+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: J.C. Love Field Construction

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Re: J.C. Love Field Construction

From what I can see, it looks like the new facilities in Ruston will be very nice.

Other facilities in Louisiana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crj2ZwYCwN8

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think this was a T-Mac call basically and maybe a Davison and other big booster call

My main problem with the blue and red over the green (outside of baseball tradition) is the fade factor on the seats after a period of time - basically to pink and light blue

Like I've said - out side of that, I think they got the ballpark right

No complete overhang doesn't bother

Egress and access seem much improved

Concession and bathroom facility much improved

True seating much improved

Amenities for players - no comparison

Just to give folks a taste of what Major League Ball Parks have traditionally looked like with seat colors, below is a quick sample of the color of seats for various big time ball parks. Surprisingly, it appears that most of the newer stadiums are going with green seating, most likely to soften the "fading" issue that Dwayne referred to. However, as you will see, many of the "blue blood" franchises have gone with more team colors instead.

Yankee Stadium - Blue seats
    NY, NY
    NY Yankees

http://yankeestadiumseats.com/id17.html

Fenway Park - Red Seats
    Boston, MA
    Boston Red Sox

San Francisco - Red Seats
    Candlestick Park
    Home to the Former San Francisco Giants before the year 2000

Oracle Park - Green Seats
    San Francisco, CA
    Home to the San Francisco Giants since 2000

Wrigley Field - Green Seats
    Chicago, IL
    Chicago Cubs

Oriole Park, Camden Yards - Green Seats
    Baltimore, MD
    Baltimore Orioles

Los Angeles - Rainbow Colors (mostly blue, red and yellow seats
    Dodger Stadium
    Los Angeles Dodgers

Anaheim Stadium - Mostly Red Seats
    Orange County, CA
    Former home to the California Angels

LA Angels Stadium in Anaheim - Green Seats
    Current LA Angels

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

No roof awning? Those MLB stadium sucks!

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    No roof awning? Those MLB stadium sucks!
    I can tell you from experience, Fenway gets HOT in the summer on the first base side for about the first 20 rows. The wife and I went to a July 4 day game there about 10 years ago. We ended up moving up under the over hang in about the 6th inning.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jellidawg View Post
    I can tell you from experience, Fenway gets HOT in the summer on the first base side for about the first 20 rows. The wife and I went to a July 4 day game there about 10 years ago. We ended up moving up under the over hang in about the 6th inning.
    One thing I like about Fenway that I've never seen anywhere else are the small sports "bleacher" bars under the stands, out in the stadium concourse that circles the stadium. Complete with TV's covering the Sox game inside. They are tough seats to get, but I love those.

Puppy viperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the roughviperhawk is a jewel in the rough viperhawk's Avatar

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Thanks Viperhawk!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by viperhawk View Post
    Good grief! look at that outfield wall with all the angles. Seems to me that outfielders...who play there regularly...would learn how the ball will bounce off the wall, especially at those angles. Can you say homefield advantage?

And left-center is deeper than right-center.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Any ideas on the dimensions of the field?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    Any ideas on the dimensions of the field?
    It's here somewhere. I can't remember the exact amount, but we picked up distance down both lines.

FWIW, our peeps are trying to work out the seating AND distancing (they call it "social" which is an absurd term). I understand the dilemma and don't envy the position they've been put in by our states leaders. I told them to just put us where ever worked best for them in $200 seats. We'll adjust as needed.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Good grief! look at that outfield wall with all the angles. Seems to me that outfielders...who play there regularly...would learn how the ball will bounce off the wall, especially at those angles. Can you say homefield advantage?

And left-center is deeper than right-center.
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's here somewhere. I can't remember the exact amount, but we picked up distance down both lines.

FWIW, our peeps are trying to work out the seating AND distancing (they call it "social" which is an absurd term). I understand the dilemma and don't envy the position they've been put in by our states leaders. I told them to just put us where ever worked best for them in $200 seats. We'll adjust as needed.
    Left-center has always been the deepest part of the park. But there isn't as much of a difference now since all of the dimensions look to be deeper as they needed to be.

Estimating by the overhead shot it is something like this give or take a few feet using points where the wall angle changes:
    Left field line 325
    Left field 370
    Left center 385
    Deepest left center 400
    Center 393
    Right center 388
    Right field 355
    Right field line 335

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I like it. Symmetrical ball parks are boring. We definitely needed more room in right field.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

What's the white on infield turf (or under). Sand?

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    What's the white on infield turf (or under). Sand?
    Yes, sand or some sort of infill top dressing. Once they lay down the turf, they spread some sort of granule infill material (sand, rubber, etc). You can go to Fieldturf website (Infill System) and read up on it.

You can see the materials are staged over there in the old softball parking lot near the train tracks.

+ Reply to Thread