+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: J.C. Love Field Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    They updated the renderings. More brick look of our facilities.

https://latechsports.com/?fbclid=IwAR32B-7wYNfOuQWCOyEQ-p1HwkJ0pzFXWn9vsA8_ObsAVUEWlJILhZLtdZU

Oh God no!! uncovered bleachers? No, no, no! That's stupid. Ugly design, stupid design. big FAILURE!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Really? That's funny. Construction is still going o in my neighborhood fast and furious.
    The exterior of my home is being remodeled with addition, as well. They have continued to work, but bring only 3 at a time. They are keeping their social distance while working, as each is assigned to different areas. One exception is a husband and wife that are working together shetrocking and painting the interior of the addition. Seems smart to me. They stay working and getting paid, plus they are sticking with social distancing.

Puppy LyleK is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Our governor is doing all he can to prop up a fellow Democrat who is mayor of New Orleans.
    Or put another way, Governor does his job supporting the region that will run out of hospital beds by next week.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The exterior of my home is being remodeled with addition, as well. They have continued to work, but bring only 3 at a time. They are keeping their social distance while working, as each is assigned to different areas. One exception is a husband and wife that are working together shetrocking and painting the interior of the addition. Seems smart to me. They stay working and getting paid, plus they are sticking with social distancing.
    I have a husband-wife team of contractors too. They are too slow for me. I'll swing by the property and maybe one of them is there...where's ____ I ask. Oh, he/she had to go check on so-n-so, or if they are both there I find them taking two-hour lunches, music on...like they're having a picnic or something. I've used them before, actually have since 2013 on many of my properties, but before his brother would also be part of the team, now he's retired for good.

There is a HUGE need for contractors who can do skilled labor. Carpenters, plumbers, electricians, general contractors, etc...and for heavier work like tree cutting, dirt/gravel contractors, with a dozer, and others. I know I can/will keep several such folks working around here!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LyleK View Post
    Or put another way, Governor does his job supporting the region that will run out of hospital beds by next week.
    i hate to admit it, but i think i prefer him over the alternative we had. Abraham probably was uniquely qualified for the current situation though.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

You sound a little dramatic. Here's the latest stats according to the Fake News Network a/k/a CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...aps-and-cases/

According to that link, Louisiana has 2,746 cases of Corona Virus as of now, and has had 119 deaths. And not everyone gets hospitalized. According to the CDC site below, through March 16th, only 12% of Americans with diagnosed Coronavirus were hospitalized. That's something the media and our "medical professionals" won't tell ya. Just like victims of the flu, thankfully, not everyone needs or requires hospitalization.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You sound a little dramatic. Here's the latest stats according to the Fake News Network a/k/a CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...aps-and-cases/

According to that link, Louisiana has 2,746 cases of Corona Virus as of now, and has had 119 deaths. And not everyone gets hospitalized. According to the CDC site below, through March 16th, only 12% of Americans with diagnosed Coronavirus were hospitalized. That's something the media and our "medical professionals" won't tell ya. Just like victims of the flu, thankfully, not everyone needs or requires hospitalization.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm
    I’m not going to explain exponential growth to you because I’ve been lurking long enough to know you’re smarter than that. 773 currently hospitalized with 270 of those on ventilators in the state and the majority of those are in Orleans and Jefferson. That number will grow at noon. Also, that’s 28% of diagnosed patients ending up in the hospital in the state of Louisiana (2,746). There’s a reason they’re setting up the convention center to house patients and it’s not to own conservatives. My only point is it’s tiring to politicize every damn thing. This is a lot more important than the progress on our baseball stadium regardless of how you feel about my emotional response.

Bottom line, I own an essential business with two locations. One employee currently in the hospital. This doesn’t feel real to people until someone you know has it. It’s real, it’s here and we should do our part to protect the vulnerable.

Bottom line, I own an essential business with two locations. One employee currently in the hospital. This doesn’t feel real to people until someone you know has it. It’s real, it’s here and we should do our part to protect the vulnerable.
    Welcome to BB&B.

If you're game we have a long discussion(s) on the Political Forum. But, let me warn you about a few of our more goofy posters...G, J, C...to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Welcome to BB&B.

If you're game we have a long discussion(s) on the Political Forum. But, let me warn you about a few of our more goofy posters...G, J, C...to name a few.
    Thank you for the welcome. I’ve been around, just stayed out of the fray. HD, for the record, I find myself agreeing with your point of view more times than not. I wish you all health and sanity during this time. Trust me, I know I need it as well.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

This thread should remain about future athletic construction. Let's keep political stuff of it before someone shows up with links from google in various, gigantic fonts and colors showing the 87th new deep state plot of this year has been uncovered.

Those links will be acceptable though, if they are attributed to....

.......the deep state McClelland, the Southland Conference and Pepsi have created to bring down the fall of LaTech and its facilities!!!

Did Pepsi help create the tornado destruction? How many Pepsi bottles and trucks did you see destroyed by the tornadoes? Where has Pepsi been since the tornado? We never had a tornado during Coke's reign.
    Why isn't Pepsi answering any questions???

Tommy comes has background from two different Southland schools. Tech left the Southland many years ago to reach higher peaks. Are they jealous of Tech's success? Did Southland do backroom deals to put a henchman in our program to sabotage it???

What was the last game played before the tornado? ...... At Tommy's old stomping grounds and Southland flagship program, McNeese state!!!

Where did we play less than a week after? ........At Tommy's Southland Alma Mater and flagship program, NSU!!! ....Quite the coincidence, isn't it? Almost too perfect!!!

Were they rubbing it in our faces??? Why hasn't Tommy publicly commented about Southland involvement?? Why hasn't McCelland ruled out these possibilities and openly started an investigation??? Why has the Southland Conference been so quiet???

DID PEPSI FUND THIS SABOTAGE WITH THE OFFSHORE BLUE BALL ACCOUNTS AND RESERVES???

Why do Pepsi and the Southland conference hate the ELITE culture we have and why do they want to DESTROY it????

All questions to make you think.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to you LyleK!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh God no!! uncovered bleachers? No, no, no! That's stupid. Ugly design, stupid design. big FAILURE!
    How many bleachers should be covered in your opinion?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Thank you for the welcome. I’ve been around, just stayed out of the fray. HD, for the record, I find myself agreeing with your point of view more times than not. I wish you all health and sanity during this time. Trust me, I know I need it as well.
    No harm, no foul. Welcome to BB&B, Lyle. I've tried to stick strictly with the verifiable statistics (including source links) anytime I discuss the affects of COVID-19 here on BB&B. According to the story below, "as of Wednesday, Louisiana has a total bed capacity of 22,142, but less than 10,000 of those beds were available. Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines parishes, which account for the majority of COVID-19 cases in the state, had only 1,375 beds still available Wednesday".

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/h...6-986f323464e2

For an MSA of approximately 1.5M people, having a total of only 4,327 hospital beds does seem absurdly low. And they say 35% of those --roughly 1,500 beds-- are available. Anyway, that's what they say in this story.

https://www.fox8live.com/2020/03/20/zurik-new-orleans-area-has-hospital-beds-available-cases-continue-soar/

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    How many bleachers should be covered in your opinion?
    Most of them, at least out to 1st and 3rd bases.

Looked at that rendering again. Why are the bleachers so shallow...it's like no more than 12 rows or so. Stack 'em behind homeplate as much as possible.

Look, studying the drawings again, this sorry-excuse of a design cannot be saved. Tear it up and start over.

+ Reply to Thread