+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

Re: J.C. Love Field Construction

I would have liked to seen something special also BUT I also want the dawgs back on the field sooner rather than later. It will have been almost 2 years since the tornado when the dawgs hit the field. The plan that's being built was available maybe 6 months after the tornado. That's with using "cookie cutter" parks to plan after. If a unique plan was created your looking at a 12 month planning period. So that now puts baseball back to hoping for a 2022 season. I think what is being built is awesome.. Would I have rather something unique....yes. It would have been different if the park was being built at a different location and the bulldogs had their home field they could play in until something else was built. That luxury just wasn't there. So I am excited with what's going there and cant wait to bring my kids to a ballgame. I have no complaints with the new facility at all. Go dawgs.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I think Adam addressed a lot of stuff we didn't have before. We went from an obsolete relic to a modern era college stadium. If we were given the opportunity to built it at a larger site, we would had more flexibility on layout.

The ball park is locked in on the corner of two major streets, a railroad behind it, and a fire lane that is necessary for the dorm (with no street access). A lot of limitation on space.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I have wrestled with how to respond to the posters who don't like what's being done with the baseball field. Many recent comments have kind of laid me low. But what I write in response ends up being too long. So I end up with this:

Most (all?) of you guys probably don't have enough facts to make the statements you've made. But make the accusations and demeaning comments you have. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not going to be surprised if down the road you learn something about the processes and projects where you end up saying, "Oh, I didn't know "that" when I made this or that comment."

What is the appeal of running a situation down when, for crying out loud, we're getting tremendous facilities for about 50 cents on the dollar? People like Adam McGuirt have lived with this for months to come up with the best facilities possible. But you can't trust them to have an adequate brain in their collective heads to weigh the trade-offs and make the best choices? Do you seriously believe stadium seating didn't get painstakingly evaluated? Is posting a "knowledgeable" comment that important?

I'm taking a break until after the baseball stadium is open.

Tenacious
    ...TD, it's probably a really good idea for you to take that break you mentioned. Because you sound like you're taking this too personally. Please remember, you don't own this new stadium, and neither does Adam McGuirt. WE ALL DO! As LA Tech fans, LTAC members, season-ticket holders, athletic supporters and taxpayers, I like to think that we all have a financial and emotional stake in this endeavor. ...BECAUSE WE REALLY DO. So, please pardon me when I say I'm not concerned with you not liking my comment about the lack of seating in the new stadium, rather I'm more concerned that you took something so trivial, so personal. IMO, the seating issue is an obvious flaw, so it probably won't be the last time you hear it. So, buy yourself some ear muffs when those nasty Southern Miss fans come to town.
    I
    Also, I'm sure Adam McGuirt is a great guy. But if Adam wasn't doing this work, one of about 500 other people would be doing it. I'm sure Adam is not donating his time for free, he gets payed to be there. So, enough of that.

TD, I sincerely appreciate you as a loyal Tech fan, and as a good person. You also give a lot of good insight about many topics here on B&B. But please remember, we're talking about stadium seating here, not your personal house, or your family. We're all members of this Tech family, so I like to think that we can be candid with each other about what we like or don't like about the new stadium. And perhaps you're right; maybe at some point someone will likely mention something about the new stadium that we don't know today, and it just might change how we view everything.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Seating Chart is release

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

Drove by this morning. Rolls of turf for baseball field have been unloaded in the parking lot across the street from stadium.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Seating Chart is release

Not a true seating chart without individual seats being shown. Guess they want to hide the actual number of available seats as long as possible.

On the link on facebook page it take you to the page and it lists the exact number of seats available for each and the price.

https://latechsports.com/news/2021/1...N2_1H80c_iZ5sM

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    On the link on facebook page it take you to the page and it lists the exact number of seats available for each and the price.

https://latechsports.com/news/2021/1...N2_1H80c_iZ5sM
    1,031 home plate chairbacks
    254 third base chairbacks
    75 first base GA
    50 tailgate tent tickets (10 per tent)
    1,410 total

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jellidawg View Post
    1,031 home plate chairbacks
    254 third base chairbacks
    75 first base GA
    50 tailgate tent tickets (10 per tent)
    1,410 total
    I think those numbers are what's still available. The original release had a capacity of 2500.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I think those numbers are what's still available. The original release had a capacity of 2500.
    Are you saying we have then already sold almost 1100? If so thats absolutely fantastic.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

My parents got 4 third base chairback season tickets and our names will be on them. It was a family gift from my parents to me and my brother. That leads me to believe that the report is available seats, not total seats.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    My parents got 4 third base chairback season tickets and our names will be on them. It was a family gift from my parents to me and my brother. That leads me to believe that the report is available seats, not total seats.
    My information is that there are 1285 seats. 1031 home plate and 254 out by third base. The berm (standing, sitting, etc) is designated as general admission with a 75 person capacity. There are five canopy spots, each assigned a 10 person capacity. There is an ace in the hole though whereby the berm can be replaced by bleacher seats very easily if ever needed. Thus, just have to wait and see how many show up to tell whether or not a mistake was made.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    My information is that there are 1285 seats. 1031 home plate and 254 out by third base. The berm (standing, sitting, etc) is designated as general admission with a 75 person capacity. There are five canopy spots, each assigned a 10 person capacity. There is an ace in the hole though whereby the berm can be replaced by bleacher seats very easily if ever needed. Thus, just have to wait and see how many show up to tell whether or not a mistake was made.
    Is this a COVID-related cap for 2021?

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    That berm seating down first base line seems unnecessary while keeping and upgrading the hill behind right field.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I can count the number of games that exceeded 1500 (actual) on one hand over the last 40 years...yeah we need 2000 plus seats. Looks bad to have empty seats in big games...see USM and Rice

+ Reply to Thread