+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: J.C. Love Field Demolition

The exterior has a few material elements of the DAC. Similar gray panels.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

Watched the new Tech Talk with Tommy McClelland.

I assume its a newer rendering of the stadium. Not many design changes except for some cosmetics:

- Change of facade on columns and outer support structures with brick (I like the columns, looks like our pillars around campus)
    - Entrance pathway is no longer brick pathway (better contrast with the brick on the stadium)
    - Design change to the roof tops of the outer structures
    - Newer rendering doesn't have a fence in the entry, but I image we will have one.

Attachment 14510

I enjoyed that Tech Talk session. And I especially enjoyed the video clips of some of those exciting finishes in the old Love Shack. Good stuff.

I think it was Dawg80 who remarked a few weeks ago that our timing for the baseball stadium rebuild couldn't have come at a better time for our program. The fact that baseball won't be played in 2020 makes it a great time for a facility rebuild.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I enjoyed that Tech Talk session. And I especially enjoyed the video clips of some of those exciting finishes in the old Love Shack. Good stuff.

I think it was Dawg80 who remarked a few weeks ago that our timing for the baseball stadium rebuild couldn't have come at a better time for our program. The fact that baseball won't be played in 2020 makes it a great time for a facility rebuild.
    This China virus has slowed the rebuild down not helped. It’s even more doubtful that we will be ready February or March of ‘21

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    This China virus has slowed the rebuild down not helped. It’s even more doubtful that we will be ready February or March of ‘21
    remains to be seen. You would think with an opportunity to work with 1/3 of the economy not working would go without saying. Work within the guidelines of social distancing and everything should be ok.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    remains to be seen. You would think with an opportunity to work with 1/3 of the economy not working would go without saying. Work within the guidelines of social distancing and everything should be ok.
    I've worked a LOT of construction jobs over the years. "social distancing" is not possible unless you are an equipment operator, supervisor, or state employee.

I've noticed several state jobs here in Ouachita Parish are shut down. I assumed they would shut down our stuff as well.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

They updated the renderings. More brick look of our facilities.

https://latechsports.com/?fbclid=IwAR32B-7wYNfOuQWCOyEQ-p1HwkJ0pzFXWn9vsA8_ObsAVUEWlJILhZLtdZU

Softball

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    They updated the renderings. More brick look of our facilities.

https://latechsports.com/?fbclid=IwAR32B-7wYNfOuQWCOyEQ-p1HwkJ0pzFXWn9vsA8_ObsAVUEWlJILhZLtdZU

Much better! It really will match campus much better with the brick. It'll look really nice next to the apartments, aesthetically its a great fit. The stadium from the viewpoint of the field still seems lackluster to me, but the facade makes up for it now.

The only thing I see they really value engineered was the Women's Complex. What used to be a enclosed building on the backside is now a covered patio.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Really? That's funny. Construction is still going o in my neighborhood fast and furious.

Really? That's funny. Construction is still going o in my neighborhood fast and furious.
    Texas is a great place!

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Your Governor believes in trying to keep the economic engine running, unlike Governor Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Your Governor believes in trying to keep the economic engine running, unlike Governor Edwards.
    our governor has to deal with the idiots in New Orleans.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Would like to see a few more trees.

our governor has to deal with the idiots in New Orleans.
    Our governor is doing all he can to prop up a fellow Democrat who is mayor of New Orleans.

+ Reply to Thread