistake and allowed the TD run. 24-10

Next possession, Allen and Henderson mostly drive down field inside 10 and snap goes over head. Ballgame. Allen cramps then Elliott comes in.

I wasn’t sure I wanted to rewatch but feel better about Allen and offense after quick review of second half. Holtz was far too conservative in first half as we all knew he would be.
    I agree with the above. Holtz reigned in Smith for two years. His groupies say it was to prevent an injury. I say it was because he is a control freak. Whatever the real reason, Hotlz got the word out that Tim Rattay was the problem. Sad that so many of our lemming fans believe him.

His refusal to allow his QB to play the game last Friday cost us as much as the silly mistakes.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

After the disappointing events of this past week, I question whether Holtz has really built anything. Our attendance is way down. Are we really even better than ULL in state? ULL has the same 8-2 record that we've got. Or how about ULM? ULM beat Grambling (31-9) a lot worse that we did, and played Florida State to OT.

Last year it was rumors of fights and discord in the locker room...this year it’s suspensions at the end of the year and before that it was players becoming academically ineligible for the championship. Holtz does a poor job of leading in the locker room.

Varsity Bulldog bubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around herebubdawg has turned a few heads around here bubdawg's Avatar

ULM is 4-6 & won’t go to a bowl. If we play U LA LA in a bowl we’ll beat them.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg View Post
    How can you be so sure? First of all, schedules vary, and I would argue that ULM has played a tougher schedule to date than us. Secondly, ULL has quietly done everything this season that we have, but without all the drama. I guarantee we couldn’t beat’em with that weak-armed QB we started against Marshall. Yes, I’m hoping his play gets better, because it’s just got to.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubdawg View Post
    Will we beat them, or anyone else? "Can we", and "will we" are very different questions. I am a TECH fan- I have learned once again to expect nothing. I actually had hope after beating Southern Miss this year- stupid me!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Last year it was rumors of fights and discord in the locker room...this year it’s suspensions at the end of the year and before that it was players becoming academically ineligible for the championship. Holtz does a poor job of leading in the locker room.
    Fights and discord by players even happen in the Pros muchness between 18-21 year old kids.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

I think we are the second best team in the state, and considering the ocean liners of cash that get funneled to Baton Rouge University compared to the jonboats of cash we get, I'm proud of Tech. Tulane...would be close to us on the football field, but how much is their football budget compared to ours? Plus, Tulane is has a law school and a medical school which equals way more wealthy alumni than an engineering (mostly) school alumni base.

As another Florida resident Tech alum and I were discussing off-forum yesterday, when you get outside of Louisiana, Tech has a very positive reputation, and people generally don't want to play us for their homecomings if you know what I mean. Within Louisiana, you have the purple and yellow
    bandwagoneers that like to sneer at Tech.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Fights and discord by players even happen in the Pros muchness between 18-21 year old kids.
    Exactly. And fights just show there is still some "fight" in 'em.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I think we are the second best team in the state, and considering the ocean liners of cash that get funneled to Baton Rouge University compared to the jonboats of cash we get, I'm proud of Tech. Tulane...would be close to us on the football field, but how much is their football budget compared to ours? Plus, Tulane is has a law school and a medical school which equals way more wealthy alumni than an engineering (mostly) school alumni base.

As another Florida resident Tech alum and I were discussing off-forum yesterday, when you get outside of Louisiana, Tech has a very positive reputation, and people generally don't want to play us for their homecomings if you know what I mean. Within Louisiana, you have the purple and yellow
    bandwagoneers that like to sneer at Tech.
    Amen!

+ Reply to Thread