+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: J.C. Love Field Construction

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    A beer garden would be nice. But, I was referring to the look of the stadium. With that material that looks like wood, but is a durable hard plastic, we could have built a brand new OLD TIMEY stadium! We have a cookie-cutter stadium...that I'm sure will be nice and will serve the purpose...but could have been a trend-setter by turning back the clock with the look of old baseball stadiums. Fenway Park is so cool!!! A new, state-of-the-art facility but one that looks like it is 100 years old! And GREEN!!! A green outfield wall where our super cool, red, white, and blue logo would really pop!
    I didn't like my center field seats in Fenway Park last year. Instead of facing home plate, our whole section of seats literally faced right field. We literally had to turn slightly to our right to see home plate. LOL! Yes, this was inside the stadium, in regular assigned seats behind Center field wall (The green monster). The people I was with said our seat section faced this direction because home plate had been moved many times over the years to accommodate renovations and more seating. However, they never bothered to change these seats. LOL!

So, there's a little unique tidbit for you about Fenway Park. When you visit a park that old, it comes with quirks and all.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    What would have made it special? Beyond more seating or more suites what isn't being built you would want to have?
    I am absolutely devastated to see they are following the plans that allow for only a l,000 SEATING capacity. I know there will be standing room, berm seating, etc that will enable us to promote a stadium with a capacity of 2,000 or more or whatever we want but there will still be only 1,000 seats. Most folks who go to a game want to sit down. We are bringing in the conference tourney and if its like the Biloxi deal where over 5,000 showed up then what will we do? The cost of additional seats, even bleachers, down the sidelines would have been insignificant compared to overall cost. What happened, how did our leaders let this occur? Anyone have any insight as to what was their thinking?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The problem is the area is quite land locked.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    I am absolutely devastated to see they are following the plans that allow for only a l,000 SEATING capacity. I know there will be standing room, berm seating, etc that will enable us to promote a stadium with a capacity of 2,000 or more or whatever we want but there will still be only 1,000 seats. Most folks who go to a game want to sit down. We are bringing in the conference tourney and if its like the Biloxi deal where over 5,000 showed up then what will we do? The cost of additional seats, even bleachers, down the sidelines would have been insignificant compared to overall cost. What happened, how did our leaders let this occur? Anyone have any insight as to what was their thinking?
    Five thousand NEVER showed up to one individual game in Biloxi. We've only had near 1500 a handful of times over the past few years and that includes someone counting what they thought was in the outfield areas along with seats sold, but not used. We will have enough seating.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Composite decking.
    That's it!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I didn't like my center field seats in Fenway Park last year. Instead of facing home plate, our whole section of seats literally faced right field. We literally had to turn slightly to our right to see home plate. LOL! Yes, this was inside the stadium, in regular assigned seats behind Center field wall (The green monster). The people I was with said our seat section faced this direction because home plate had been moved many times over the years to accommodate renovations and more seating. However, they never bothered to change these seats. LOL!

So, there's a little unique tidbit for you about Fenway Park. When you visit a park that old, it comes with quirks and all.
    We had seats between home plate and 1st base...great seats. Open your wallet a little more...

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Five thousand NEVER showed up to one individual game in Biloxi. We've only had near 1500 a handful of times over the past few years and that includes someone counting what they thought was in the outfield areas along with seats sold, but not used. We will have enough seating.
    Check out the stats for the 2017 championship game between USM and Rice, attendance 5216. I dont know if that is correct or not but I suspect it would be because it was a conference event and cusa would have been calling the shots on attendance, etc.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Believe what your hate allows you to believe. SRO for a game in Biloxi... what was th attendance in ‘18 and ‘19

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Question for one of you guys that know construction. There are several stacks of some kind of material on top of the grandstand this morning. Surely it is some kind of roofing or insulation material but the fact that the stacks appear to be square or rectangular has me wondering. Can one of you give me the low-down on what this is and what they're doing?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We had seats between home plate and 1st base...great seats. Open your wallet a little more...
    I've done that too. But I've been there more than once, so as to gain a variety of experiences.

That's going to be a beautiful setting when that's finished.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Question for one of you guys that know construction. There are several stacks of some kind of material on top of the grandstand this morning. Surely it is some kind of roofing or insulation material but the fact that the stacks appear to be square or rectangular has me wondering. Can one of you give me the low-down on what this is and what they're doing?
    I don't really know, I assume it's insulation boards. Then they'll add a few layers on top (like a waterproofing membrane).

A few weeks back they were putting up the metal decking.

EfUC1pkXkAEOdhz.jpg

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I don't really know, I assume it's insulation boards. Then they'll add a few layers on top (like a waterproofing membrane).

A few weeks back they were putting up the metal decking.

Attachment 14557
    That's got to be it. Curious to see if they start laying it or wait until after the storms pass.

A lot more steel has arrived and they're close to having the second stairwell finished so setting the office/locker room building structural steel can't be far off. Interesting that they've taken the boom off the crane. Wonder if they're going to swap to a different boom configuration or go with a different crane?

They got some outfield lights up. I believe they are pouring concrete for the retaining wall along Tech drive.

+ Reply to Thread