+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Improvement is between week 1 and week 2

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Biggest Improvement is between week 1 and week 2

If you want J'Mar to stay on the bench for UTSA and whatever lies after, you better hope Allen turns it around this week.

I think it's POSSIBLE, but I'm not super optimistic. I was worried we would pucker in our play-calling and we seemed to. Once the defense figures out our run scheme, we have to be able to throw the ball.

To beat UAB, we'll need a great outing by our defense and we won't get one if we have too many 3 and outs.

What do you think?

Will Skip adjust the scheme? Will Allen use his feet more?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Biggest Improvement is between week 1 and week 2

It’ll be Elliot. Allen broke a bone in his hand.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It’ll be Elliot. Allen broke a bone in his hand.

Welp...I got nothing. Maybe UAB will implode.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

If after UAB we are still in running to play in CCG then J’Mar should play as he is our best option against UTSA, a CCG opponent, and a bowl game.

If all CCG hopes are gone after UAB game then I am indifferent. I guess let Elliot play the UTSA and Bowl game so he can at least have some significant game experience for next season as either the 2020 starter or a backup.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post

If all CCG hopes are gone after UAB game then I am indifferent. I guess let Elliot play the UTSA and Bowl game so he can at least have some significant game experience for next season as either the 2020 starter or a backup.
    And I guess I should add...may God have mercy on our souls and program!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

And I guess I should add...may God have mercy on our souls and program!
    Should have led with that.

Puppy jwhollis is an unknown

Who backs up Elliot? Why do we have no depth at QB?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    If you want J'Mar to stay on the bench for UTSA and whatever lies after, you better hope Allen turns it around this week.

I think it's POSSIBLE, but I'm not super optimistic. I was worried we would pucker in our play-calling and we seemed to. Once the defense figures out our run scheme, we have to be able to throw the ball.

To beat UAB, we'll need a great outing by our defense and we won't get one if we have too many 3 and outs.

What do you think?

Will Skip adjust the scheme? Will Allen use his feet more?
    I hope I am wrong, but this season you can probably stick a fork in at this point. I would personally like for him to sit or be gone, but I don't expect that will happen. Either way, I will have to expectations for him to make us better. If you don't care enough about the team not to do that, why will you care enough to play hard when you come back? I hope I am proven wrong, but I certainly will not be worried about spending money to find out. I have season tickets, so I will likely be at the UTSA game, but anything after that doesn't really interest me if it costs money.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

I'm stunned at how fast this season has gone down the toilet. If Elliot can stay away from throwing ints then we will be no worse off than if Allen started. Neither are ready to lead us to a W against UAB. We will need 250 yds rushing, +3 in turnovers, and our best defensive performance of the year to have a chance. Since, no red shirts can be burned at this point in the season, Im sure our true freshman QB will be our lone backup. WHAT IF he's another Luke McCown. Remember Luke got called into actions I believe his freshman year (someone correct me if Im wrong?) and look how that turned out. Also, Jmar Im sue will finish the season after this game, and Tech fans will NOT CARE. We most assuredly will need another bowl game somewhere far away cuz Tech fans will not be interested after this cluster - OH how things change quickly. From a possible CUSA championship to the Go Auto Who Gives a s*** bowl - the Rockstars final tour.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jwhollis View Post
    Who backs up Elliot? Why do we have no depth at QB?
    This topic has been beaten to death over the last 5 years but the answer is one or both of:

1. Skip can't recruit and/or develop QB talent
    2. Skip runs off any QB talent that we do recruit

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

If after UAB we are still in running to play in CCG then J’Mar should play as he is our best option against UTSA, a CCG opponent, and a bowl game.

we will be in running to play CCG no matter what.

USM (5-1) has WKU & FAU - neither will be easy
    UAB (4-2) has to play @UNT - the Mean Green will probably be playing for bowl eligibility in Mason Fine's final game.

If we're tied with USM, then we have head-to-head tiebreaker

If it's a three-way tie, then it gets confusing

Tiebreaker
    1. Highest regular season winning percentage based on overall Conference USA play.
    2. If tied, head-to-head between tied teams. Currently Tech over USM, USM over UAB
    3. If still tied, highest winning percentage within division. Tech 4-0, USM 5-1, UAB 4-1
    4. If still tied, compare records against divisional opponents in descending order of finish.
    5. If still tied, compare records with common cross-divisional opponents.
    6. If still tied, compare records against cross-divisional opponents in descending order of finish.
    7. If still tied, team with highest (College Football Playoff) ranking.
    8. If still tied, the representative will be the team that has not participated in the championship game most recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    This topic has been beaten to death over the last 5 years but the answer is one or both of:

1. Skip can't recruit and/or develop QB talent
    2. Skip runs off any QB talent that we do recruit
    We've got the true Freshman and then a kid who's a WR now, but played QB in high school (can't remember his name). Wish Elijah Walker had stuck around.

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

If we lose out, our bowl chances may go up in smoke, too. (Pun intended.) We could find ourselves in the boat ULL was in back in 2008 where the bowls get to choose which team is more attractive. Our best hope - if we lose out - will be if there are more bowl openings than available teams.
    Last edited by dawg1984; 11-18-2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: gotta spell check before posting.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Put jakson Thomson in and let it fly

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Put jakson Thomson in and let it fly
    I totally agree. Especially if the INTs start coming.

• Rated as a 3-star recruit by both 247sports.com and Rivals.com.
    • Recruited by Tulane, Syracuse, Florida Atlantic, New Mexico State and Akron.
    • Twice named District MVP for the Wildcats during his prep days.
    • Set school records for completions (422) and passing touchdowns (51), while also throwing for 5,813 yards.

+ Reply to Thread