+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Puppy Windshield9 seems to have something between the earsWindshield9 seems to have something between the earsWindshield9 seems to have something between the earsWindshield9 seems to have something between the earsWindshield9 seems to have something between the earsWindshield9 seems to have something between the earsWindshield9 seems to have something between the ears

Re: J.C. Love Field Construction

Any idea when single game tickets will be sold?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Windshield9 View Post
    Any idea when single game tickets will be sold?
    When the governor allows it.

There were plenty of free seats in left field last weekend. Great view from there. Just bring a chair. Get there early for the Arkansas series games.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’m pretty sure you got my point that summer sun and sufficient temperatures will be here before June.
    Love Shack traditionally doesn't get hot in the day until late April. When the sun goes down it's rather cool until then, thanks to all that concrete slow to warming.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog LATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really nice LATECH87's Avatar

Any updated pics of the outside of the stadium and surrounding area for us out of town folks?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Even though I know it’s not fully complete, I’m curious to hear what peoples opinions are of the new stadium now that we’ve had a chance to be in it. My own would be the concern that the overhead roof isn’t extended enough to cover most of the fans from the summer sun and in games where there’s a light rain falling the game will continue but the fans will either have to head for cover or raise umbrellas which is always problematic. Another thing I hope improves quickly, but perhaps understandably isn’t quite right yet is the video board statistic upkeep of the player stats and pitching MPH. My last point is rather trivial maybe but it still seems of poor design and therefore a waste of money is that the chair arms aren’t long enough for both your arms and your cup. Now you have to set your drink on the ground to rest your arms.
    My guess is that it will not be totally complete till after the season -

Covering - is a non-issue, love the sun on a Sunday after, after Saturday with time change it will still be a non-issue - it has the feel of an upper level minor league park

Drizzle will be a non-issue - no umbrellas will be allowed and most smart fans will come prepared with a floppy hat and poncho

My new seats are up two rows from my old seats and yet I feel like I'm closer to the plate and have an overall better view of the entire field

I'm 6'3" and weigh over 250lbs and I have no issue with the chairbacks or arm rests, I still bring in my stadium cushion to pad my ass but the seats are good other than the fact they are not BASEBALL GREEN

Scoreboard will not be complete or fully functional until the CUSA tourney

One glaring omission is no photog well for the local news media - they really need better access to shoot other than from the concourse - major oversight since we should always try to be media friendly

Love the big parking lot directly across from the park - my LTAC donations actually mean something in baseball - football and basketball NOT so much

The ball park is a SOLID A in my book - green chairbacks and photo well would of made it perfect in my book
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Some finishing touches to the exteriors. Looking good. Love the new dorms in the old Caruthers/Neilson dorm spot.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Summer is June 20th, our last game is on May 21.
    Last game in the stadium this year is no earlier than May 30 (C-USA championship game), and could be as late as June 14 if a Super Regional were to be held in Ruston.

The sun angles during the day on May 21 are the same as they are on July 20.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Last game in the stadium this year is no earlier than May 30 (C-USA championship game), and could be as late as June 14 if a Super Regional were to be held in Ruston.

The sun angles during the day on May 21 are the same as they are on July 20.
    Not entirely true, but I’d sit on the surface of the sun to watch the Dawgs play in the NCAAs in Ruston.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

So am I being greedy to think I should find a way to up LTAC and purchase season tickets for football and MBB just to ensure I get my baseball season tickets for the C-USA tournament and beyond? Never mind. I know the answer. It’s called marketing and I’m fine with it if you are getting something for your investment.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Not entirely true, but I’d sit on the surface of the sun to watch the Dawgs play in the NCAAs in Ruston.
    Not sure what isn't entirely true.

On May 21, the sun rises at 65 degrees, is at 77.8 degrees overhead at solar noon, and sets at 295 degrees.
    On July 21, the sun rises at 65 degrees, is at 77.8 degrees overhead at solar noon, and sets at 295 degrees.

That means the sun tracks through the sky exactly the same way on those two days. That means sun angles on the ground are exactly the same on those two days.

Sunrise and sunset times in City of Ruston, May 2021 (timeanddate.com)

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Sitting on the Sun, is an exaggeration and thus not exactly true

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have a real shot at hosting a regional with a capacity close to the local high school? Not being sarcastic. Real question.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

What do we have in chairbacks 1500 or 2000? Supposedly capacity is 2500 but we that includes the berm
    I never understood why we didn’t make it at least 2500 plus berm if we had aspirations of being regional host

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    What do we have in chairbacks 1500 or 2000? Supposedly capacity is 2500 but we that includes the berm
    I never understood why we didn’t make it at least 2500 plus berm if we had aspirations of being regional host
    The day could be coming with the Dawgs’ success if they’re in consideration of hosting an NCAA regional of reopening the can of worms regarding should Tech have built the stadium bigger? It was bandied back and forth among the commentators here about bigger versus quaintness. Seemingly, no commentors really had any say in what Tech ultimately decided, but what’s done is done. If Tech hosts anything then that’s great. If they get passed over for the decision makers’ too small scope of vision then it’ll follow them like Reneau not giving Mulkey the deal that propelled her to championships celebrity status elsewhere and killed Lady Techsters basketball forever.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Well if 2500 is capacity then that should be fine for regional
    Super regional not a chance

+ Reply to Thread