+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: J.C. Love Field Construction

Only the color of the seats are a problem to me. We keep fixing things that aren't broken, but that's what our goof ball AD liked to do. Fletcher's approval/disapproval means nothing to me.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I still dislike the blue seats for baseball but I know that Adam went to bat hard for the green in both stadiums and was out voted...

The ticket office really worked well with me in adding one additional seat to my order and making sure I was as close to the exact location as I was in the old stadium
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If we didn't express opinions, which are bound to differ time to time, then we would be left with the BOTS and maybe someone posting, "Hey, we have a new baseball stadium." To which someone else might reply, "I agree, it is new."

Would make for a boring message board.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

What is the problem with Blue over Green? Baseball tradition?

By asking I'm clearing showing that baseball tradition is something I'm largely ignorant about (pretty sure most of my posts in the Gravy Board start with a disclaimer like this).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Baseball AND elayeTECH tradition

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

ARKANSAS

OLE MISS

MISS STATE

LSU

TAMU
    [/QUOTE]

These are fine examples of what a school can do with a $40-50 million conference distribution each year.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I still dislike the blue seats for baseball but I know that Adam went to bat hard for the green in both stadiums and was out voted...
    You’re more invested, and much more of a baseball guy than I...I wouldn’t have noticed the seat colors.

Question the above raises to me, who at Tech gets to see comment on, or mark up and approve the firm’s concept, 25%, 70% (or whatever increments they use) and approved the final design?

Is it the faculty athletic committee?? If so, eh...

You get a total, multi-generational, do-over, seems like there would’ve been more more of a chance to review the design and accept some comments from the hoi polloi

I think it’s going to be a bad ass park, just saying.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I can’t wait to see it and experience the Dawgs at their new park.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Trees can't be planted...?
    The whole campus needs some new trees planted. If they're not being removed because of construction, they're dying.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    What is the problem with Blue over Green? Baseball tradition?
    No real problem, green just looks better and is traditional baseball seating color.

Also, it would let our people pop out more instead of fading into the background.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Question the above raises to me, who at Tech gets to see comment on, or mark up and approve the firm’s concept, 25%, 70% (or whatever increments they use) and approved the final design?
    I think this was a T-Mac call basically and maybe a Davison and other big booster call

My main problem with the blue and red over the green (outside of baseball tradition) is the fade factor on the seats after a period of time - basically to pink and light blue

Like I've said - out side of that, I think they got the ballpark right

No complete overhang doesn't bother

Egress and access seem much improved

Concession and bathroom facility much improved

True seating much improved

Amenities for players - no comparison
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Pretty impressed that we went with the higher end materials (FieldTurf) and lighting (Musco Lighting). The Louisiana company GeoSurfaces (who installed the last baseball turf and provided the lights to the Joe) didn't win the bid I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Pretty impressed that we went with the higher end materials (FieldTurf) and lighting (Musco Lighting). The Louisiana company GeoSurfaces (who installed the last baseball turf and provided the lights to the Joe) didn't win the bid I guess.
    That company did not have the best product. They had the best friends, one of which was our AD.

FieldTurf was not given a chance to bid on the last baseball/softball installation after having taken great care of us on past projects.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That company did not have the best product. They had the best friends, one of which was our AD.

FieldTurf was not given a chance to bid on the last baseball/softball installation after having taken great care of us on past projects.
    And the field lights are being totally replaced by manufacturer at their warranty expense. Lost candle power brightness (dropooff) in last couple of years has become unacceptable.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    And the field lights are being totally replaced by manufacturer at their warranty expense. Lost candle power brightness (dropooff) in last couple of years has become unacceptable.
    You referring to the lights at the Joe?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

yep
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread