+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Varsity Bulldog TDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the rough TDAWG's Avatar

Re: J.C. Love Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    At the very end of the video (or end of the 3rd base line), why are there no windows on the side of that last building? (Coaches offices?) Seem like they could have taken advantage of the views from that building for whatever is inside.
    That is the indoor practice facility. Windows down low and flying baseballs don't mix very well.
    TDAWG

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

At the very end of the video (or end of the 3rd base line), why are there no windows on the side of that last building? (Coaches offices?) Seem like they could have taken advantage of the views from that building for whatever is inside.
    Training facility. Coaches office is above the last set of bleachers on the right.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
    That is the indoor practice facility. Windows down low and flying baseballs don't mix very well.
    I knew someone was going to say that, but I also assumed that everyone knows --just like I do-- that there's non-breakable glass for such things.........

That building just seems a little weird....kind of "prison looking"........

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The grandstand will pop when the seats are installed. Hope they ordered baseball green seats.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TDAWG View Post
    My understanding, and assumption, is that there will be protective netting all the way down to where the larger, black poles are. Basically, it will be like MLB has done in recent years. You will see these black poles down both the 1B & 3B line.

Also, before anyone asks, qng001 will tell you in the next post what the "up light" looking things are which are located on each light pole. I used to believe they were lights pointed up to better see fly balls, but qng001 apparently has the inside scoop that we will be hosting some dance parties at The Love Shack!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    My understanding, and assumption, is that there will be protective netting all the way down to where the larger, black poles are. Basically, it will be like MLB has done in recent years. You will see these black poles down both the 1B & 3B line.

Also, before anyone asks, there are up lights located on each light pole to provide light into the sky for better seeing fly balls. At least that is what I believe they are.
    I think we got the "Show-Light™ Entertainment Packages" from Musco Lighting

https://www.musco.com/show-light/

Demo

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

.....the JC Love Field baseball seating looks very small to me.......
    That's because it is.

At a minimum the grandstand seating should have been at least 50% more than it will be to make it comparable to what the old stadium had. Berm seating should be for overflow, not for primary seating. There needed to be at least five more rows of seats all the way around at the top of what has been built. The sightlines were great near the top of the old grandstand, and that is totally lost in the new configuration.

The space limitation that has caused the seating limitation was always the most compelling reason for needing a new site. Unfortunately we are stuck with this long-term.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The grandstand will pop when the seats are installed. Hope they ordered baseball green seats.
    Blue seats. Done deal.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

I knew someone was going to say that, but I also assumed that everyone knows --just like I do-- that there's non-breakable glass for such things.........

That building just seems a little weird....kind of "prison looking"........
    There are high windows on the east and north side, probably to provide some natural light. Will be a lot easier to control temperature in the big open room without windows facing south or west. Did a little google work and not seeing many windows in most collegiate indoor training facility main practice areas....I assume there's a reason. If the building were at a prison, I might think it was "prison looking". But it's at a collegiate athletic facility and looks similar to a lot of other large athletic training facilities...so it looks like a training facility to me.

But I haven't done a lot of jail time so maybe you've got that on me.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I think we got the "Show-Light™ Entertainment Packages" from Musco Lighting

https://www.musco.com/show-light/

Demo
    Well, that’s impressive and a lot cooler than up lighting for fly balls!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    There are high windows on the east and north side, probably to provide some natural light. Will be a lot easier to control temperature in the big open room without windows facing south or west. Did a little google work and not seeing many windows in most collegiate indoor training facility main practice areas....I assume there's a reason. If the building were at a prison, I might think it was "prison looking". But it's at a collegiate athletic facility and looks similar to a lot of other large athletic training facilities...so it looks like a training facility to me.

But I haven't done a lot of jail time so maybe you've got that on me.
    ....Well, I never dreamed that our leadership was stupid enough to screw up the new baseball stadium, but.......it looks like that's exactly what happened.

I guess I can overlook the Prison cell in left field, but honestly, the number of seats looks like something in a Pony League, or a little league stadium. Seriously, HOW do you screw THAT up? The government goes to all the trouble to give us a big azz check to build a nice, new Baseball stadium, and our leadership can't even do THAT right. Very disappointing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I posted last year we had a chance to really, really make a statement and build an awesome baseball stadium/park. Well, we made a statement alright...

Too bad we have no one with any vision who is in charge.

But, hopefully we'll have a great team playing in this stadium. And, that is possible with scheduling! Just schedule a great team to come play us!

Varsity Bulldog TDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the roughTDAWG is a jewel in the rough TDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I posted last year we had a chance to really, really make a statement and build an awesome baseball stadium/park. Well, we made a statement alright...

Too bad we have no one with any vision who is in charge.

But, hopefully we'll have a great team playing in this stadium. And, that is possible with scheduling! Just schedule a great team to come play us!
    EXACTLY what do you think should have been done differently. I know that HogDog wants more seats and qng001 wants green seats, but what else meets HogDog's assessment that "our leadership was stupid enough to screw up the new baseball stadium"? I think it will be great and something MOST of us will be proud of.
    TDAWG

I think we did the best we could do building in the same location. It's a nice facility. I'm not upset just suggesting.

As for future growth, we are pretty locked in there. The capacity is fine for now. I hope Dr Wood would focus on bringing fans back to our campus. TMac did little in increasing overall attendance for football and basketball. All he cared about are those few marquee games for photo ops. If and when we start selling out at JC, we should look at the next phase on expansion.

Also, the build for our new facilities are going up pretty quickly. Thanks to Adam McGuirt, we need to keep him forever.

+ Reply to Thread