+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: J.C. Love Field Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I can't believe we're playing 9 games in Jackson, MS. WTH? Are you guys telling me that between LSUS, Centenary College, Grambling and ULM/NLU, we couldn't find an NCAA regulation field in north Louisiana to play these 9 games on?

I didn't realize north Louisiana just doesn't need the business and tax revenue from hotel, restaurant, car rental and travel business from the traveling fans and teams. I'm sure the state of Mississippi is very grateful for Tech's generosity.

It's stuff like this that makes you question damn near everything our leadership does. This was a golden opportunity to move some legit college baseball games to the Shreveport-Bossier area, and possibly pick up new marketshare by spreading the word about Tech baseball to a larger media market, expose our game to new recruits, meet HS coaches, etc....

We could have built a lot of excitement around playing in S-B this season:

"DON'T MISS TECH BASEBALL 2020! COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!"

"Buy your 9-game season ticket package NOW!"

We could've hosted a "High School Night", and let local high schoolers in one or 2 of the games for free. Or something like that.

We've had almost a year to get this done, so there's been plenty of runway. Shipping 9 home games out-of-state seems silly to me, and even worse, a lost opportunity to spread your message and excitement to more north Louisiana markets. Honestly, sometimes Tech is its own worst enemy.
    Between ULM, Grambling, Centenary and the Ruston park complex there should of not been any excuse to move a game outside of the I-20 corridor...

As you said, lost opportunities...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Doing favors for Middle, Rice, and ODU is my guess. It's who we are.

Rice is a VERY strange selection for Jackson. Do they traditionally bus in to Ruston?

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Looks like most conference games are either at ULM or Jackson. Size of park, dug outs, etc.. Im sure is the reasoning. Then its a matter of which of the two parks are available each conference series. Im sure we would rather play'em all at ULM for sake of convenience.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Liberal bats. Probably lsu fans.
    Liberals are batty. Their left wing is particularly susceptible.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    There is a group (Play Ball Shreveport) that has been trying to lease the property and pay for the repairs needed. The main problem, as mentioned above is the bats. They planned to remove the bats humanely (don't remember how), and then seal up the areas they've made home. Also, the bat droppings are extremely dangerous, which is another expensive cleanup.

They wanted to use the field for youth baseball, soccer, etc.

It's just a shame that they've let that stadium get run down. It sounds like it's structurally still in good shape, though. Shayne Sharkey said it primarily needs cosmetic and mechanical improvements, and that "it's built very soundly, with reinforced concrete." Says he needs $5M to $7M to gert it done, but thinks he can raise it.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Between ULM, Grambling, Centenary and the Ruston park complex there should of not been any excuse to move a game outside of the I-20 corridor...

As you said, lost opportunities...
    All I know is out of 21 or 22 "home" games I can only make 8 or 9 and none of them are in Jackson MS.

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I can't believe we're playing 9 games in Jackson, MS. WTH? Are you guys telling me that between LSUS, Centenary College, Grambling and ULM/NLU, we couldn't find an NCAA regulation field in north Louisiana to play these 9 games on?

I didn't realize north Louisiana just doesn't need the business and tax revenue from hotel, restaurant, car rental and travel business from the traveling fans and teams. I'm sure the state of Mississippi is very grateful for Tech's generosity.

It's stuff like this that makes you question damn near everything our leadership does. This was a golden opportunity to move some legit college baseball games to the Shreveport-Bossier area, and possibly pick up new marketshare by spreading the word about Tech baseball to a larger media market, expose our game to new recruits, meet HS coaches, etc....

We could have built a lot of excitement around playing in S-B this season:

"DON'T MISS TECH BASEBALL 2020! COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!"

"Buy your 9-game season ticket package NOW!"

We could've hosted a "High School Night", and let local high schoolers in one or 2 of the games for free. Or something like that.

We've had almost a year to get this done, so there's been plenty of runway. Shipping 9 home games out-of-state seems silly to me, and even worse, a lost opportunity to spread your message and excitement to more north Louisiana markets. Honestly, sometimes Tech is its own worst enemy.

Do regulations allow giving free tickets to high school age students b/c no way to keep track if violates athlete recruitment regulations?

I understand it sounds strange that MS will host so many games, but, maybe they’re trying to spread/expand the Louisiana Tech brand awareness in Mississippi where we’ve some success signing from MS Juco?? Who knows, but without knowing all details of scheduling conflicts and stadium availability who could know if it’s the right decision or not.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    Do regulations allow giving free tickets to high school age students b/c no way to keep track if violates athlete recruitment regulations?

I understand it sounds strange that MS will host so many games, but, maybe they’re trying to spread/expand the Louisiana Tech brand awareness in Mississippi where we’ve some success signing from MS Juco?? Who knows, but without knowing all details of scheduling conflicts and stadium availability who could know if it’s the right decision or not.
    So, Louisiana Tech wants to spread "brand awareness" in Mississippi? In the back yard of USM --a school supported by the state of Mississippi taxpayers? A place where LA Tech can't sell season tickets long term, or expect financial support from fans long term?

I have a better idea. Why not spread our brand awareness in north Louisiana? A place where we CAN sell season tickets long term? Where we can expect more positive media publicity and long term financial support from fans and alumni? Just saying.....

If it was just one or two games, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But these 9 games should be getting played in Shreveport-Bossier, where the positive publicity and economic impact can be felt by Louisianians, not in Mississippi, where the state taxpayers and local baseball fans don't even have a vested interest in the product. The saddest part of this story is, we (fans) have to bring it up, and tell our leadership this. No one seems to care.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

But why fault market cycles, or even read the article, when there's a chance to show off your pathological obsession with politics in a sports thread AGAIN?
    You think politics doesn’t play a large role in most all Louisiana sports And their funding as well? Give me a break!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

But why fault market cycles, or even read the article, when there's a chance to show off your pathological obsession with politics in a sports thread AGAIN?
    You think politics doesn’t play a large role in most all Louisiana sports and their funding as well? Give me a break!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You think politics doesn’t play a large role in most all Louisiana sports and their funding as well? Give me a break!
    I do not think that Democratic mayorship in Shreveport played any significant role in the Haynesville Shale bust, resultant job losses, regional economic malaise, and subsequent failure to maintain public athletic facilities.

Whether you intentionally moved the cheese, I will not speculate.

Originally Posted by Champ967

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I do not think that Democratic mayorship in Shreveport played any significant role in the Haynesville Shale bust, resultant job losses, regional economic malaise, and subsequent failure to maintain public athletic facilities.

Whether you intentionally moved the cheese, I will not speculate.
    Nah...nothing to do with the "Haynesville shale bust" at all. The same crap from the local Dems. of Shreveport has been going on for a very long time. Heck, big and small cities and their inner cities run by lib Dems have pretty much all gone down the toilet for decades if you're honest.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I feel like Shreveport even with a “Democratic leadership” has actually been led by the old money republicans that are completely fine with living lavishly in a low cost of living city and doing whatever they want living in southern trace and collecting all the money off of the poor people for themselves.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Good Grief! Tyler & 967 go stand in the corner and not another word! Dixon! I got my eye on you, buddy, and two empty corners!

For the love of Mike, stop the political clap-trap crap.

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Any pics of the site after the demo was finished?

+ Reply to Thread